2.5 Status - 11/2

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
Been a little bit since I have done one of these!

I have good news - a few pretty significant bugs have been fixed post-Halloween, and I think we have a pretty good lead on getting AAs finished up here in the very near future. Here's what transpired last week:

- Fixed an issue with CSI items not doing anything
- Teleport pads (like the ones in Erudin and Athicab should work now)
- Gates (necks and spells) should actually do things now, and put you in the right spot :)
- HOTs and bard stat buffs should take effect now (there was a problem with any beneficial spell in the bard box - those should be better now)
- AAs should actually be trainable (yay Exodus!) and even stay across zones. HOWEVER, names are still incorrect in many cases - this is a data management problem that represents the bulk of the remaining fix needed for AAs. Also, cooldowns work while you stay in zone, but once you zone, you'll notice you have access to all those AAs again! That's a known issue, working on that as well.
- Food clickies seem to work (I don't know why they weren't, but they are now)

Big issues still needing work:

- Finish up AAs
- Get skills fixed - man I hate them
- Mobs on uneven terrain still float and warp - I know why this is, just need time to straighten it out
- Agro radii might be way out of whack, I'm not sure why this is but it's on my list

The server is NOT up right now, just because I want to get AAs handled first and I don't need a new flood of "AAs are broken" bug reports :). I'll announce when we bring it back up, and I'd love for folks to spend some quality testing time at that point so we can see how close we are. It *feels* close, but I've thought that before. In the words of Johnny 5, need more input.

Stay tuned for more info.

2.5 beta is back up at present - we'd particularly like feedback on mob pathing. We know AAs and skills are still messed up - don't worry about bug reporting those, we have plenty in the queue in that regard. :)

What should the pathing be like now? Are there any changes? Or is it if anything is different than what were used to in current SoD live should it be reported?

The actual pathing has not changed, what has changed is the maps and the way we calculate Z coordinates. This should make things a little more sane. Pathing should not, therefore, be substantially different than live. If you notice something really out of whack like warping, definitely report that.

Well, I pulled mobs under Kelethin when I took the lift, and they were still able to hit me from the ground while I was up in the city. So I guess the z-axis is still really big?

Back
Top Bottom