Burning War Drum

shanoma said:
Ahh, don't get mad at the dude Rou, just show him in game.

Meh you're right. Sorry xeener101 I overreacted, I just hate being told how an item affects me by someone who doesn't even have the item. Just pm Rouean in game and I can show you in person if you'd like to see this drum in action compared to the conc tamb.

Using snare would decrease dps by 73⅓% of the base rdot dps
For example this would be a 56dps decrease for myself

Rouean_Onrielas said:

It's actually quite possible to disagree with someone without "shitting on them" and my point stands. Not only that, but it occurs to me that the request part of your sug/req is that there be a higher-end drum, which will come when we add in more instruments in general, which will come after a bunch of other stuff that you'd probably be happier to have than a drum anyway (Such as instrument mods helping almost all of your songs instead of just a few), which will come when I can wrap my head around this slavering monstrosity we call the Sod source.

The jist is that your request shouldn't be done at this time and your suggestion somewhat corrupts the intent of the item, so I fear it's a 'no' overall.

As thinkmeats has said this item is intended as a situational item and fills its role perfectly.

If you want to make another post about instrument progression be my guest but don't piggyback it onto this.

Waldoff said:
As thinkmeats has said this item is intended as a situational item and fills its role perfectly.

If you want to make another post about instrument progression be my guest but don't piggyback it onto this.

If that's the final word then that's the final word. I appreciate your response.

To TM and Wold:

Please don't forget, my offer to help out with itemization of instruments throughout the tiers still stands. I understand devs have a lot on their plate and I think getting some help from the playerbase (preferably the bards in this case) to even simply form a skeleton version of the progression for each instrument type based on some sort of guidelines that you two head devs give us/myself, (whoever is willing really), will not only ease a good deal of work off the devs themselves but also speed up timeframes a bit.

I would just like to add, as the longest standing active bard on the server. I personally find this item to be inline with it's duties that it was made to do. Myself and Woldaff had discussed this when I first received it. There are also quite a few other situations that it can be used in, as in higher end ramp mobs. By that point normally as a bard your going to be on the #1 ramp list, so back up, and lose pretty much none of your dps. You can also use it to "Sneaky Cast" thus providing more dps that way.

Also from a logical standpoint, have you looked at the size of that drum, it's old, it's made of solid wood and leather skin topped. It's probably actually heavy, try running around and keeping a beat with that thing in your hands. I can guarentee that you'll be feeling a snare effect :p

articbre said:
Also from a logical standpoint, have you looked at the size of that drum, it's old, it's made of solid wood and leather skin topped. It's probably actually heavy, try running around and keeping a beat with that thing in your hands. I can guarentee that you'll be feeling a snare effect :p
It's on fire as well, so... that's logical

Back
Top Bottom