Announcement - 2.5 is now in "Soft Launch" Open Testing Phase

Be sure to hang out in #25testing on IRC as well. We talk quite a bit about different bugs on there, and while it does not replace /bug, it is good for fleshing things out with other testers.

EverQuest cannot find the zone file "clz" in the directory that you are currently running EverQuest from. Please check and make sure that you do not have more than one directory with EverQuest installed. If so, you may be running the wrong directory. For assistance with this porblem, pleas call (858) 537-0898, or visit our website at hhtp://ww.everquest.com

ea time the game is done loding and b4 char select i get this msg and eq crashes
i did re patsh all and did delete the eqclient.ini and did repatsh all 1 more still this is happening ea time .......

so any one can help me w/ this ??
i rly like to test the new 2.5

When you copied over your Everquest folder, did you remove the old SoD launcher?

Each person I walked through the install had a fresh copy of EQ .. not SoD. Which likely means that transferring the SoD version of Everquest is causing some kind of glitch in some systems.

First try removing any and all launchers from the new Everquest directory you made.

If that still does not work try a fresh install of the Everquest game instead of copy/pasting your current directory.

Also make sure you are saving the new directory in a different location.

Example:

C:
>Users
>>Public
>>>Sony Online Entertainment
>>>>Installed Games
>>>>>SoD 2.5 Beta (this is your newly created folder)
>>>>>>(place new copy here)

You can then open your internet browser and the new launcher for SoD will be in the Download window (ctrl+J in Chrome will open the download window), drag and drop it into the Everquest Folder you just copied and run it, making sure there is a check in "Repatch All" and no check in "Bypass DLL Injection".

Yes, excellent point. The ACCOUNTS are from a couple of months ago, whereas the characters are about a week old. At some point I should probably update that, but for right now, try your older passwords and if you have an issue let us know.

So i logged jraul in, and jyre works so looks like 2.5 is rdy for live launch wooo...just kidding but this is tits for real glad to see it coming along so well

I've tried deleting eqclient.ini and installing a fresh copy but it still won't start for me. No error messages popped up.

Logged in for a bit, the game looks pretty.

Every time I zoned all my AA's reset however I didn't get the aa's back that I had already spent so just ran around with no AA's the 2nd time I zoned. Some of the quantities of AA's were wrong like 21 ranks of Healing Gift however it changed when I started to put points into it. 5 ranks of Run speed also.

Lev doesn't bounce you. Basically reason enough to love 2.5

Logged in for a bit, the game looks pretty.

Every time I zoned all my AA's reset however I didn't get the aa's back that I had already spent so just ran around with no AA's the 2nd time I zoned. Some of the quantities of AA's were wrong like 21 ranks of Healing Gift however it changed when I started to put points into it. 5 ranks of Run speed also.

Lev doesn't bounce you. Basically reason enough to love 2.5

AA's are super jacked up. they arent actually reversing. They are duplicating. you'll see them everytime you zone for now. Secrets is working hard on it though! some aa's arent implimented and you might see some extra ones that don't actually exist

Norton is blocking me patching, has anybody else had this problem, basically it thinks the patcher is a Trojan.

Never mind think I just have to disable sonar

Seems like will have to disable Sonar every time I want to run new patcher can this be looked at?

OK can log in to character select for my toons but program hangs when try to enter world. Done a fresh install with Titanium discs and Sonar disabled

Last edited:
Well today I logged in and was delighted to see Athica in all its glory. However, as far as I could tell I was the only player on the server (midday GMT). Is there a time when people log on for testing?

I've been trying to log onto the beta server at various times during the last week, but, at character select, every time I try to Enter World with one of my characters I get the message "That zone is unvailable." (My main for instance is in GFay.) Are most of the zones perpetually down or something at the moment?

We mostly have the server down (save for a few zones) right now while we deal with some nasty backend issues. Unfortunately, a few of us are heavily preoccupied with some real life intrusions (all at the same time, no less), so progress is slow on that front. However, I know things become a lot more free come early August (at least for me) and we should be able to hash out this and the AA issues. Sorry for the delay, just no helping it right now, this is a busy time of year for folks.

Back
Top Bottom