Class Help

also, druid hots are not mana efficient to start off with, so the hotting comes in later lvs as some Dolin guy keeps telling me.

All of the druid hots are extremely mana efficient compared to their big heals of the same level, and it's not particularly close. Dunno where you got that idea. If anything, the "problem" was that they healed so well they kept tanks at full health so didn't necessarily tick for maximum healage

ok you do the math at lv 19 then. hot: 200 mana, total heal for 240. regular heal x3, 180 mana. 252 hp......

Our druid is there for DS, DPS, and Ports with the rare heal when I screw up a pull (which never happens ... )

Yes bard pulls are going to help SO much, we are PLing him now and holding off EXPing until he can join our adventuring band.

Yeah, monk is puller, bard is more dps/crowd control/buffage

How does a monk pull better than a bard? Bard has pacify, a ranged DD, and super run speed. Granted the Monk has FD (does SoD have Fading Memories implemented?) but it takes time to split mobs when you can just pacify them and get 1 at a time to begin with.

Later on pacify wont work to get mobs single to begin with and will instead require your monk to drag them around a wall let a few of the mobs run back through the wall and then pull the ones that are remaining not (inside)/(on the other side of) the wall. This is probably only really worthwhile in areas where you are fighting more difficult mobs not worth while on mobs that you can just tank and heal thru all of them.

Also remember that your bard using his DDs may end up with him getting some unwanted attention that the tank later on may not be able to overcome quick enough

Later on pacify wont work to get mobs single to begin with and will instead require your monk to drag them around a wall let a few of the mobs run back through the wall and then pull the ones that are remaining not (inside)/(on the other side of) the wall. This is probably only really worthwhile in areas where you are fighting more difficult mobs not worth while on mobs that you can just tank and heal thru all of them.

Also remember that your bard using his DDs may end up with him getting some unwanted attention that the tank later on may not be able to overcome quick enough

They have an SK tanking, so they should be fine agro wise. I said it earlier and I'll agree with you here: eventually, unless you are fighting really hard mobs or named/raid mobs, you are going to just tank multiples and heal through it (especially with a druid/cleric in group.)

FYI to the new guy: You could always pull with the monk and tag with the bard, though FD is clearly the 'safest' way of pulling. Typically at 65, 2 monks or a 1 monk+1 SK are great pulling teams.

Seems a few people wanted to know character names:

SK: Kindread
Cleric: Kinorin (box)

Beastlord: Bguk
Druid: Vuco (box)

Monk: Unemployed

Bard: Starts w/an S i think .. I will edit later lol

They have an SK tanking, so they should be fine agro wise.
The bard will need to pay attention at higher levels to how much he bellows until they are both geared bards are agro magnets trust me

BTW that monks name made me laugh so hard when i saw it i didnt know who it was but that's really comical wonder if it gets nerfed and how long it will take if it does.

The bard will need to pay attention at higher levels to how much he bellows until they are both geared bards are agro magnets trust me

BTW that monks name made me laugh so hard when i saw it i didnt know who it was but that's really comical wonder if it gets nerfed and how long it will take if it does.
Yes our monk is a commicial kind of guy and is in fact .. unemployed ... I would guess not long after this post he will have it changed LOL

So bards really pull some mean DPS in the late game?

Yes our monk is a commicial kind of guy and is in fact .. unemployed ... I would guess not long after this post he will have it changed LOL

So bards really pull some mean DPS in the late game?

at the very very very high end their dps is good. but for most of raiding not so much. It's just that bard bellows are 5 second stuns, and 5 second stuns generate gigantic shit piles of aggro.

at the very very very high end their dps is good. but for most of raiding not so much. It's just that bard bellows are 5 second stuns, and 5 second stuns generate gigantic shit piles of aggro.
I can echo this you will more than likely be able to rip agro off anyone you want as bard if you really want it and have enough mana to bellow. Sometimes your bard will do it completely unintentional as well as the fact that SK agro is no longer instant instead its agro over time means SKs wont have the same snap agro a bard does.

Sk's have far far better aggro than bards do, it's not even close. Yes, aggro can be over time, but you can just spam terrors for snap aggro when necessary.

ok you do the math at lv 19 then. hot: 200 mana, total heal for 240. regular heal x3, 180 mana. 252 hp......

Total Heal on Sooth raises rapidly to 528 by 43. Compared to the big heal at that point, Greater Healing (150mana/298healing), Sooth surpasses it in efficiency with leveling. At 44 Greater Sooth, and all subsequent HoTs, are significantly more mana efficient. I suppose your original statement that HoTs are not efficient to "start off with" is true, but stops applying really early and efficiency is not necessarily of paramount importance at lower levels. Being able to cast a HoT then cast other things or even melee at that point is probably more valuable. Plus having a good handle on HoTs will serve the druid player better long term.

matters when bare bones skelly crewing adepts. either way yes, eventually hots get better for druids.

Back
Top Bottom