Bard armor augments

BranFlakes

Dalayan Adventurer
For those higher raiding guild bards:

Do you often find augmenting your equipment with AC, RESISTS or HPs to be of more use in the long run?
Or does it vary greatly depending upon what Tier you have entered into raidwise?
Just checking general opinions from the higher tier bard raiders based upon raiding/ grouping/ whatever you are doing information.

Considering I never tank, but I only aux tank if that, I go with HP augs. They help with the occasional aux tanking and also help with taking spell damage or phantom strikes. I guess some guilds may have a bard offtank if they do not run a second or third tank, and also do not run a ranger or monk who are vastly superior to bards at the same tier.

robopirateninja said:
I agree with felyn and am seriously confused by using AC augs on anything but a warrior, paladin or shadowknight

Bards make decent off/aux tanks due to plate armor, add AC augs and profit.

ok but ac augs only help when you are getting beat on and that is not most of the time for a bard, so why not get something that helps you all of the time instead of just when you offtank

Because you can aux tank all the time?

Reducing the DPS on the tank by 10% is pretty amazing.

robopirateninja said:
ok but ac augs only help when you are getting beat on and that is not most of the time for a bard, so why not get something that helps you all of the time instead of just when you offtank

AC helps with Aux tanking, which helps your raid in general. I can understand why people want to go HP, as in general it might be of more benefit to the bard, but overall, IMO, its better for the raid to have a bard go AC. Don't underestimate bard nimble, agro, and tanking ability with a shield/ac augs.

Mythryn said:
AC helps with Aux tanking, which helps your raid in general. I can understand why people want to go HP, as in general it might be of more benefit to the bard, but overall, IMO, its better for the raid to have a bard go AC. Don't underestimate bard nimble, agro, and tanking ability with a shield/ac augs.

Botting a cleric and letting the SK die helps too

Ginam said:
Because you can aux tank all the time?

Reducing the DPS on the tank by 10% is pretty amazing.

Aux tanking maxes out, and depending on how many other aux tanks and how good their gear is, a bard aux tank is either unnecessary, or will add little to the total benefit of aux tanking. It really just depends on your guild setup. In my current guild, we have enough enough toons that max out aux tanking pretty quick, so many times I am not even needed to aux tank.

I pretty much started to gear up my bard with resists augs in main point to reach the 500 so he takes minimal ae dmg from spell casting mobs. Then i came up to my goals so i started to get ac augs mainly cause i used to duo alot.

Spiritplx said:
Aux tanking maxes out, and depending on how many other aux tanks and how good their gear is, a bard aux tank is either unnecessary, or will add little to the total benefit of aux tanking. It really just depends on your guild setup. In my current guild, we have enough enough toons that max out aux tanking pretty quick, so many times I am not even needed to aux tank.

What Felyn is trying to say is that they've already got a bard with AC augs to aux tank so He can be lazy. =D

Allielyn said:
What Felyn is trying to say is that they've already got a bard with AC augs to aux tank so He can be lazy. =D

Well, Steel is a bit different than most guilds, seeing as how we can max aux tanking with just a few toons in the front. If a guild runs a warrior, paladin, shadowknight and monk, then there really is no need for a bard aux tank.

Spiritplx said:
Well, Steel is a bit different than most guilds, seeing as how we can max aux tanking with just a few toons in the front. If a guild runs a warrior, paladin, shadowknight and monk, then there really is no need for a bard aux tank.

I would put a bard in front so the monk go move in back and do more dps, but maybe that sweet, sweet bard melee DPS with a shield equipped is too important to put in front of a mob and be subjected to parry, block and riposte.

Tempus said:
I would put a bard in front so the monk go move in back and do more dps, but maybe that sweet, sweet bard melee DPS with a shield equipped is too important to put in front of a mob and be subjected to parry, block and riposte.

The monk will be a better aux tank for using a 2h weapon and having (generally) more ac and WAY more defensive skills. Sure bard melee dps is lower compared to other classes, but us using a shield makes us even worse, while a monk can still use a 2h and be better DPS and a better aux tank. Lower tiered guilds may want a bard to have AC augs since it will require more aux tanks to max the benefit.

Honestly this same subject keeps popping up all over the place, and it really is pretty much the same thing every time. Most people claim that AC augs are like some divine power that bards must use otherwise they suck, which is not true at all. AC augs vs HP augs is really a preference choice and you cant go wrong with either if your playing a bard. And a lot of time people seem to forget the fact that Aux tanking is based off everything EXCEPT stances. That means that a Bard in all HP augs is going to aux tank ALMOST as good as one in AC augs.

The thing about HP augs is that it also helps outside of tanking and if you want my opinion as someone who has played both a bard and a warrior. Bards are a joke at tanking late game, they are as useful as their parry stance.

If you want to be able to be more hardy and aux tank almost as well as a all AC aug bard, go HP aug.

If you want to max your aux tanking and possibly have a chance to shine at a job about 5 other classes do a better job at go AC augs.

Ohh ya and Resist augs are pretty awesome too, but unlike HP/AC augs sometimes the resists do nothing. If your going this route its good to kind of know what your up against and try to balance them around that.

Back
Top Bottom