Citadel Experience Dollars

CharmCitysKing

Dalayan Elder
I'm not going to post a big comparison of 65 exp mobs, but it doesn't take a math teacher to realize that there is a major flaw with the end-game experience zone at the moment.

Although I did not agree with the experience reductions to Cita, I understand and accept them. However, as many people have pointed out on these forums and in-game, Kaesora and other "lesser" exp zones are now much more efficient to grind in.

I'd like this to be an open forum on suggestions as to what can be tweaked or changed to Citadel. I'm not asking for the old levels of experience to be restored, but the exp in Cita simply does not scale to the difficulty of mobs in that zone or other zones in the game.

Could HP/AC of the mobs be reduced slightly? Or even the exp increased slightly?

The zone isn't worthless obviously, but it's just out of sorts with the rest of the exp zones in the game and I was hoping that such a cool zone could be restored to some semblance of its former glory.

I joined a group in Cita two days ago for the first time since the exp nerfs and I won't be going back again as the zone stands. Everything there has a ton of health, outputs a lot of damage (many types do AOE damage) and the trash mobs have actual mechanics that you need to pay attention to unlike any other exp area in the game. The difficulty is severely out of whack compared to the experience now.

Citadel *should* be the best exp zone in the game. It provides the highest level of consistently challenging and non-box-friendly content of any exp area I'm aware of (apart from OG giants and FR Rohk trash, but both of those are very high end and I'm not sure if they are even intended to be exp areas).

If the developers don't agree with this, then so be it. I think its really unfortunate because citadel is a really great zone, but players are almost always going to go for the best reward for their time input, so if less challenging areas yield higher exp there will be very few people going to the more challenging areas.

I think the exp nerfs are very similar to the recent item nerfs. Certain devs didn't like how how powerful some players were becoming, so they nerfed stuff. The problem was, *most* stuff was pretty balanced as it was. It wasn't imbalanced items or exp, it was just time+more content = stronger characters. The groups of players who had put insane amounts of time into their SoD character to obtain supreme charms and lots of tomes and lots of the best items in the game could get really good exp. Those players could get crazy good exp in any zone where there are enough mobs to constantly kill though. Citadel wasn't even the best exp zone, it was just the only zone really geared towards high-end characters, so you didnt have to pull/loot insane amounts of mobs and do lots of running around to keep killing.

^ Agree

I loved exping in Citadel for the short period of time where I could always find a guild group to go there. Around every corner, there is a new type of mob that has unique mechanics required to efficiently kill it. Going to Kaesora and slaughtering 25 mobs at a time is much less fun but 2x more productive.

P.S. Young guilds should totally raid this zone.

triple global exp modifier all the time

Would be a start. Maybe someone new would consider climbing exp mountain instead of just moving on.

All I know is I could go to another zone boxed all to hell (Wont mention where to save what little "good exp" there is in the game) and get anywhere between 1.7 and 3x the exp I get from the same time in Cita. The only reason I even consider Cita is because of its potential for the insanely rare and expensive tome 2's now. Forget the fact that they seem more rare then even opii on raids now... but yeah

Last edited:
Would be a start. Maybe someone new would consider climbing exp mountain instead of just moving on.

All I know is I could go to another zone boxed all to hell (Wont mention where to save what little "good exp" there is in the game) and get anywhere between 1.7 and 3x the exp I get from the same time in Cita. The only reason I even consider Cita is because of its potential for the insanely rare and expensive tome 2's now. Forget the fact that they seem more rare then even opii on raids now... but yeah

Almost no one in my guild wants to exp in citadel at this point. The only reasons to exp there are to get souls for an aug, or to hope you get ridiculously lucky and have a tome 2 drop and it's a useful tome 2 which is still really rare.

I personally do not like exping in citadel because the investment / reward is terrible. I can play in other zones like a zombie and not give a shit / get better exp than to have to pay attention and get terrible exp

Did the named rate get nerfed in Cita also? We used to maybe average a named a clear or so on the typical route most grps seem to take, but in the last few weeks it seems like we can go 5 clears and see nothing as a regular occurrence.

How is the money from Citadel? Looking for honesty here, just curious.

Based on my personal experience: If you get lucky with Tome IIs it is very very good. If you're in a very very high dps group that can clear everything including Phoenixes it's pretty solid even if you don't get that lucky with drops but still get 1-2 nameds per clear. If you're in a group that mostly does the entrance and ramparts, it's okay but not great.

Erratic

--If you get some good tome2 drops and can find a buyer, you can make loads of pp.
--If you can't get any tomes, you can rely on the nameds to drop BoE stuff that sells well. Sometimes the nameds drop No Drop items (which are cool don't get me wrong) which can screw your pp.
--Stackables sell well but the expensive stuff doesn't drop very often.

Ask Raxton for a pp/hour comparison; I just sing and loot.

Long Live Squiff

I'm just curious if one of the reasons the exp is poor is because the cash is good, that's all

If the tome droprate was significantly higher it might make sense but they are rare and there are so many stat/resist tomes that aren't worth anything that actually making a lot of money from tome drops hardly ever happens. But then if the tome droprate was higher, their value would drop over time as a result anyways. The trend throughout the game with very few exceptions is that harder exp zones that give exp faster also drop more money relative to the easier zones so Cita being more lucrative shouldn't matter unless you made crazy amounts of pp compared to BQ or First Ruins or whatever, but you don't.

Last edited:
BQ got the nerf bat

Cita got the nerf stick

There is just more and more xp needed to make your pixels good enough to hang out with other pixels.

I'm confused.

last time i exp'd at all was before all these nerfs went in, but at that time there was no better place to spend your non-raiding time than inside of citadel. It was the best most consistent xp and plat farming location pretty much by far. Especially when the tome bubble was at its peak, 20-40kpp for striking/vitality/mind/exceptional healing 2.

If there was something to nerf about citadel, i would look more towards the sell price of stackable items and raw coin the mobs drop and revert the xp back, or at least close to it. Then the rare tome drops or the better boe items would be even more fun to have drop. As it was, you could walk out with nearly 5k per person after ~3 hours (obviously with a really good group) without a tome drop or named pop, as well as 7mill+ xp earned. very efficient.

Maybe this info is all outdated though, all i know is mobs give around half the xp they used to. Which sounds to me like you can just go somewhere else and get comparable rewards with far less hassle.

Nobody goes to Citadel anymore. So it doesn’t matter what the pp per hour is because no ones farming so its obviously not good enough to make it worthwhile.

The zone has been nerfed too hard and needs to be fixed. Or some other method of acquiring tome 2s needs to be added, because its getting ridiculous.

Nobody goes to Citadel anymore. So it doesn’t matter what the pp per hour is because no ones farming so its obviously not good enough to make it worthwhile.
So could you still throw down some numbers to illustrate what is not good enough?

I mean if it's subpar (which I'm not arguing, as I don't know) ponying up the numbers is only going to help prove your point but what you've said right there accomplishes nothing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom