Wizard Starfall

robopirateninja

Staff Emeritus
It seems to be that the rewards for the Wizard Starfall quests are kind of wonky.

The helm seems to be pretty crappy, considering that at least one of the mobs you have to kill to get it (A Froglok Magician) is a dark blue con to me at level 31, and the item it drops seems to be pretty damn rare. (When I began to camp the room where magicians spawn, someone let me know that he'd been there for two consecutive days waiting for the drop.) In addition, another piece for the circlet has to be nabbed from fearstone, which was a huge hassle, even at 31. (Note: this was before the recent adjustments to Fearstone on 3/29, I dunno how bad it is now.)

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: HEAD
AC: 2
Effect: Force Shield (Must Wear Clicky, 5.0)
CHA: +4 INT: +4 HP: +25
SV FIRE: +3 SV DISEASE: +3 SV COLD: +3 SV MAGIC: +3 SV POISON: +3
WT: 0.1 Size: SMALL
Class: WIZ
Race: ALL

The effect is a 100 dmg rune.

As it stands now, I can't find anybody who wants to camp a room in mielech at 30, and I can't solo it because there's four magician spawns in the tiny room, and after looking the item up in the wiki it doesn't seem like the quest is worth the effort.

Changes I'd like to see:

Either change the location of the drops for the circlet to make it more attainable at a level where it would be useful, or up the stats so that it could be useful later.

Change the drop of either the shield rune or the force rune, having pieces for both items drop from the same mob seems lazy, and having it drop elsewhere could increase exploration. I sure as hell never would have gone to Fearstone if I didn't need the piece for this quest.

I spent between 4 and 6 hours in mielech camping the magicians to get my runes, others got them in less than an hour.

Last time I was there I cleared the magician room just for fun and both runes dropped in one clearing.

It all depends on luck. Sometimes you go through 100 mobs to get a drop and sometimes the first one drops it.

Putting in 5 to 10 hours for a starfall quest seems perfectly reasonable to me. I think I spent a total of 10 hours on both of them, without using the wiki. Over an hour of that was running around fearstone until someone told me where the item drops, then it took all of 10 minutes.

These items, imo, are mid level epics and should be a challenge at level 30, even requiring a group for some pieces. It is the challenge that makes them worthwhile, even if the camps can be frustrating at times.

I used both of my starfalls on both of my characters well into level 65. I agree with Aarielly. The difficulty on them seem right on and they are well worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom