Kirin Folken

Dalayan Elder
Drops from Manifestations of Elements

MAGIC ITEM - LORE ITEM - NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2HB Atk Delay: 50
DMG: 38
Skill Mod: Channeling +10%
Effect: Call of the Hero (Condition: Click, 12.0)
Focus Effect: Companion Health VI
AGI: +35 INT: +35 CHA: +50 STA: +35 HP: +145 MANA: +225
WT: 6.0 Size: LARGE
Class: MAG
Race: HUM ERU HIE DEF GNM

Now granted its got a very nice focus effect, and cool clicky. However its stats like many 2hers for casters seem somewhat lacking compared to 1h pri/sec a caster could have equipt in its place. Considering this is also a tier 6 drop vs other items that come from lower tiers or easyer encounters a stat adjustment seems in order.

Example of other items:

Wand of Destructive Force
From SoDWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
AC: 15
Effect: Force Shock (Must equip. Casting Time: 7.0)
Focus Effect: Damage Increment V
STR: +30 STA: +30 CHA: +25 INT: +25 HP: +75 MANA: +125
SV Magic: -30
Required level of 60.
WT: 1.9 Size: TINY
Class: NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: ALL

From Gotss (tier 5)

Ice Crystal Staff
From SoDWiki
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Skill: 1H Blunt ATK Delay: 20
DMG: 14
Effect: Temperate Flux (Must Equip. Casting Time: 5.0)
INT: +25 CHA: +20 MANA: +150
Recommended Level of 50.
WT: 4.5 Size: SMALL

Lexicon of Ancient Lore
From SoDWiki
[MAGIC ITEM][LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Slot: RANGE PRIMARY SECONDARY
Effect: Incarnation of Ice (Must Equip. Casting Time: 10.0)
INT: +15 CHA: +15 MANA: +150
SV FIRE: +25 SV COLD: +10
Recommended level of 50.
WT: 1.5 Size: SMALL

Both from GLH in SE. (tier 4)

Book of the Archmagi
From SoDWiki
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Effect: Badlands Gate (Must Equip. Casting Time: 18.0)
CHA: +10 INT: +20 AGI: +20 MANA: +105
SV MAGIC: +30
WT: 2.4 Size: MEDIUM

from AdvisorZerk (tier 4)

Coral Tipped Wand
From SoDWiki
Effect: Recovery II
Focus Effect: Affliction Enhancement V
INT: +10 CHA: +20 HP: +115 MANA: +115
CR: +15
Aggression: -1%
WT: 1.3 Size: SMALL
Class: SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC

Bremm (tier 3?4?)

Buckler of Unending Pain
From SoDWiki
Slot: SECONDARY
AC: 30
Focus Effect: Duration Increment VI
STA: +18 WIS: +12 INT: +12 CHA: +10 HP: +125 MANA: +150
CR: +10 DR: +10
Weight: 4.6 Size: Medium
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Type 2 Aug Slot

Arch mage (Tier 6) *note this one even has a Aug slot*

Wand of the Everliving
From SoDWiki
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 25
DMG: 30
Effect: Aura of Balance (Worn)
Skill Mod: Evocation +5%
STA: +10 INT: +18 CHA: +15 HP: +125 MANA: +145
MR: +10
Weight: 1.5 Size: Small

Keeper Delvin (tier 6)

Even looking at some 2heres from lower tiers.

Myr`Zarad's Rod of Hegemony
From SoDWiki
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 50
DMG: 25
Cold DMG: 20
Effect: Flowing Thought II (Worn)
CHA: +30 INT: +25 HP: +95 MANA: +175
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
Recommended level of 50.
WT: 5.8 Size: LARGE
Class: WIZ MAG
RACE: ALL

Empress Pen (tier 4)

Azakiael's Focus
From SoDWiki
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 38
DMG: 16
Skill Mod: Channeling +12%
Focus Effect: Damage Increment VI
STR: +8 STA: +8 CHA: +20 WIS: +25 INT: +25 AGI: +12 HP: +75 MANA: +200
SV FIRE: +12 SV DISEASE: +12 SV COLD: +12 SV MAGIC: +12 SV POISON: +12
Mind Shield: +15%
WT: 6.0 Size: MEDIUM

VD treasure Maps

All of the above items are easyer to get, then Alakazarr.

Alakazarr looks like it could use some saves added to it, and prehaps with the new elemental damage bonus in give it some Elemental Damage (fire?) prehaps +20?
Even kicking its mana to 250 I wouldn't see being out of the question considering most 1hers you can aquire by the time you hit tier 6 will add up over 250 raw mana between pri/sec. Or prehaps Add Flowing thought instead of more Raw Mana.

Last edited:
I agree, this is basically an item for the bag. But it's one hell of a bagged item, CoH clicky is very nice to have and you will never get rid of it.

(Highly situational item that will stay with you forever - I'm not sure if it needs an upgrade, but I sure won't argue against it)

granted im not within the capability of getting items like this on a regular basis like alot of higher end characters, but i would like to say i agree whole heartedly with saying 2h weapons usually leave more to be desired compared to a prim/sec set of items.
not saying it should be a massive project to nerf 1h items or boost 2h items... but just a side note is all

Well, think about it. Two one handed items SHOULD be better than one two handed item. You have to get the two one handers to drop, whereas you only have to have the one two hander drop. It involves more time getting both of those items, so they should when combined be more powerful than a 2 handed item of the same tier.

Well, think about it. Two one handed items SHOULD be better than one two handed item. You have to get the two one handers to drop, whereas you only have to have the one two hander drop. It involves more time getting both of those items, so they should when combined be more powerful than a 2 handed item of the same tier.

This is pretty much what I have always heard/thought. It would be nice if all caster 2h weapons could see a little more to set them apart from the advantages in raw stats from using two one-handers, but to be honest I think this item does that pretty well. Instantly clicking CoH without a spellslot consumed is a pretty amazing thing for mages who would need to keep the spell on the bar all of the time to be able to use it at a moment's notice because of the long cooldown.

I'm also not too sure about all of the comparisons in the OP, I would definitely say that some of the mobs in CoD are harder than manis.

edit: also Wand of the Everliving probably needs a nerf.

Last edited:
its meant as a situational item and 2 separate items that take more time to get than 1, mage only item, should always be far superior in stats.

Its meant for the click, and for possibly equipping if your gear sucks. I can see maybe slapping a little more resist on it, but thats about it

i never thought about the time it took to get two 1h items as opposed to one 2h item. i always thought "if you have an item taking up two slots, it should be as good or better than the two items alone taking up both slots".
So yeah, i can see what you're saying now, and agree. two 1h items > one 2h item. and should be like that afterall

The time investment on 2 items vs the 1 item is valid. However from my experience (Up to Tier 7) These 2hers tend to be few and farer between then thier 1h counter parts.

So even thought you have to get 2 items, they are quicker or at least on par time wise with getting the 2her counterparts.

None of the Keepers or Arch mage are harder then manifestation.

If this item truely is just for the clicky then the stats on it don't matter; But if its only for the clicky and focus effect why does it have stats?

All Pri/Sec vs 2h arguement aside... lets look sololy at these 2 items in comparison to Alakazarr.

Myr`Zarad's Rod of Hegemony
From SoDWiki
CHA: +30 INT: +25 HP: +95 MANA: +175
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +50
Recommended level of 50.

Empress Pen (tier 4)

Azakiael's Focus
From SoDWiki
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 38
DMG: 16
Skill Mod: Channeling +12%
Focus Effect: Damage Increment VI
STR: +8 STA: +8 CHA: +20 WIS: +25 INT: +25 AGI: +12 HP: +75 MANA: +200
SV FIRE: +12 SV DISEASE: +12 SV COLD: +12 SV MAGIC: +12 SV POISON: +12
Mind Shield: +15%
WT: 6.0 Size: MEDIUM

VD tmap

Adding some Resist and Elemental Damage and it would seem more in line with these other 2hers from lower tiers while still not making Alakazarr better then pri/sec options.

Myr'Zarad also seems to be too good for its tier, especially if the elemental damage changes are in. Is it crazy rare or something? I've killed Empress a lot of times and been around the server for years and I'd never heard of it before this post.

edit: I realize that on the tier list OP ends after CoD starts. In my opinion though everything but Taeshlin really belongs at tier 6, with the start of CoD. Manifestation of elements is also one of the first (and easier) OP fights.

Last edited:
It's actually pretty amazingly good. Hell I'd straight up offer my services on an op raid to nab a rot one, but I ended up doing mani's only a few times. The COH clicky is why. Although COH is a pretty crappy spell overall since the nerf a long time ago. It's basic best use is laziness while 2boxing.

I would say Motg < Manifest < Mirror < Taeshlin on OP diff.

Empress Staff gets pretty close straight up stat wise to Alakazarr once faction bound ( not counting the FT 2, Elemental dmg, and resist difference )

Faction Bound
CHA: +30 INT: +30 HP: +130 MANA: +200
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +50
Recommended level of 50.

Please don't get me wrong I am not complaining about the clicky in the slightest. Just seems a waste for the rest of the item if thats all its going to be.

I think how it should be is that a 2h from a tier should be worse then 2 1h from the same tier but should be better then 2 1h from lower tiers. Granted this tiem will never get deleted by a mage and will always stay in the bag I think it should still be an upgrade to people doing manis for the first time unless perhaps if you are wearing motg ruby and wand of everliving cause if you have both though you are pretty much set for that tier.

Myr'Zarad also seems to be too good for its tier, especially if the elemental damage changes are in. Is it crazy rare or something? I've killed Empress a lot of times and been around the server for years and I'd never heard of it before this post.

edit: I realize that on the tier list OP ends after CoD starts. In my opinion though everything but Taeshlin really belongs at tier 6, with the start of CoD. Manifestation of elements is also one of the first (and easier) OP fights.
It is crazy rare indeed. We've only seen one so far. And at the time it wasn't too hot because our wizards were all over the VD Tmap 2hander for damage inc 6.

the stats kirin posted on the non-faction bound had +50DR, the wiki also states its +50 on both
guess someone needs to edit the wiki and fix it

Summary of preposed changes:

Alakazarr, Grand Summoner
MAGIC ITEM - LORE ITEM - NO DROP
Skill: 2HB Atk Delay: 50
DMG: 38
Fire DMG: 20
Skill Mod: Channeling +10%
Effect: Call of the Hero (Condition: Click, 12.0)
Focus Effect: Companion Health VI
AGI: +35 INT: +35 CHA: +50 STA: +35 HP: +145 MANA: +225
SV FIRE: +12 SV DISEASE: +8 SV COLD: +12 SV MAGIC: +15 SV POISON: +8
WT: 6.0 Size: LARGE
Class: MAG
Race: HUM ERU HIE DEF GNM

Thoughts?

PS- Would love to have it look like one of the many many other staff/Rods in game as opposed to the skeletal duck with snow flakes.

The clicky uses the same spell timer as the actual spell does, so the only thing you actually save is the time on the gem refreshing when you first mem it. You can't use the rod, then use the actual spell. :[

Back
Top Bottom