What things would you like to see in a new zone?

The racing zone would own if there was like a commander chair on each side or whatever ala natural selection where you could have a person on each 'side' actively screw with the other side or help theirs out. Like a cooldown ability to spawn a pack of mobs from behind or set traps or give a burst of healing/mana or something. Probably not feasible with the engine but if you're going to race it might as well be funny in the process.

One of my favorite gm events on our live server was a annual race , it took place outside arena and we raced around as lvl 1's ala horsetrack style with obstacles in the way like snare traps , mob traps , and gms at certain point to award things like short term buffs/debuffs to finish the race with or for players to catch the leader. The corpses when it was over trailed all around the outside walls of arena. Wish I had a screenshot it was kinda epic. Some type of race or race zone would be a cool addition to sod.

More time trials to clear zones would be fun. No reward necessary just bring back the leadership boards.

One general mechanic I thought we be cool was some correlation between completing the full flagging for a zone and clearing the trash. Not all zones have this type of completed key.

Upon completing the complete Undercity key for example, the quest item completed would have a clicky that instantly destroys a single trash pull in the zone with a ~1 day cooldown on it. Or in sanctum for example, the custodian key would destroy 1 piece of trash in the wing. This would encourage doing encounters that aren't done often (like that event in Undercity for flagging or Eyes of the Father from my 2 examples) to complete these keys. Also it would encourage completing quests and reward guilds for having a lot more of these keys. It would also mean that long, mundane trash clears that people have done dozens if not hundreds of times would have at least a little bit of respite.

One general mechanic I thought we be cool was some correlation between completing the full flagging for a zone and clearing the trash. Not all zones have this type of completed key.

Upon completing the complete Undercity key for example, the quest item completed would have a clicky that instantly destroys a single trash pull in the zone with a ~1 day cooldown on it. Or in sanctum for example, the custodian key would destroy 1 piece of trash in the wing. This would encourage doing encounters that aren't done often (like that event in Undercity for flagging or Eyes of the Father from my 2 examples) to complete these keys. Also it would encourage completing quests and reward guilds for having a lot more of these keys. It would also mean that long, mundane trash clears that people have done dozens if not hundreds of times would have at least a little bit of respite.

the sanctum roadblock starts here.

One of the things I find frustrating about trying to do some content is that it can be hard to simultaneously get the right group on and find the mob up. This game should be about beating the strat of the mob, not about obsessive tracking. Imagine how fun it could be to able to just tell your friends, "hey, we are going to do Mountain King tomorrow at 5" and be able to. Imagine how easy it would be to get people to log in on raid night if they KNEW the super-fun fight everyone wants to finally beat will be up.

Given that, what would I like to see? Raid content with very short respawn timers that don't allow any particular player to kill it more than once per...however long...3 weeks? If you are loot eligible when it dies, you get flagged and denied re-engaging for 2-3 weeks, but it will repsawn quickly (<1 day) for the next group to try. Hardcore players can't farm it up quickly; casual players are not denied experiencing the content.

One of the things I find frustrating about trying to do some content is that it can be hard to simultaneously get the right group on and find the mob up. This game should be about beating the strat of the mob, not about obsessive tracking. Imagine how fun it could be to able to just tell your friends, "hey, we are going to do Mountain King tomorrow at 5" and be able to. Imagine how easy it would be to get people to log in on raid night if they KNEW the super-fun fight everyone wants to finally beat will be up.

Given that, what would I like to see? Raid content with very short respawn timers that don't allow any particular player to kill it more than once per...however long...3 weeks? If you are loot eligible when it dies, you get flagged and denied re-engaging for 2-3 weeks, but it will repsawn quickly (<1 day) for the next group to try. Hardcore players can't farm it up quickly; casual players are not denied experiencing the content.
competition is what made this game fun for me. Also, being denied re-engaging it is lame, because now i get to do the fight twice a month and can only help one group of people. Some idiot boxed you for a raid you wanted to do, get fucked for the next 2-3 weeks. You also run into people stacking groups to funnel loot into certain characters, just because of the lockout based system. Logging in twice a month to do six man sounds awful for anybody that actually enjoys video games. It sounds like you want to play World of Warcraft to me, weekly loot lockouts on instances so everyone can see the content, and encounters designed around strategy and playing your character proper.

Back
Top Bottom