Whirling Strikes Suggestion

brasileira

Dalayan Elder
Hello,

is not of my knowledge, but many ranger i know never used this stance.

So i would like to suggest to change this stance to a 2handed style.

Since, we have already one with 2x 1hander, and two for bows, why not implement a style for 2h, since there are many nice 2h for rangers.

Comment about it

I do use Whirling Strikes frequently (level 58 atm). It's just another way to increase my DPS, since it drains stamina slowly enough to be used every few fights while having some stamina left for emergencies. It's never a must have, but always a good little boost.

However, I really wouldn't mind a 2 handed style for Rangers. Every melee style we get is for 2 x 1 handed weapons. :(

Oualawouzou said:
I do use Whirling Strikes frequently (level 58 atm). It's just another way to increase my DPS, since it drains stamina slowly enough to be used every few fights while having some stamina left for emergencies. It's never a must have, but always a good little boost.

However, I really wouldn't mind a 2 handed style for Rangers. Every melee style we get is for 2 x 1 handed weapons. :(
Yea, we really already 2 styles for 1hand weapons. A style for 2hand weapons would be much appreciated.

Or even add a new bow style, since we are rangers..

There is no limitation to the number of styles that I know of. If you can think of a new style that should be implemented, say what it is. If you think that Whirling strikes needs a tweak to make it more useful, say how.

"fix this I don't like it" doesn't motivate anyone and doesn't even help anyone try to fix it the way you intend, were they so inclined.

Well, this style is pretty much obsoleted by AAs. I don't know if any other classes have styles that, like this one, become less useful as you advance your character.

Alternatives? Well there's two categories, changes to the basic function vs. adding new capabilities.

Some options for additions that scale with the power of your character:

1. Increased Proc chance
2. Decreased chance for mob to riposte/parry
3. Stacking additional haste (as in style 2) based on your dex/agi or current worn haste or atk or level or whatever the staff wants.

The first two don't really make any kind of sense with the description but who knows, the third actually sorta fits with the description and wouldn't be made obsolete by AAs.

Options for completely replacing it:

1. Increased damage, accuracy, triple attack rate or whatever with 2h weapons.
2. Change it from a swing-chance style to a damage and accuracy style like the Bard one, useable with any melee weapons.
3. Something really original, like a big boost to spell damage and healing.
4. Pancakes?

As much as I, personally, would like a 2h stance, they are already better dps than 1h'ders and this would only increase the gap,probably to the point that dual wielding for rangers would be solely for tanking. Which honestly is lame. As an aside I already think the gap between 1h damage and 2h damage is lame but that's another thread.

The second is a clear improvement to the class, if useable with all weapons, but that may be overdoing it. If it was changed to a style like Bards have it but remained dual-wield-only, it would be a much more niche improvement that would increase a Ranger's ability to dual wield without really changing the class that much.

The third, i.e. changing it to something completely different, well, that's complicated. Probably would need its own thread if the staff went in that direction.

Now, to address some responses I know are coming. Yes, there are other classes that get styles that are mostly useless. But why should that be in the first place? Why bother having styles that don't get used? Plus, rangers get two styles that are (in my 3 or so years of experience) respectively, eventually useless and almost immediately useless (5 and 7).

This style and, any other styles that other classes have that don't get used, should be addressed. This post ended up being a lot longer than I intended it to be :dumb:

I still like the idea of an AOE ranged stance that would drain at the same rate as Whirling Strikes or Avenger's Precision, even if it used double the arrows.

robopirateninja said:
There is no limitation to the number of styles that I know of. If you can think of a new style that should be implemented, say what it is. If you think that Whirling strikes needs a tweak to make it more useful, say how.

"fix this I don't like it" doesn't motivate anyone and doesn't even help anyone try to fix it the way you intend, were they so inclined.
Ok, i opened here to suggest something, not saying to fix anything.

As you see there are many rangers in here that are posting something useful, oposite of you. So i think its contribuiting to the server.

Back
Top Bottom