2015 Account Drive Bonus Exp

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
So we're nearing the end of the donation portion of the account drive. As usual, the community continues to amaze us with their generosity and desire to help get our name out there.

The donation drive ends on Tuesday, May 26th. After that, we will begin the usual bonus experience period while we make use of some of the donation money to put ads out there. As of right now, the plan will be a 50% bonus experience for two weeks, in addition to special bonuses and events.

A few things with this:

- I think we can do even better! If we can increase the donation total 10% over what TODAY'S TOTAL is, we will extend the bonus by 1 week, bringing it to a total of 3 weeks! Make sure to visit the donation page on shardsofdalaya.com and put in a "donation drive special."

- Speaking of that, we will be carrying out two lotteries based on folks who have donated during this drive. One will be a 1-ticket-per-dollar-donated lottery, the other will be 1-ticket-per-donator lottery. I am checking to see if we can include our regular donators in that second class of folks, in which case each regular donation would count as well. This will work the same way it has in years past - I will announce the day of the lottery coming up shortly here.

- Blessings will still occur, and will DOUBLE the bonus exp. I'm going to make a couple minor tweaks to the script so that people don't just bitch about it (yes, I'm still mad). But hey, if no one wants multiple levels of exp and fame, so be it. Besides, who wants a 100% exp bonus...

We will be running Crates, Dice, wars and (hopefully) the new Hot Potato event if I can finish it in time! There will be chances for fame and fortune, the lottery is always amusing, and we still have double the normal world drop rate running right now. So invite your friends to come play! Submit ads on the forums to win some fame! Money is not the only way we can help build this server, any little bit you can help to get our name out there is greatly appreciated!

-t

Complaining about an optional, but epic, super bonus mob?

iQCD9Pw.png

Question: When you say 10% of today's total... I presume you mean 10% of the total amount of donations (in dollars) donated from the start of the drive until today, Is that correct? Also, any chance you can give us an idea of what we have to meet? That could be a huge amount of cash... At least I would hope so. I'd like to think these account drives aren't fruitless.

In any case, I added some to my donation. Hopefully that isn't part of "today's total" lol

Last edited:
Can you please please please announce dice a few days ahead of time. It's my favorite event we do and I don't want to miss it!

Nah I'm gonna keep the numbers secret Swiftur, sorry. :) All I can say is they were good this year, we love you guys. And yes, that's how I'm looking at "10%".

Yes, I will announce Dice a few days before, I have to check Karit's schedule. It will probably appear on Facebook first, so make sure to follow us there!

So we're nearing the end of the donation portion of the account drive. As usual, the community continues to amaze us with their generosity and desire to help get our name out there.

We will be running Crates, Dice, wars and (hopefully) the new Hot Potato event if I can finish it in time!
-t

You know getting 2.5 out would do more for the server population than the entire account drive. How is the Linux migration going? it's 7:36am est, what is the ETA?

You know getting 2.5 out would do more for the server population than the entire account drive. How is the Linux migration going? it's 7:36am est, what is the ETA?

We might have brought in outside help with some of the cash to spur this on. We do need to find more places to advertise also, though.

is it too late to donate to get my name in the lotto for fame and whatnot ? maybe i'd get lucky and the other lotto have that charm like last year?? ?? ;):D:eek::eek:

The donation drive is now finished. However, we are running 2 lotteries - one for the donation special (1 entry for every dollar donated) and another that is 1 entry per donation. The great part about the latter is it includes regular donators! So if you have a regular donation account, you will be entered. Cutoff to get in on that is 10 Pacific time Saturday 5/30. I am about to make a post on all this.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out on it because the donation lottery is what i was referring to. And I hope the post will also say when the 50% bonus exp will start, i last saw it at 10%..(I wanted the 147% or w/e we got one year lol- was THE way to work on them COP's ;))

Back
Top Bottom