Windows 10

I:

Re-downloaded the game from DayBreak.
Copied eqmain.dll and eqgame.exe and tried to copy them into my SoD folder yet the folder told me I didn't have permission to do so despite being the administrator.
I placed the patcher within the new EQ folder (C:/EverQuest).
I ran the patcher. It closed after patching and did not open its next phase. It now has locked me out, saying: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Thoughts?

Even though I am the administrator, the patcher seems to be treating me like I am not. I can't view/change the file in anyway that an admin should be able to.

Update:

After starting in Safe Mode, I opened the patcher via admin. When it was done patching and went to run the next step, I was given the error: surface_lock: Blit failed!

Any idea what is occurring?

Perhaps try downloading it off everquest.com instead, perhaps daybreak's is corrupt? Or perhaps there is an issue with your windows 10, try updating it? I have windows 10 and SoD, and have no issue running it, and using eqw. After you get eq downloaded/installed, and the sod patcher, make sure to repatch all, that may help? But the errors sound windows-based to me.

Back
Top Bottom