What style to use as a warrior

thanks again for showing me the obvious :), but what I'd like to learn is what others are using.

Level 15 Driving Attack: Increased Hate
Level 15 [Small Races] Deftful Dance: Increased Avoidance
Level 25 Steel Barrier: Decrease Attack Speed; Increased Mitigation, Parry, Riposte, Shield Block.
Level 35, Two Handed Weapon Furious Assault: Increased interrupt chance.
Level 45 Living Shield: Decreased damage; Increased mitigation and hate.
Level 55 Unyielding: Increased Mitigation (22%)
Level 55 Frenzied: Increased Attack Speed, Decrease Avoidance; Lose parry, riposte, dodge, shield block.
Level 60 Final Stand: Decrease damage taken to 1; Die on exhaustion. (actually drop to 1 HP on exhaustion not, but that is good as dead in most cases, stance is good for the very end of a fight with healers LoM)
Level 65 Vindicator's Stance: Increase Mitigation (15%)

If you are a small race, Deftul Dance for most occurences. Driving attack to increase agro is another option. When facing a harder foe go with Unyielding stance, but it is a stamina drainer. Once you hit 65, /s 12 for vindicators as a regular and /s 9 for big mobs.

Stamina regen is something to look at also. Acumen, the healer regen line with Rejuvination in it, Ancient: Sihala's gift are all Sta regen spells. It had been mentioned in threads to add Sta regen to Recovery item, but I do not know if anything came of that.

It's situational. There is no "one single best" style that fits every situation. The best warrior will switch his style accordingly. Likewise for DPS classes. I think the best thing you can do is to experiment and gauge three things:

1. How easy you hold aggro
2. How quickly your hp's drain
3. How easily a group member pulls aggro

What I had done as a warrior in the 40's was to click on /s 4 as I pulled (I think that's +hate...been a while) and then after about 10-15 seconds I'd switch to /s 3 or /s 2 depending on how the mob was hitting to conserve and regenerate my stamina. That was just for the general run of the mill exp groups though.

Communicating with your group helps as well. If you find a rogue who is not evading and is using /s 6 every time it refreshes and is permanently in /s 2 you might also mention to them that they should adjust their tactics so they don't get the crap beat out of them. :)

kukov said:
Communicating with your group helps as well. If you find a rogue who is not evading and is using /s 6 every time it refreshes and is permanently in /s 2 you might also mention to them that they should adjust their tactics so they don't get the crap beat out of them. :)

I always just let them take aggro... Either they'll eventually learn or I'll get some bonus entertainment. I win either way.

Back
Top Bottom