Where did ya find us?

I had started playing "live" again. Got a friend into it (pipn) and while we were playing in the lake of ill omen another rl friend (tidas) heard about sod from a google search. We decided to give it a try. I was reluctant cuz I just shelled out cash to activate two Live accounts. But regardless, I made a mage cuz we expected to just screw around for the night and I wanted a beefy yellow con mob for a pet to make noobery fun and easy. He made a druid because he could heal my pet and someday port us around. We leveled up to level 18 in Gfay and Fearstone. We didn't have the map pack and the plane of knowledge was missing somehow <gasp>!!! We wanted to make a journey to Blackburrow and get some cool everfrost and "Qeynos" quests. We could bind in the cities on the way there if we found someone with the bind affinity spell =). When we got off the boat from "Butcherblock Mountains" and stepped onto the docks in Freeport it was quiet......too quiet. "Where are all the people?" We peered out around the buildings and saw some skeletons. "The zoneline is right past em man. Just send your pet in and lets run by em." We made it to the zoneline. Unfortunately we found ALL of Freeport infested with these undead and our trip ended when we died in a never-ending train of skeletons. Good times. Great memories, I wish more people could enjoy this server, its been great fun since day one.

Last edited:
I had started playing "live" again. Got a friend into it (pipn) and while we were playing in the lake of ill omen another rl friend (tidas) heard about sod from a google search. We decided to give it a try. I was reluctant cuz I just shelled out cash to activate two Live accounts. But regardless, I made a mage cuz we expected to just screw around for the night and I wanted a beefy yellow con mob for a pet to make noobery fun and easy. He made a druid because he could heal my pet and someday port us around. We leveled up to level 18 in Gfay and Fearstone. We didn't have the map pack and the plane of knowledge was missing somehow <gasp>!!! We wanted to make a journey to Blackburrow and get some cool everfrost and "Qeynos" quests. We could bind in the cities on the way there if we found someone with the bind affinity spell =). When we got off the boat from "Butcherblock Mountains" and stepped onto the docks in Freeport it was quiet......too quiet. "Where are all the people?" We peered out around the buildings and saw some skeletons. "The zoneline is right past em man. Just send your pet in and lets run by em." We made it to the zoneline. Unfortunately we found ALL of Freeport infested with these undead and our trip ended when we died in a never-ending train of skeletons. Good times. Great memories, I wish more people could enjoy this server, its been great fun since day one.

yes freeport is undead. There is no PoK.. try wiki.shardsofdalaya.com We have MoP instead, and gate necks (faction based) No bind spell try /cmd bind (only allowed in some areas)

Langdorn's probably been here longer than you, dude. Just sayin', he goes way back, too.

Oh yeah, I should say something. Well, I remember finding WR 2004 back in late 2004 or early 2005 when checking for a similar community to what I had on Live. This seemed like a good place and I already had all the files good to go, so I tried it. I mained a magician named Klarth and ran into some old guildies, so I stuck around for a while. After the CnD, I decided to go back looking and found a couple other things that didn't last more than a week, and soon either me or Taru saw that WR lived on in SoD, so we came back.

Last edited:
Found Shards of Dalaya

I'd tried it years ago but had several things invade my life, like a husband and family, grad school, and other games. (Sorry) Found it today on http://www.xtremetop100.com/everquest. I sought it out when I learned Everquest was going free to play and the many restrictions and changes they were implementing. I'm hoping SoD fills the void and possibly returns me to my early days of joy in Everquest. Now if I could find my first quest mob....

-Jasmyria

Someone told me that there were free to play WoW emu's, just something offhand - I reasoned that there must be free EQ emu's and Shards had the best info / website up front, trusted that there would be no trickery.

I think one of my favourite things is the naming policy. The endless custom content, pft... Changes based on suggestions from community, psh... Frequent updates and developments, sheesh... Yeah this is far better than anything I remember from Live - it's freaking brilliant and everyone who has had a hand in making this game kudos to you.

I used to get PCgamer when demo discs were a cool thing and never cancelled my subscription. One day I was on the toilet and saw a tiny article about sony shutting down a large fan server of everquest. Then I typed winters roar into google.

Back in 2006, my wife and I agreed that I should cut my Everquest subscription out of our monthly budget. I started getting into emulators and one day the words "Everquest" and "Emulator" joined in my head and I made a moment to look it up on wikipedia. Shards of Dalaya was mentioned there, and that November, Nathasar Nataranju was born.

I actually heard about project 1999 through a friend, went to their server and saw Zenergys post on creating a new guild on SOD and went to his web page from there http://progressionsod.guildlaunch.com/. and now im here! amongst the best!

But all in all- Google searched eqemulator- Id say broadcast more on youtube- make more videos showing raids and gm events. Ive seen ALOT of recent videos from last 3 months of people upset that SOE canceled servers for EQOA on ps3 and all the console members are converting to EQlive free- I have posted to many of them to come to SODemulator today.

Id love to see our community grow!

I saw an ad somewhere a few years back, either one of those rotating ads or a post advertising it. I think it was on a gaming forum, but I'm not 100% sure anymore. I'd been interested in playing, but at the time my "temporary" PC didn't have the space for it (nor for most MMOs since it was an OLD computer that could barely surf the web). It was only recently in my search for something new or different to play that I remembered this game and decided to finally give it a whirl.

I think I was busy googling my old toons from Live and I found some forum about EQ and someone on the forum mentioned playing EQMac on a WindowsPC (because EQMac was still on PoP). So, I investigated that and fell down the rabbit hole. I actually ended up finding SoD through a forum of a forum inside a forum and started researching and researching.

Played for a long time with my RL friend and then stopped due to having a baby and some other things, and now I am back. :)

I'm pretty sure I found out about SoD when I used to stalk recent forum activity on MMORPG.com, was a briefly existant post that quickly was removed. Found a few games that way.

to be honest ive played eqemulators alot and only just come across this game by accident SPREAD the word more i bet there loads like me =)

Back
Top Bottom