wiz fanboi thread

Aaubert

Dalayan Beginner
Hi hi-

I played SoD for about 2 years, and raided about 6 hours a night for about a year of that. I did every level of raiding/grouping from DN nameds to a few upper thaz bosses, and grouped in everywhere pre-emberflow.

My RL buddies who moved away from me off to their colleges started up in WoW, and really, the only way that i could spend time with them was to join up in that game. I've had a lot of fun in it, don't plan on quitting, especially now that my wife is playing WoW w/ us, but...

Theres seriously nothing since my first few months of EQ live that compares to SoD. I played live in beta3, and loved it, but then, 6 years later, found SoD, and it was amazing. The quests are in depth and interesting, they pull you in, they tell you more about the Lore, and they're fun. I've played in WoW for a year now, and yeah, its been fun, but i haven't dissected and cared about a quest in WoW the same way I did in SoD.

This whole post comes from Lytec calling me today to ask about HHK quests, and the lantern and such. I worked with Thizik doing HHK quests, translating their notes, working on their riddles, and braving the random scary stuff in the zone, (don't touch that freaking crate). (but make sure to shapeshift into the chef's box). I remembered more about that quest than I did about any quest I've done in getting 2 characters to 80 in WoW, and I was more proud of that lantern than... well, than most.

I just wanted to say, thanks Wiz & Crew (tm/wold especially, i love your stupid zones [well, PoWater wasn't twisted enough for me, the way adalus's zones are, but hey]).

You've made a game, with a small enough community that when you're really active in it, you know everyone, and you get stuff done as a group thats just amazing. If I was convinced that I could pull my wife away from pretty graphics and simplified interface in WoW, I'd hit up SoD again.

Thanks.

I was gonna ask you about that too haha. Probably too busy to get the quest done atm, so I've just been hauling you along. Also, vent moar :(

and yes, fun, it's why I'm still here. He does a damn fine job designing zones too.

I have to agree. I've always thought that Wiz made the best quests and zones (Prison [up to Sanctum], CMal and HHK were the best designed zones. All three were incredibly well thought out, were designed around new scripts and had very decent risk vs. reward thats fairly lacking lately.

Back
Top Bottom