Winters Roar Compendium - A New Fansite + Information Site

J

Jiisu

I've decided to begin work on a fansite for Winters Roar. This server has been around for a long time, and I don't see it ending anytime soon, seeing how dedicated the staff is.

Despite how long it's been around, however, there is not a single place that we can visit to gather information about a certain mob or quest. Sure, these forums are here, but having to do a forum search and finding a post undoubtedly takes much longer than searching an item database. There's also the problem that posts become outdated and even purged over time, unlike a database.

So, I present to you the Winters Roar Compendium, a place where you can easily find this information. It's only been up for a few hours, so there really isn't any information on it currently. However, you can expect to see some additions very soon.

This site depends on the viewers and audience to contribute their information, because it is quite obvious that one single person cannot venture throughout the whole world of WR and find every single in every nook and cranny. So please, if you have any submissions, PM me or email them to me when I get the submissions page up. Thanks.

karm100fists said:
This looks incredibly professional . Thank you for your time and effort!

Thanks a lot. Hopefully it will become the #1 fansite for WR, even though WR isn't even a real game, but just an emulation. Hehe.

Melwin said:
Fixed pixel sites = hate :mad:

Sorry. I grew up making fixed-pixel sites as I learned HTML and PHP, and just shrugged off the adjustable sites because they didn't look as clean and nice to me as fixed-pixel. I'm sorry you feel this way :(

Holy crap, rofl. Most sites are designed for 800x600 or 1024x768, and even if they are stretchable, the images themselves are still small, aren't they? Geez your resolution is huge, haha.

In my original post, I said that the site has only been up for a couple of hours and therefore has a lack of content. I'm working on some of the pages right now, so not ALL of the pages will be 404's.

This thread was to basically introduce that this site is on its way and that you guys should help contribute to it. I'm only looking for website layout/color scheme feedback right now, since that's the only thing up.

Well, I got the quest script running. I can't upload any more quests right now (I've only uploaded one so far) because I have finals tomorrow. However, after tomorrow, I'll have all the time in the world to finish the site up :)

I whipped it up in about 30 minutes time max, so I still have to implement sorting, more sections to the list such as which zone it's in, etc.

Quest Page --> http://compendium.junaris.net/quests/

Actually, lots of people have contributed so far. I got over 15 PMs full of quest information and such :) I'm hoping that once it gets big enough, people will see that contributing will be beneficial for them and everyone else.

Thanks for the resources, I'll look into it!

Check the forums for it and pay particular attention to the maps section. i set up everything by evil/neutral/good controlled sites. i didnt include the new sites added by wiz seeing as how i stopped playing during that time.

you're free to use anything from my site as none of it is copy written or whatever heh

I love you Zarcath. I've always wanted quests that required thinking and deductions, not a go-kill-and-return-me-his-head quest. <3

Pfah, any thinking quests I put in just resulted in bug reports of the quest being broken.

Anyways... make a link button (90x30 approx) and I'll link the compendium from the WR main page.

Back
Top Bottom