Where did ya find us?

A buddy in my Skype group sent me a link to this webpage. Having played EQ since its initial release in 99, I have invested a lot of time and energy into it. Now that it's been many years since I last played, something has been rekindled. Familiar, yet new. I'm giving it a shot.

I would like to introduce myself and give a little back story. I initially tried EQ back in the Alpha testing in 1998. I made a barbarian shaman by the name Ryjal Cliffwalker. I played thru YEARS of live server, watching the game grow and decline. A ton of bitter-sweet memories. I found Shards of Dalaya on a search for free EQ private servers a long time ago. I played on SoD many times. leveling characters and learning the layout. I like what I see by the SoD Team and will be supporting them in the future. I truly believe that you all are going more in the direction that Verant meant EQ to go than Sony ever could. Keep up the great work. I am writing this the day that 2.5 goes live. I am very impressed and understand that this comes from an 18 year veteran of Everquest. I have brought several people into SoD and will continue to direct people to this server. Thank You SoD Team.

I found this site years ago on accident looking for some game stuff. Sense then I have kept up on the progress. I didn't get into Everquest back in the day as I do now. Funny how an old game catches my attention better than the newer games.

You guys popped up on eqemu's server select.......although since browsing a bit am I to believe that it shouldn't have been?

You guys popped up on eqemu's server select.......although since browsing a bit am I to believe that it shouldn't have been?
It should have been. This server just made a significant client update which allowed it to become part of the EQ EMU list. Welcome!

Are you new? Well, welcome to SoD! This thread is to help us understand where to focus our efforts on spreading word of the server. If you are new and wish to help us out please reply to this thread with where you heard about us!

Thank you much. I hope you enjoy the server!

It was Winter and I heard a Roar from somewhere beind me... Scared me so badly it took m e 10 years or some such to find where it came from ^^

New player, what should I box with bard? Healer? Mage/Necro? Should say I played here around '06, and rediscovered server when sod migrated to eqemu server list. Send tell to Shagsaur if you wanna group. :)

Last edited:
Welcome Smiggle! If you want to box something with a bard, I would definitely recommend a healer. Kiting stuff with a bard/necro can kind of work but not as well as live.

New player, what should I box with bard? Healer? Mage/Necro? Should say I played here around '06, and rediscovered server when sod migrated to eqemu server list. Send tell to Shagsaur if you wanna group. :)
bard+cleric is pretty good

A couple of buddies and I, who were old school EQ gamers that quit years ago, were waxing nostalgic about EQ. A few years ago we did the project 1999 thing, which was cool, but we lost interest eventually. So one of my friends found this SoD thing. I just made a character (High Elf Wiz) and ran him through the tutorial. Whew, talk about rust! It'll all come back eventually, I'm sure. The more I reading about the similarities and differences, the more I like. It's a little bit of the old and some cool new. I can already feel the addiction bubbling up!

I scored a golden ticket out of a willy wonka bar.. Went to his factory and met an oompaloompa named aisling.. He did eventually cocooned into an air head.. I mean elemental. Thats another story.. But he directed me to this gate.. Or did he summon me idr. I asked an eyate to pick the lock he said f u. So i used his face to smash the lock.. Just as effective. I found a chest with a character inside. I put it on.. And woke up in a dream.

<3 tizanish

Friend told me about it years ago. I have been playing EQ since 1999 and still play on EMarr. Got back into P99 and saw this on the server list and decided to give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom