Zhak is gone for good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rambler said:
I disagree. Zodium leaving hasn't affected me at all, nor will Zhak leaving. Both have sent me tells in the past, and both have been guildmates of mine (for however short or long). You should play for yourself, and enjoy the company of everyone, without looking up to a few people, idolizing them. Yes, Forsaken is affected by this change, but most others will still continue to do what they do every day. Forsaken makes up a small percentage of the server anyway.
You're right, no one matters but you.

khador said:
zhak left forsaken a few weeks ago... and its not a matter that we idolize them or anything.. its more that he was a somebody on the server.. not just someone who logs in and sits off to the side.. he farmed a lot. raided a shit load.. active on the forums.. he did shit.. i talked to him a bit but i doubt we were ever good friends.. he was cool to me when i talked to him usually so i had no problem with him.. everytime someone who is actually active that quits or gets banned or whatever goes... the server takes a hit.. because those are generally the people that keep it interesting.

Fair enough.

happyland instilled entitlement in people because it was the only place where you could find out how many people liked/disliked you and unfortunatally that empowers some people to the point of arrogant behavoir

Zhak said:
Peace out SoD, definitely shared some good times with a lot of you -- maybe see yall in 'the next big thing'

Peace out brah, maybe we can meet up some day and go to wendy's to eat some jbcbs together.

Better to die in a blaze of glory then to fade off into the sunset. Goodbye old friend.

P.S. Does this mean my rank of best monk went up by a couple points?

very few people on the server showed enough skill to qualify to be in a league where malssor sits.

Is there anyway to salvage the Class #1 lists from Happyland? Just lock it down and have it so one person can keep track of it. The 70-80 pages of replies was obviously dumb and filled with lots of trash talk and shit posts, but just giving people a way to see who all is #1-5 of their class on the server can give them someone to ask serious question to.

kibeth said:
Is there anyway to salvage the Class #1 lists from Happyland? Just lock it down and have it so one person can keep track of it. The 70-80 pages of replies was obviously dumb and filled with lots of trash talk and shit posts, but just giving people a way to see who all is #1-5 of their class on the server can give them someone to ask serious question to.

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forum/index.php?topic=10956.0

Forums - 1, You - 0

Why is everyone so sorry to see this guy get banned? The three times I've spoken to Zhak were three times I regret responding to his anger-filled attacks against me.

Zhak isn't some cool guy everyone liked. I am very happy to see him removed from this game. The community can only get stronger without this troll.

Lector said:
Zhak isn't some cool guy everyone liked. I am very happy to see him removed from this game. The community can only get stronger without this troll.

wrong. he wasn't a bad guy. he was just a celebrity, thus everyone cared about what he did and were constantly on his nuts, idolizing or hating, either way.

and....

WIZ said:
Happyland was fun for one month, then people started taking it seriously and using it as an excuse to be less and less civil towards staff in every single channel available.

we saw this in the first month and wondered how long it would last. everyone got more and more openly critical (i did at times too), and more disrespect, and more boob-talk and dissing and insensitivity. i totally understand the decision.

Aaubert said:
wrong. he wasn't a bad guy. he was just a celebrity, thus everyone cared about what he did and were constantly on his nuts, idolizing or hating, either way.

and....
lol celebrity.

I didn't ever care what Zhak was doing ingame so long as it wasn't bothering me. To me Zhak isn't any different than the next guy who ran his mouth a lot about how much he owned. As far as I cared, he was just that, some guy in forsaken who ran his mouth a lot. His banning doesn't effect me and it's a shame it had to come to this. However you look at it, it hurts the server because it lost a plat donator. But my view is, he isn't invincible to the rules, had it a long time coming apparently and has only himself to blame.

Botiemaster said:
lol celebrity.

words
Like it or not, Harney was a celebrity, in fact, he was THE celebrity of SoD. Sure his absence won't have any visible effect on the server, but there is a large void which will be left open.

guyvertoo said:
Like it or not, Harney was a celebrity, in fact, he was THE celebrity of SoD. Sure his absence won't have any visible effect on the server, but there is a large void which will be left open.

ce·leb·ri·ty
Pronunciation Key - [suh-leb-ri-tee]
noun, plural -ties for 1.
1. a famous or well-known person.
2. fame; renown.

Yes. He was a celebrity. He was well known for thinking that he could get away with openly mocking staffers and showing contempt for the rules. The world of Dalaya got to see his name broadcasted multiple times for bannings and jailings. Not to mention the times he'd spam IRC with his drunken tom-foolery, and get kicked or banned from there.

I never had a problem with Zhak personally. I never got a chance to really know him. That being said, Tapein and Gtoo are right about one thing... like it or not (like Zhak or not), there will be a large void that will not be filled with him gone.

Do I think I got banned for a legit reason? Sure, I was disrespectful to staffers on multiple occassions, I don't think I was above the law, I showed complete disregard for the rules. It's been mentioned multiple times that I felt like I was invincable, which is false and untrue, I haven't made a single gripe about being banned, I understand the reasoning behind it.

Do I think I could get unbanned with a thorough conversation with Wiz? More than likely, I really don't feel like a ban in this case was neccessary, a two week suspension would've had the same effect on me, and kept around a person who is extremely dedicated ( both monitarily and non-monitarily, I've been around this server more than anyone who is remotely active, save Liam and Wiz, and I'd gander that I've donated more than any one person to SoD monitarily ) to this server.

Is SoD going to be better off without me? Most people probably think so, I wish SoD ( it needs it ) and DT the best of luck.

Zhak was a teen age boy who poured his life into this game and his "identity" and "ablilites" and of course uncountable hours into a video game. Who will miss who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom