2.5 FAQ

Testing XP update:
Clicking on patch and run,but new version gives a "not for this OS" error.
Clicking on patch and run + checking repatch + ignoring "unexpected exception" error results in what looks like a freeze,patcher says "comparing files",but nothing seems to happen after a several minutes wait.
Clicking on "Install DirectX9" - Why would I do that,all other games I play (rarely) run fine with my current DirectX 9.0c install.

Maybe put patch files somewhere we can download them manually instead of using the patcher would be easier if that is possible?

I included DX9 because a lot of ppl, particularly Win 10 ppl, had problems finding the right runtime.

As for the unhandled exception, please post the specifics here. It may not mean much to users, but means a ton to us. :)

As for patching, yes, there is a "hang" if you try to get the latest. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE XP! It will patch to a version that won't work. The "hang" is it grabbing a 100MB patcher with DX included. I'm trying to bake that out now, and if this works ok for XP users, I will make it mainstream for all people.

Hope this all makes sense, I know it's a bit of a mess. Thanks for your patience folks.

Also, for the DX thing, I'd love to do autodetection of it, we'll see if I can work that in before release.

Alright so I did the 2.5 patcher thing. I did all the copying the folder to a new folder thing. Ran the 2.5 patcher and it worked great - got it to server select where I was told it was locked. And that was the only server available. So I still wanted to play SoD so i did the 2.0 patcher, but it won't let me into where you type your username and pw... i consistently get this error: "Everquest: Windows - Application Error. The instruction at 0x000000000331DCCE referenced memory at 0x00000000FFFFFFFC. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program."

What do i do? How do i play SoD? #helpplease!

-Ishy

Just to make sure Ishy, if you updated to the new patcher, it wont re-populate the Everquest Directory field automatically, just make sure to repoint it using BROWSE.

Also to note, if your 2.5 and 2.0 patcher are in the same folder, when the 2.5 patcher updates it will override your 2.0 patcher. So it's best to keep them in separate folders.

Note for moving your character files over: If changing the name of the copied file doesn't work (it worked for one toon but not a second for me - weird) you can just open the 2.0 file, copy all the text, and paste it in the 2.5 file to get your setup in 2.5.

Having a weird problem, Windows 10 new PC been away a while and wanted to see 2.5 and set up etc. Fresh install of EQ (is Titanium still ok?), new 2.5 patcher used, get past server select to loading screen and the progress bar / music / correct picture comes up for about 3 seconds then it just closes suddenly without any error messages. I've tried a bunch and it does the same thing every time. I have tried disabling my anti-virus just in case, no avail.

Well, it 2.5 worked on my laptop so I just copied the files over and that worked. No idea what was actually wrong but it's fixed anyway (y)

Hi Yusuke :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom