3rd Enchanter tome

Zafirbel

Dalayan Adventurer
Maybe bad idea like my ideas always are but anyway.

Tome gives a slight chance to make mob NOT being able to attack for a 2 secs or so after charm and/or mez fades. It's more like extended charm/mez for that few secs. Every rank 1-4 adds small % chance to make this happen
This would make enchanters life a bit easier when ppl fails with targets and enc might even sometimes survive that.

I have no idea if this is even possible in anyway to do but maybe someone tells it.

There is already charm daze for things that just come out of charm. So this seems kinda redundant.

There is already charm daze for things that just come out of charm. So this seems kinda redundant.
this. also i could go look in the million billion threads about class tomes and repost all of my ideas again

Tome of the Clone

The enchanter activates an exhaustive stance while targeting another caster. The enchanter copies their targets spell bar, and can use those spells until their stance fades.

Probably not possible to code, but it would be fun. Doesnt seem OP since they would be weaker than the class they copy (less heal crits/no cleric archaic/no wizard ult blasts/no mage/necro pet), but it would be super cool if the cleric died and the enchanter was like I GOT IT GUYS *clones another cleric and heals group*. Could also be used to suppliment super healing intensive phases, or super burn phases, or let them FD/DA for agro wipe, lots of neat potential uses.

Additional ranks would make it last longer.

Probably not possible to code, but it would be fun. Doesnt seem OP since they would be weaker than the class they copy (less heal crits/no cleric archaic/no wizard ult blasts/no mage/necro pet), but it would be super cool if the cleric died and the enchanter was like I GOT IT GUYS *clones another cleric and heals group*. Could also be used to suppliment super healing intensive phases, or super burn phases, or let them FD/DA for agro wipe, lots of neat potential uses.

On the one hand Enchanters are already pretty radical but on the other Enchanters can mimic melee dps and caster dps so why not heals? I think the former beats the later because building up classes, even classes that could use it, takes a lot more effort than getting classes nerfed here.

Here's a few ideas I've kicked around here:

Rune Channeling:
Gives the enchanter a stance with moderate stamina drain. While the stance is active, improves the runes cast by the enchanter. Options on this include chance for increased absorbance. Absorption of spell damage. Flat AC provided on top of the regular rune buff. Faster casting of runes, etc.

Frenzied Animation:

Dramatically increases the animation pet's hp, atk, ac, and attack speed as long as it has somatic bond up on it. Could give an additional SB target and provide a little more flavor to the pets which rapidly diminish in power once you start raiding. Ranks could potentially offer more stats or cool proc options. All ranks also increase the base defensive stats of the animation w/o SB casts.

Simulacrum:
Gives the enchanter an exhaustive stance which upon activating shadowsteps him away and drops all agro. A clone of the enchanter spawns in his place which can fight alongside him for the duration of the stance. Each rank could provide successively more hps, spell abilities, or lower stamina reduction.

I feel like all of these fit with the spirit of the class without being redundant with existing spells, tomes, or focus effects. They could be a lot of fun, provided they were balanced appropriately.

I know little of the enchanter as a class but here is my 2 cp
A tome adding to the benefits of SB/AoD would be cool, not to buff the enchanters side but instead to buff the targets of the spells something like rude mana cost of their spells by .5/1/1.5/2% per rank and SB could allow the attacks of the person receiving SB to life leech at .5/1/1.5/2% per rank Obviously numbers would be need looking at for actual implementation but figured it was worth mentioning idk if its been mentioned before I know they have a tome that buffs themselves when they do SB so i dont think its that far fetched of an idea to buff other people with a different tome?

here is my really bad idea for an enchanter tome based off of an existing one also this one is disgusting good and enchanters dont need anything to make them better

tears of shadowknights who wish they had this tome:
Innate chance to proc 25/50/75/100 mana back to your group when you melee monsters

here is my really bad idea for an enchanter tome based off of an existing one also this one is disgusting good and enchanters dont need anything to make them better
tears of shadowknights who wish they had this tome:
Innate chance to proc 25/50/75/100 mana back to your group when you melee monsters

Rofl, you're trolling hard Tev.

Frenzied Animation:
Dramatically increases the animation pet's hp, atk, ac, and attack speed as long as it has somatic bond up on it. Could give an additional SB target and provide a little more flavor to the pets which rapidly diminish in power once you start raiding. Ranks could potentially offer more stats or cool proc options. All ranks also increase the base defensive stats of the animation w/o SB casts.

No. Make SB transfer to pet as long as SB is active on another PC. Provided it is a summoned pet, not a murkling in Abyss type pet. So a pet recourse type thing, if summoned pet, then if enchanter casts on PC, then pet gets it as well.

No. Make SB transfer to pet as long as SB is active on another PC. Provided it is a summoned pet, not a murkling in Abyss type pet. So a pet recourse type thing, if summoned pet, then if enchanter casts on PC, then pet gets it as well.
I like the idea of getting the buff for free on your pet when you cast on someone else but without some sort of improvement to the pet itself, it is still kinda going to be meh. I'm worried that without survivability built in, the pet would eat it in 1 or 2 shots (riposte, ramp, enrage all can be instagibs on hard mobs), and even assuming it lives, the dps isn't much to begin with.

Still, a potentially neat idea for the shared target bit. What would you do with additional ranks?

Cascading bond should be changed as I just can't think of any uses for it outside of being lazy. How about it simply increases the % damage you get from melee classes. Like it's at 35-40% or whatever now, make it go up by 2% or some amount per rank.

As for a third tome idea well pretty much anything is better than nothing :p Maybe add a tome that adds heal crits to group members just like there is extra crit chance from spells and melee accuracy with shared mind already.

Cascading bond should be changed as I just can't think of any uses for it outside of being lazy. How about it simply increases the % damage you get from melee classes. Like it's at 35-40% or whatever now, make it go up by 2% or some amount per rank.

As for a third tome idea well pretty much anything is better than nothing :p Maybe add a tome that adds heal crits to group members just like there is extra crit chance from spells and melee accuracy with shared mind already.
are you joking about cascading bond. its the most mana effecient DPS achievable when duoing, and enchanters get some pretty cool utility procs. also its really fun and spoiler alert there is a reason not a lot of people play enchanter, it can get real boring. the pet getting somatic bond thing just sounds awful because atk doesnt work on pets afaik. me and grinkles had a bunch of ideas brainstormed in other threads, maybe someone will go find and post them here

When I box with my pal is the only time I somatic bond on my own enc. The DPS is pretty meh. Perhaps if I had 10% CS and a 2.5 ratio weapon it would be better.

edit------
as it is I have 6% CS and a 1.5 ratio weapon. AFAIK that weapon has the highest ratio out of any you can get under T10 or 11 content.

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Irandos,_Wand_of_Secrets
Pretty easy mob
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Confine_of_the_Rushing_Stream
50% haste and 5% crit
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Rod_of_the_Aquamantic
neat thing to proc group heals
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Flarebolt
works with true giant
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Rod_of_Chancellery
also a solid dps thing w/ ratio and proc and +5 crit strike.
all tier 9 or below
True giant is the only DPS scaling enchanter get outside of group/raid other than the frog dot and relic nuke. Grinkles made a pretty sick 2hand staff from bounty items, it parsed pretty well from what i saw. Outside of that tome enchanters can nuke the mob, which is like 2500 damage on my enchanter guy with cunning on, not very good for a 5 sec cast nuke. You also get the benefit of auxing while duoing, you can proc a lifetap, and you can DPS without knocking the mob around w/ relic nuke. True giant is just a cool thing for exp groups or duoing mobs. Enchanters dont really need a third class tome, the class is already pretty strong. Except maybe one that deletes the golems in thaz water wing, 1 golem deleted per rank.

When I box with my pal is the only time I somatic bond on my own enc. The DPS is pretty meh. Perhaps if I had 10% CS and a 2.5 ratio weapon it would be better.

Tevinter raises a valid point you might want to look into that would allow you to bypass the worry over getting just the right high-tier weapon:

Grinkles made a pretty sick 2hand staff from bounty items, it parsed pretty well from what i saw.

Here is one of my several staves from Thurgadin bounties:

WhiteWyvernStaff_zps57d4a312.jpg

The big ice nuke (Frost Shock) hits for about 250-275 on an average mob and procs at a rate of 48.7% on a two-hander. That means that almost half of all your hits as a meleeing Enchanter are going to be "buffed" with 250+ extra damage each round. The secondary proc (Cryo Shock) hits for about 90-100 on an average mob and procs at a rate of 10.8% on a two-hander. This means that about one out of every ten hits is going to be augmented with an extra ~100 damage on top of whatever your melee hits with. Both procs can land on the same swing. These also work very well with the Gnome's innate proc bonus (which is multiplicative and not additive), and both are of course subject to improved rates if you happen to nab the proc tome from Emberflow Caverns. Ignoring procs, the raw melee damage dealt by this weapon with Cascading Bond IV tends to average around 300-500 per hit, but it can span anywhere from 100 to 1500+ depending on luck and crits. Note that you can also improve your melee performance either by stacking Boon of the Garou on yourself between Somatic Bond castings, or by utilizing the oft-forgotten Illusion: Werewolf, which grants lesser benefits but offers a long-lasting, stable illusion that will still improve your damage output. :)

There are tons of options with the double-proc staves found in Thurgadin, though some have drawbacks you may not immediately think of (i.e. the DoT procs). Still, there is a lot of room for customization. It can feel great to finish one and know you've made a one-of-a-kind weapon tailored to your own interests, so I definitely recommend giving it some thought!

Speaking more broadly, I'll be the first to admit that Cascading Bond offers very, very little in the way of utility in high-stakes situations, but it has been a breath of fresh air for me. It means that 2boxing with a knight, a healer, or one of several other classes is now suddenly much more viable, and it also gives us an even better reason to get some use out of the Ancient pet, who can both aux and provide up to 25% melee avoidance to the Enchanter as long as the pet is nearby while we whack away with our stick, wand, sword, dagger, etc. Don't write it off so easily just because it comes off as a "toy" tome line! ;)

Its even a useful tome in some 6 man settings, its lets you provide extra DPS inbetween your cast if your group doesnt have a large number of good SB/AoD/boon targets, for example, if you had a cleric shaman and bard in the same group. Grinkles is correct that it doesnt have a ton of utility in high stakes situations, but enchanters already have quite a few tools for those kind of jobs. The later ranks of the tome provide quite a decent boost to the melee DPS as well, but not many people can access those. Thats a problem with all class tomes though.

Anyways, one of my personal favorite ideas was a tome that would restore 125/250/375/500 mana to the enchanters group whenever they hit gather mana. Or a tome that allows targets with placid focus on them to regenerate extra mana per tic, maybe a percentage of their mana pool?

I pretty much have everything you guys have already mentioned, use werewolf illusion, etc. Since we all know the same information then it seems to come down to I just don't think it's particularly useful while you guys do. I guess it's good that at least some people like it though.

edit-----
oh, it is 1.75 not 1.5. Meh whatever, it still sucks IMO.

Back
Top Bottom