Why I quit...

Foon

Dalayan Beginner
Hi all

I know some of you and you know me...

The reason I quit WR? The reason I deleted my chars...

Simple really, I hate politics...

When I play a 'game' - and let's remember this IS a game - I don't want to watch my back every second of every day - If I wanted politics, I would have become a politician.

I cannot function in a place where I have to be careful of what I say ( Thi s IS a game FFS)

Wiz, your server and everything you have acheived is awesome, I do not criticize anything!!! The technical details of the server leave many 'Normal' people vexed at how 'leet' you are, and how well adjusted you are...

What do I contribute? Fuck all!

I wish I could have your presense of mind- I See what you have done and have given FA in return, I wish I had your Brains/talent/awarness - But I don't - I am a 'TARD'

I am sorry, but, most people are 'tards', they do not want politics - they want FUN!!!

Wiz , You Are an inteligent, self aware, Awesome person - I am not you, and neither are other people, they are 'Tards'.

Do not blame people for being 'Tards' they cannot help it...

IF you are an Inteligent, self aware person - who knows his mind/want/dislikes, then why is this...

You have the potential to have a great server(that buries the others in the dirt without even trying -EVEN THE LIVE ONES).
The other servers are laughable(don't get me wrong, the people that run them are nice enough) - after all they supply YOU a service for FA!

Please Wiz - Don't make this about power (for once in humanity's history) make it aboout fun...

Let's have fun... Fun.. Fun...

Foon the lost Druid...

(for the mentally challenged with sod all else to do, flame away)

... so much talk, and yet you make no points. You didn't even explain WHAT you are afraid of saying, or what politics you are talking about.

Good to see that you're living up to your talk though, being considerate enough to return your droppables to the guild that worked for them before qui- er... nevermind. :D

Our server population, at the moment, is 80% level 60's. Approximately half of those have some measure of GM abilities.

So, there's the people who have been in the game with either GM abilities, grouping with people with GM abilities, or are friends to those who are in one of those groups.

I imagine he's partially based off the locked thread on the 'suckiness' of the server. There IS a definate divide between the GoTW crew, and everyone else. Locked thread person was a Tard because they weren't intelligent and articulate and hadn't played formerly, aren't level 60, etc etc.

Someone criticizes, they don't have the knowledge that everyone else does. They're ridiculed or talked down or told they have no valid point, etc. Haves and have nots. Plus the general mood around the Emulation project in general is.. uh.

Well. Read the eqemu forums, and. Yeah.

Maybe he expects you to be all EQLive GM and respond to questions/comments/criticism with "I can't help you."

Or whatever.

Eh, with the exception of the problems I was having with my H2H skill, I've enjoyed the time I've spent here, even with semi-lacking content in the lower level ranges. Not many quests when you're an evil monk vs a good monk. ;) I've even enjoyed the absurdly stupid deaths I've had as a result of occasional GM interaction.... at least some of the GM's make an effort to help people enjoy the game vs the Live GM's who have Rez Sticks shoved up their asses.

The only thing I could really complain about the server for is the stability of certain things... Constantly getting punted back to Char Select when I'm in GD or Thurg recently sucks... ;) But such is life when you're playing on what equates to a BETA SERVER anyway.

ROFL...Sounds like you worship Wiz or want to marry him. Only thing I got from that post...

Well I for one am gonna miss ya Foonie, You helped me start the game and without you I probably would have never gotten started really on the server. Take care bud and best wishes to ya.

Darwin,
Level 37 Paladin

Darwin said:
Well I for one am gonna miss ya Foonie, You helped me start the game and without you I probably would have never gotten started really on the server. Take care bud and best wishes to ya.

Darwin,
Level 37 Paladin

I'm quite sure this is Fooner, not Foonie...

Darwin said:

Darwin,
Level 37 Paladin

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere:)

Hello,

I think I came off wrong in what I wanted to say before (I was drunk when I posted - what's new, right).

I felt kinda bad when reading it back sober :O(

I was gonna give no-drop stuff I had on Foon(and alts) to guild, but, to be honest, the no drop stuff I had was kinda crappy(well compared to all the stuff our guild ALREADY had - being as they all 'uber' anyway).

I enjoyed playing on WR, and appreciate what the people who ran it achieved. You supplied me with cash free fun :)

It was just kind of overwhelming to be level 60(I never achieved this on live). To be frank, I didn't have a clue how to play at that level on raids - I tried my best :(

People kind of 'expected' you to know how to play. I.E. "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THAT STASIS FIELD!!!" - 'Foon says'' - "WTF is a stasis field?!?"

Sorry If I seemed ingratefull - I tried, but, I am not that bright.

And I know I was a 'TIT!' on a few occasions. Like when I was drunk on the raid in ToFS(I hope I didnt get anyone killed). But, even then, when I came back a week later Wiz and Melwin were cool with me.

Winter's Roar 'IS' the best server out there boys and girls (go try the others if you don't believe me).

And NO I do not want to marry Wiz (Unless he is rich of course :lol: )

Please Don't hate me :sadf:

You could've done much worse things while drunk.

TRUST ME.

And no worries man, this is my first level 60 char too. Lord knows I've ruined raids and done some very dumb shit too. It's all good :p

It's true. Liam's ruined so many raids that I now refuse to talk to him directly. I need to bring an IRC bot into the channel that'll relay what I say, converting "Liam" to "you" and so forth, if I ever wish to communicate indirectly with him for some bizzarre reason (which I won't!).

Dujek really isn't the person to be talking about ruining raids.

He is the asleep Cleric, :finger:

Back
Top Bottom