Athica Bank

ShunGokuSatsu

Dalayan Beginner
As Athica is the most popular gathering locale for toons of all levels, I've noticed that at peak hours, the bank can be somewhat of a cloisterfrack of characters for various reasons (mules, guild banks, people depositing/withdrawing, listsenders, etc).

Something that makes doing any of the above a terrific pain in the ass, is when a large race (troll/ogre predominantly) stand in the doorway and goes AFK or refuses to move or be shrunken, which effectively prevents anybody without shrink or illusion from getting past them.

Given the volume of traffic in Athica bank, I submit the idea that there should be a quickly refreshing trap placed in Athica bank doorway which automatically shrinks whomever walks through the door. This will not only eliminate the nuisance of large races taking up the space of three toons with their oversized arses, but allow for a larger number of bank goers in general due to greater volume capacity.

Thoughts?

Given the volume of traffic in Athica bank, I submit the idea that there should be a quickly refreshing trap placed in Athica bank doorway which automatically shrinks whomever walks through the door. This will not only eliminate the nuisance of large races taking up the space of three toons with their oversized arses, but allow for a larger number of bank goers in general due to greater volume capacity.

Thoughts?
A gnome at the side of the bank that offers to shrink everyone inside as a prank for a little cash

everyone do bounties and get a thurgadin neck to make that the new cool dude hang out + add unbinder and healer and move the neck-in spot to in front of the bounty building

I honestly think what needs to happen is more incentives to diversify hubs.

I've noticed that a lot of higher-tiered toons like to gather/bank in Sadri and South Newport as an alternative to Athica. I think Athica has remained on top due to proximity of MoP to bank, it being one of the first portals to jump to in the MoP itself, and for the fact that for many of the players it is force of habit.

My main point is that, with the exception of banks like the one in Kelethin, there is usually enough room to support the large races. However, the combination of Athica being a small bank and a popular one at that, I think that some measure should be taken to ensure that people don't take up more room than they need to. An extra banker, the ability to shrink without being in a group; there are many ways to go about this.

People use Sadri because the gate neck quest doesn't require a faction grind and can be done in a few hours. Newport is also easy if you do Everchill and loot like 50-60 orc ears.

Athica is one of the grossest gate item grinds outside of Ikisith so I don't understand why it's popular.

as long as your toon is lvl 20(?) or higher, /cm housekey will get you to a bank from anywhere in most (all?) cities. It's really overlooked and can save a ton of frustration. I know it's not the perfect answer, but it's a way to save yourself some irritation in these cases.

I think it's fairly important that one city serve as a place for newer players to congregate and meet each other. Perhaps Athica shouldn't be that place, but I remember making or getting in a lot groups on those steps.

I remember back in the early days of SoD, South Newport used to be the central hub of the server. I quit for a year or two, so I assume the rise in popularity of the Athica gate neck quest is what caused the change. Huge bummer, cause I preferred Newport.

I've noticed there is a bug when I play my Ogre character, and the same probably goes for Trolls and possibly Barbarians as well. A pet can block my Ogre from entering a bank, whereas other races you can simply just walk through them. I don't know if this issue has ever been addressed, but it's annoyed the hell out of me at times. A pet class can be perfectly out of te way, but be afk and their pet has blocked me from entering the bank. I wish this would be resolved.

Erudin Palace was and will always be my favorite city, but nobody wants to go there because there's no neck quest for it, so you're stuck either binding there or mopping. It's such a convenient place too because the bank is right next to a 24 hour vendor and it's small, so it has easy MoP access.

PoN worshipper area. Guaranteed free place cause most of the server can't even go there, and a vendor right next to the banker. Getting buffbots there is another story though...

Back
Top Bottom