Althuna aug - Penance

Daffie

Dalayan Pious Diety
I am at the portion of the quest where Private Peters Greaven attacks me and I kill him (in City of Mercy.) I died the first time and realized that my box was not allowed to heal me due to getting messages, "Your deity does not permit you to cast [Spell] on that target in this zone."

Both toons are Althuna pledged. Also, I can't seem to res my corpse nor cast SSS and other spells on myself or group (I can cast Divine Might...) This is fairly frustrating...

Greaven is hitting me for 400s. I am not sure how Daffie is going to kill him without being able to receive heals, and I remember healing through other fights just fine.

I feel like something is not right here, can you please check into this issue or toss me some direction as to how I should be approaching this portion of the quest?

Last edited:
This is straight from the wiki and all the dialog matched when I did the hails. He actually attacks me...

Penance

Return to Private Peters Greaven.
You say, 'Hail, Private Peters Greaven'
Private Peters Greaven looks very pale, and angry... 'You... what do you want.'
You say, 'Are you ok Peters? You don't look so good.'
Private Peters Greaven says, 'Don't call me Peters! It's Private Greaven to you! You always disrespect me. Think I am a joke. Just like he said. He is right.'
You say, 'Peters, what are you talking about?'
Private Peters Greaven says, 'Dammit what did I tell you! Just because you are a Lieutenant doesn't make you better than me! I should be a Lieutenant. I did more work than you. Am more loyal. But no I have to watch prisoners and clean up their shit when they are dead, while you get to go out there and act the hero. I'm ten times the hero you are! Ten times the hero!'
You say, 'Private! Calm down. I need Grants things.'
Private Peters Greaven glares at you. 'No.'
You say, 'Private, I am ordering you to give me Grants things.'
Private Peters Greaven glares at you. 'No.'
Private Peters Greaven looks at you, an odd look about him. 'I like your Lieutenants insignia.'
You say, 'What does that-'

Kill Private Peters Greaven.

(NOTE: [You have been flagged for the next section!])

Your journal has been updated. [Penance]
Note: Journal update: What the hell! I've got to tell somebody! What is going on!

Strange - I don't recall having this problem. I worked with 2 other people - one time I was actively on the quest, the second time I was finished.

Oh, maybe it's just been a long time. Isn't he a deep green con at 65?

A different one that is dark blue or white con pops and attacks you. I did this quest on my bad alt enchanter but I kind of boxed Bango so I didn't have this issue.

The only thing I can think that might help him is maybe pulling the mob out towards the entrance if possible and using a non-pledged healer.

if i recall correctly, i used a non-althuna but also non-kos healer. if you only have access to kos toons, i am pretty sure you can run up to the wall with the wards (like zapple said) and quick heal from afar

Seems weird to me that 2 chars pledged to Althuna can't help each other, but that is the way it is. I was able to log in my KOS shaman and invis/dodge to a safe spot. He was enough healing for the kill assist.

Thanks again everyone.

We encountered a serious issue on the Althuna aug quest:

Here is some background ... My wife and I recently decided to pick up where we left off on the Althuna augment quest. In case anyone does not know, my wife boxes Amalthea and Tani while I box Aynahe and Ryst. All 4 are sworn Althuna.

Aynahe, Amalthea and Tani had completed the trial of purity and stopped there. Ryst however had not even started the quest line (lazy chanter). We decided to catch Ryst up and then move on together thorugh the remainder of the steps. We caught Ryst up to the trial of purity easily enough and picked up a couple of other guild mates (Sorinna and Biarni) who also needed the trial of purity. Another guild mate offered to play an Althuna sworn mage so we dropped Tani for the trial since we would have Amalthea and Biarni for heals.

The issue came when we entered the trial and quickly discovered that Amalthea and Biarni could not cast any heals ... you could say this was a bit of a problem. We wiped, swapped out for a non-Althuna cleric and a couple non-Althuna sworn dps, got back up there and re-entered the trial with 30 mins left and we were able to just finish it. We should have realized there would be a problem when none of us could use our combine clickies while in City of Mercy.

The next problem came on the Private Peters (/snicker) fight. Again, we had no targetable heals for this fight. I loaded up all the paladin self-heals I could and we powered through. Mind you, we would be considered very over-tier for this step.

I find it hard to believe that this was an intended consequence of changes made to casting in your own deity's zone, but it had some real serious ramifications. Admittedly, in my own frustration, I nearly decided to go pariah and pug the zone until nothing was left standing ... (lol). I am not sure if it is possible to make a separate instance of the zone to have these fights occur (like Hatesfury A/B) - an instance where you could cast heals in - but that would be one possible fix.

isn't that how its always been? i thought the point of the quest were u are supposed to get carried through. george w bush was still president when i did it though so i cant really remember, but i seem to recall not being able to heal during that event

If it makes you feel any better, Marlow followers suffer from the same thing at some point in their deity quest. So do Tarhyl worshippers, and likely others - only ever did those 2 augs til completion.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread! As a cleric, with buffs and potions, best I was able to do is to get Greaven to 40% during several attempts to solo him. I might be able to get a kos healer to help, but I want to make sure I would not screw my faction in the process. Is that feasible?

That is what I had to do. Park my non althuna shaman in a safe spot and pull him out to that spot. If you can solo it to 40 you can box it for a win :)

What a coincidence! I have a non Althuna shaman alt I can box. Might try this in the following few weeks. Will post result if successful. Thanks for the encouragement!

I ran a non kos shaman and a kos tank to the corner, camped healer in case I had to try more than once. I summoned a pet hammer first, so that it would slow down Greaven enough that I would not get stunned from behind, then puled to tank. Killed him the first try.

Thank you Daffie!

I ran a non kos shaman and a kos tank to the corner, camped healer in case I had to try more than once. I summoned a pet hammer first, so that it would slow down Greaven enough that I would not get stunned from behind, then puled to tank. Killed him the first try.

Thank you Daffie!

Glad you got that part finished! I was a little drunk last night, or I would have mentioned that I think people pledged to Althuna can assist in these fights per a recent change to the zone.

Back
Top Bottom