Any @Administrators Around?

DodoBot

Dalayan Elder
Just gonna be real. Lots of people love this game and have played for a long time, myself included. Many of us are concerned with the lack of activity. We've got current developers with some great ideas and content that is good to go TO-DAY. There are at least a few candidate devs who want to work both new and existing content, or so I've been told.

As of right now, nobody has keys to the kingdom, and the server is somewhat adrift for lack of commit privileges. Is it possible for someone from the Red Team to either add another member or delegate a limited number of rights to a deputy in order allow patches to move forward? This was supposed to be addressed when @Dev-Cole was made an admin, but it's been 6 months with no patches. Ideally, we should always have at least 2 active admins in case of this very scenario...

No judgement because everyone has a real life, but it would be nice if someone were able to at least push the rock forward a bit (when we have at least 3 devs with content in progress right now). If one of you guys, Cole, Jumbers, maybe even Taryth (or Woldo or Slaar?)... if someone official could pop in and grant some limited rights to one or more of the Green Team, I think everyone would be super stoked to see some steam in the engine again. Also, if you are IRL friends with a dev, give them a hug and tell them to login! Wishing everyone all the best.

Last edited:
From my understanding, Cole was never made into a "real" admin. He never gained the ability to patch, so it was only a promotion in name only.

Having one person only that can patch is obviously an issue, especially if that person has been missing in action since October 2022.

Hopefully something can get worked out so the server can become better. Also, can I please be a Dev? Thank you.

From my understanding, Cole was never made into a "real" admin. He never gained the ability to patch, so it was only a promotion in name only.

Having one person only that can patch is obviously an issue, especially if that person has been missing in action since October 2022.

Hopefully something can get worked out so the server can become better. Also, can I please be a Dev? Thank you.
i logged in to say no

I can do a “what’s Cole working on” at some point. But I have been busy studying for a test.

I believe SoD is part museum. A preservation of history and memories. And it is successful just existing. In my mind I explain the tension of changes as an undoing if player memories. It would be like someone changing Final Fantasy 6, but in a way where I could not go back and play the original.

Last point while I am here. Some of the same individuals get kind of passionate about changes done during a patch. It is an interesting behavior to be mad at changes and also mad at no changes. But there is probably more nuance to that. So we’ll give the benefit of the doubt

Thanks for a response. Goodluck on the test.

Is the team looking to expand and add more GM/DEV positions to help take the daily petition workload off of DEVS so they can focus on creating content/class reworks/seasons?

I can do a “what’s Cole working on” at some point. But I have been busy studying for a test.

I believe SoD is part museum. A preservation of history and memories. And it is successful just existing. In my mind I explain the tension of changes as an undoing if player memories. It would be like someone changing Final Fantasy 6, but in a way where I could not go back and play the original.

Last point while I am here. Some of the same individuals get kind of passionate about changes done during a patch. It is an interesting behavior to be mad at changes and also mad at no changes. But there is probably more nuance to that. So we’ll give the benefit of the doubt
People getting mad at changes means people are invested, right? It’s still crappy behavior and the dev team doesn’t deserve it, but at least the players are passionate.

When you push a patch and nobody comments… that’s when you know it’s a bad day for shards.

Sounds like SoD will just continue to slowly die. I guess it has been a good run.
Oh, it is finally dead? Had a pretty good run. Even when I was playing again, the forums were very unactive. I just figured people were communicating in discord or in game.

I removed a few odd posts that seem to pitch me against other admins. I get the perspective, but not the best angle.

just saying since I can't dm on the forums, my post was 100% in good faith and not intended to be sarcastic at all - fwiw

Old player here, I keep always checking SoD.com for any main updates/patches and indeed has been a while, came into the forums to check what was going on and found not one, but two threads about the future of SoD.

As a devoted player to the server, I do agree that SoD has came to a stop on the development. Fresh faces on the team could work!

Hi all, I too am a perpetual off and on SoD player. I was really excited for a season 3 to hop back in, but it never came.

I absolutely appreciate what everyone has done to work on the game, but I'd also love it if people who are eager to pitch in to help out could be given the opportunity to do so

Back
Top Bottom