6-man Dungeons

CrackerJ

Dalayan Adventurer
Haven't been on SoD in quite some time. I was wondering what new 6-man dungeons were out there? Back when I played there was just the snake one, catacombs, and the uber-high emberflow.

Trying to decide whether to come back with a friend and dual box our way to glory. But I was hoping for more small party options since he can't keep a raid schedule.

Is there a solid progression path through these dungeons, or are there still big gaps where you need to get raid gear before going on to the next one.

Thanks!

There is now The Abyss in Ikisith, but that's even higher end than Emberflow. And there is Haegra Malath, but that is also similar to Emberflow in terms of gear required.

You could do probably half or a little more of CMal (the snake one) without raid gear, and 3 of the 4 bosses in Cata possibly. With purchased gear you could be similar to probably a Tier 3 raider, but there really isn't anything to progress to beyond that without raiding.

So Ikisith has buyables at about tier 3 level that I could grind plat for? Unfortunately, that still sounds like I wont have enough gear to do the next step up dungeons like malath and emberflow without raiding.

Do they have any future plans to make a small group raid progression for the people that can't raid much?

Oh and is there a new newbie zone I could start my friend in? The old school graphics of Halas/ect might scare him off =P

WTB Lower End 6-Man Content

Always thought something around 40s and 50s would be nice.

Thiers some nice LDON maps that havn't been used that would make cool little mini-zones.

Seems ridiculous to add zones for level 40-50's.... if anything 50-60 for those doing traek and whatnot, but i really think that people need a 6 man zone in and around the teir 4-6 area. (Other than low end Cmal which is easier, and higher end Cmal which is harder)

Seems ridiculous to add zones for level 40-50's.... if anything 50-60 for those doing traek and whatnot, but i really think that people need a 6 man zone in and around the teir 4-6 area. (Other than low end Cmal which is easier, and higher end Cmal which is harder)

Im going to have to disagree. I think 6man dungeons for like 30 - 35, 40 - 45, and 50 - 55 would be pretty neat to have. At least in those level ranges you wouldn't be so class dependent like you see in 65+ 6man zones. The zones could be very challenging and offer decent rewards for groups who take their time and are coordinated to make it to the end. It wouldnt be just mass pull blue mobs and kill them down while you wait for respawn like most 1 - 60 exp zones. You also wouldnt be able to have a level 65 buff/heal bot sitting with you to make sure you survive every pull.

It would make sense to make the zones similar to Adept encounters as well. IE no relic buffs on the lvl 50-55s. However rampant twinking could still make some of these zones a lot less challenging than intended. But I would definitely consider playing my new Bard more seriously to experience some of the zones.

I dont think you can do anything to stop twinking in all honesty. The only way to do that is either make everything no drop which nobody wants or instead of "recommended" level on gear, make it "required" level to use. I dont think that is a good idea either. But anyways.. Adept encounters was what i was thinking of when i typed that up trying to describe it, i just couldnt think of the word!

It would make sense to make the zones similar to Adept encounters as well. IE no relic buffs on the lvl 50-55s. However rampant twinking could still make some of these zones a lot less challenging than intended. But I would definitely consider playing my new Bard more seriously to experience some of the zones.

Which is pretty much the same thing of having a 6-man encounter zone for T4-6. You WILL see high end toons gearing their alts in there.

Honestly the concept of having 6-man content for lower than 65 puzzles me. At least 50 % of the active population have their main at level 65.

As far as Tier3-6 whatever 6-man content, the idea is interesting.

Yeah because the only people that matter are the 65+++

Thiers plenty of high end content, espescialy as more and more of Ikisith is released.
*yeah thiers a few tiers with issues but thats another topic*

I like the idea of these level ranges 30 - 35, 40 - 45, and 50 - 55 For new 6 Man Content.

Im going to have to disagree. I think 6man dungeons for like 30 - 35, 40 - 45, and 50 - 55 would be pretty neat to have. At least in those level ranges you wouldn't be so class dependent like you see in 65+ 6man zones. The zones could be very challenging and offer decent rewards for groups who take their time and are coordinated to make it to the end. It wouldnt be just mass pull blue mobs and kill them down while you wait for respawn like most 1 - 60 exp zones. You also wouldnt be able to have a level 65 buff/heal bot sitting with you to make sure you survive every pull.

Heartland Undercarverns would be a good candidate for a revamp like this.

Yeah because the only people that matter are the 65+++

Thiers plenty of high end content, espescialy as more and more of Ikisith is released.
*yeah thiers a few tiers with issues but thats another topic*

I like the idea of these level ranges 30 - 35, 40 - 45, and 50 - 55 For new 6 Man Content.

People have trouble getting adept groups together at any time of the day pushes the fact that having the '' awful lot of devs'' we have working on lower leveled 6-man dungeon would be ridiculous considering the amount of work they still have to crank with balancing issues regarding ikisith, and all the other stuff that's been talked about.

If you honestly think these zones will be populated enough to justify them being created, I think you should put the head out of your ass.

The core of the server lies around level 65 and specifically progression content at this level.

The day I see 10 people wearing platinum status at level 27 asking for a dungeon, I might change my perception that most people want more 65 content.

Heartland Undercarverns would be a good candidate for a revamp like this.

Undercavern has a lot of potential for a revamp, that's for sure.

As far as the level ranges go, i would make them a little bit wider. I can foresee people having to exp lock because of this crap. Not having exp is NOT fun.

From a new comers perspective I can tell you what appeals to me =P

I have friends that would love this game, but when I try to get them to play they get turned off by the graphics. So I'm happy to see we have at least one starting zone in a new area. Having a generalized any class/race 1-30 zone using a newer set of EQ zones would probably keep my friends playing. It would be an area where you could show off the neat things you do in upper tier zones. Also a good place to teach the EQ noob how to play and give them quests for a basic set of gear when they leave.

I also think T3-T6 6-mans would be more used than lower level 6-mans. Would be nice to have a solid path from T1 6-man to Ikisith level 6-mans. Then again, this is from my perspective, where my group of friends can't hold a raid schedule but still want to do something raid like.

The last thing I always felt was lacking in EQ was a buyable mercenary/pet that could do basic healing for all those melee classes that want to solo. My friends want to play rogues and warriors but they are still new and don't want to hassle with boxing. Would also make Adept's more of a possibility at lower levels with less people (since I could rarely gather enough to kill one as I was leveling up). This is probably too much code to implement though.

the problem I see with designing content for sub 65 is that you simply don't get as much bang for your buck.

You could spend your time dev'ing a zone for 65's that will be used forever on SoD and never expire or you could put the same amount of time working on a zone that will only get used 1/8th as much.

Would it be cool? ya of course.

Would it really be better than designing more content for your core playerbase? no probably not.

People have trouble getting adept groups together at any time of the day pushes the fact that having the '' awful lot of devs'' we have working on lower leveled 6-man dungeon would be ridiculous considering the amount of work they still have to crank with balancing issues regarding ikisith, and all the other stuff that's been talked about.

Well to be fair Adepts are a higher calibur, especialy as you get going requireing 2 groups. Its a lot easyer to grab 6 toons, then 12.

I argee "bang for buck" Lower end 6 man zones are not going to be worth the same for the server as higher end stuff (both in use and Dev work).
Doesn't mean they wouldn't be fun, or ghost towns.

While mentioning Cmal and Ember lets not forget Cata.

Heartland Undercaverns is to big of a zone to use for a 6 man Content. I argee the zone needs a rework, as other then MQ thiers not much reason to go thier and its well off the beaten path.

You do bring up a good point, lower 6 man content would probley have to have a wider spectrum of levels. Due to how fast people can level in those ranges. 40-50? Might be a good starting point to try a lower end 6 man zone. (front of zone ment for low 40s back for upper 40, low 50.)

PS - Dont' be a dick I defended your Sig picture LOL

Undercaverns isn't too big, what the hell are you talking about lol ?

Did you ever look at the emberflow map ?

It's AT LEAST twice bigger.

Back
Top Bottom