Alakazarr, Grand Summoner

That's like 5 minutes of only having 7 spell slots though, on a class that can rock 4 monster summonings and needs to chain multiple rains for maximum DPS.

Adding elemental damage & resists on a manis drop really sounds good, this change would make it really valueable. Glad you didn't propose +mana +FT and found an alternative way to try to make this appealing !

Even kicking its mana to 250 I wouldn't see being out of the question considering most 1hers you can aquire by the time you hit tier 6 will add up over 250 raw mana between pri/sec. Or prehaps Add Flowing thought instead of more Raw Mana.

I had to quote it before someone else did LOL

My gut reaction was to put some mana or ft. But after others discussion and looking at other pri/sec and the 2hers I see Alakazarr mana + Int as decent for its tier. Certainly not top of the line but not total crap ether.

Definitely would love to see the resists and elemental dmg added. (now only if a item Dev takes interst hehe)

Last edited:
It's also worth mentioning that this item is desperately rare and can probably use some stats along those lines to preserve its longevity.

I was in fact using this thing on my mage for pretty long because of the focus and I still carry it with me for the clicky.

Another thing you could compare it to is Lighthouse from Rust (according to the encounter that drops it shouldn't be too many tiers above Manis, but my memory is pretty bad)

Lighthouse

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 44
DMG: 46 AC: 18
Effect: Color Shift (Must Wear Clicky)
STA: +20 CHA: +20 WIS: +35 INT: +35 AGI: +20 HP: +265 MANA: +305
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
Weight: 10.0 Size: Large
Class: CLE DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: ALL

I agree that it looks weak compared to the other mentioned 2-handers, mostly because of their massive resists, but they come nowhere close in charisma or (except Lighthouse) hitpoints.
Adding fire damage to it wouldn't make it much less situational though, would it? The mages actively raiding Manis most likely don't have their fire archaic yet, and let's face it, are more likely using magic damage unless if the mobs are immune to it, so if elemental damage would ever be added, wouldn't you rather choose magic?

That's like 5 minutes of only having 7 spell slots though, on a class that can rock 4 monster summonings and needs to chain multiple rains for maximum DPS.

Or 30 seconds to /q out and reenter the game to refresh the gem on the rare occasion you need the spell, which is usually during downtime anyway.

Oddly CotH doesn't have an out of combat requirement... I'm not sure if thats intended, but it allows for much hilarity to ensure.

I agree that it looks weak compared to the other mentioned 2-handers, mostly because of their massive resists, but they come nowhere close in charisma or (except Lighthouse) hitpoints.
Adding fire damage to it wouldn't make it much less situational though, would it? The mages actively raiding Manis most likely don't have their fire archaic yet, and let's face it, are more likely using magic damage unless if the mobs are immune to it, so if elemental damage would ever be added, wouldn't you rather choose magic?

I would agree that Alakazarr has a impressive Cha, but compareing it to the 2 other 2hers here we have to remember the tier difference. A item from 2+ tiers higher should have higher stats. Were as currently its at best on par with those 2 items. Lighthouse I dont know about as I dont know what it comes off.

I honestly never seen a mage useing Alakazarr, and if one is it would very quickly be replaced as they kept raiding.

I do see your point about the Elemental Damage. Magic would be more useful at this stage for mages over the Fire.

prehaps then.......

Alakazarr, Grand Summoner
MAGIC ITEM - LORE ITEM - NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2HB Atk Delay: 50
DMG: 38
Magic DMG: 20
Skill Mod: Channeling +10%
Effect: Call of the Hero (Condition: Click, 12.0)
Focus Effect: Companion Health VI
AGI: +35 INT: +35 CHA: +50 STA: +35 HP: +145 MANA: +225
SV FIRE: +12 SV DISEASE: +8 SV COLD: +12 SV MAGIC: +15 SV POISON: +8
WT: 6.0 Size: LARGE
Class: MAG
Race: HUM ERU HIE DEF GNM

I would agree that Alakazarr has a impressive Cha, but compareing it to the 2 other 2hers here we have to remember the tier difference. A item from 2+ tiers higher should have higher stats. Were as currently its at best on par with those 2 items. Lighthouse I dont know about as I dont know what it comes off.

Lighthouse is off astatine iirc

It's also worth mentioning that this item is desperately rare and can probably use some stats along those lines to preserve its longevity.

Desperately rare? We've only not seen it once on our 5 or 6 mani kills, and got two on one of our kills.

All but two of those rotted :/

Lighthouse is off astatine iirc

Really... Killed him half dozen times never seen it. Must be decently rare to, I would put Astatine in same tier as Mantis. Again Alakazarr seems totaly lacking in its resist vs similar items.

As to Alakazarr rareity, first time I have seen it drop and I know many equal and higher tier Mages do not have Alakazarr *shrug* so you might have just gotten lucky (or unlucky)

Curious if this is even in the realm of possibilitys, didn't get any Yay or Nah :)

Of course it doesn't have to be exzactly like what I preposed *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom