6-man Dungeons

Undercaverns isn't too big, what the hell are you talking about lol ?

Did you ever look at the emberflow map ?

It's AT LEAST twice bigger.

While emberflow might be longer from point A to point B it feels different because its all connected by small tight passage ways from one point to another. Caverns is different since its a larger area that connects to another large area which then connects to another large area ect ect. Im pretty sure thats what he ment by it, i could be wrong.

If I had to choose between a mid tier 65+ 6 man dungeon or 2 sub 60 6 man dungeons/zones I would choose the 65 one. In the end a lot of people made good points for both sides but for the most part twink alts are just side projects and distractions, I'd rather have content for my main.

While emberflow might be longer from point A to point B it feels different because its all connected by small tight passage ways from one point to another. Caverns is different since its a larger area that connects to another large area which then connects to another large area ect ect. Im pretty sure thats what he ment by it, i could be wrong.

Correct :)

I suppose you could break Undercarvens up ala Cmal style and produce a pretty intersting 6-man zone.

The Zone definitely needs some love...

Well to be fair Adepts are a higher calibur, especialy as you get going requireing 2 groups. Its a lot easyer to grab 6 toons, then 12.

Heartland Undercaverns is to big of a zone to use for a 6 man Content. I argee the zone needs a rework, as other then MQ thiers not much reason to go thier and its well off the beaten path.

Yeah no, most adepts are doable by 6 characters or less. A lower level emberflow-style dungeon would most likely be more difficult than similar level adepts, were it ever to exist.

Not really. Abyss is god damn huge and full of open spaces, emberflow is big too. Hmal isn't as huge but its also only one corner of the zone that's 6man. IF this ever happens and IF it happens to Undercaverns though, I could see there being plenty of room for a regular xp area as well as a 6man wing.

IF this ever happens and IF it happens to Undercaverns though, I could see there being plenty of room for a regular xp area as well as a 6man wing.

considering the entire section of tunnels at the back of the zone have been completely empty since release years ago, I am going to have to agree.

Alot of people get a substantial amount of lag in undercaverns. That has not helped the popularity of the zone any. It will be the touch of fucking death for a 6man zone.

Drops seem far more rare on the type of system you see in the place than in regular ph zones as well, which has also not helped the popularity. Robot oil is about the only thing of value. It's been a long time so I can't comment on the xp.

Aisling is dead on.

Undercaverns is the zone that you HAVE to go to for MQ and VAH and thats about it. It should probably stay this way.

Aisling is dead on.

Undercaverns is the zone that you HAVE to go to for MQ and VAH and thats about it. It should probably stay this way.

you only lag in one section of the zone (the big waterfall thing). The layout also caters extremely well to a 6 man. It's not like you go there anyway and it's not like you'd go there if it was sub 65 so why would you care if it got changed.

I mean I can see why you'd obviously hate lag but it's not like the entire zone is some horrendous lagfest, and I'd rather undercaverns get turned into a low low end 65 6 man than have an entire zone dedicated to it that could be used for something else.

It's more than just there (though that is where the brunt of it is), and increases to completely unplayable the more people you get in the zone. Last time there were two groups worth in there (a blue moon occurrence in and of itself), it was positively awful, even down by Mr. Blasttastic (as I like to call it, because I do not remember it's name, but you know which one).

I think a zone should be added in the 40-50 lvl range, because when I was in that level range, i remember it being bots or finding something to kite, or do tradeskills. There really isnt much to do in this level range, so I think that would be nice to have a couple more options there. Also the problem with making lower level 6-man zones is that the only thing that your exp is going to is to leveling up, because you dont have AA's or tomes to do. This is what makes makin lower level 6-man zones not worth it because you get to that level, do that zone, get past the level limit, then cant do it, which really sucks if you hit that level limit right before a boss fight, and that person is your tank or healer. At 65, you have AAs and tomes, which you wont get penalized in zones for having, and you can stay in the zone for as long as you want.

Thats my 2 cents.

40-50 is the easiest bracket in the game to get xp. get a robot group, do 9 levels in 3 hours, move on.

I think a zone should be added in the 40-50 lvl range, because when I was in that level range, i remember it being bots or finding something to kite, or do tradeskills. There really isnt much to do in this level range, so I think that would be nice to have a couple more options there. Also the problem with making lower level 6-man zones is that the only thing that your exp is going to is to leveling up, because you dont have AA's or tomes to do. This is what makes makin lower level 6-man zones not worth it because you get to that level, do that zone, get past the level limit, then cant do it, which really sucks if you hit that level limit right before a boss fight, and that person is your tank or healer. At 65, you have AAs and tomes, which you wont get penalized in zones for having, and you can stay in the zone for as long as you want.

Thats my 2 cents.

the goblins in lake starfall are where i usually level from 40-50 on my alts if no robots to be had.

TBH if there isnt a robot group running, it should take you all of 20 minutes to get one going just by saying it in OOC. Everyone knows its stupid insane XP with little to no risk, i mean, a half naked bard can pull and tank the place easily

Pretty much, don't even actually need a healer for robots. You can deal with twink rangers or a mage bandageparty, and its still fast.

Back
Top Bottom