what kind of music do you listen to?

I just discovered buckethead. He is seriously one of the best guitarists ever. He doesn't do vocals so most of his songs have no words unless sung by another band (serj does a song, primus does a few). But seriously he is one of the best guitarists ever to exist. I like to listen to him while studying cuz I don't start paying attention to the words since there are none. I would rate him definatly in the top 3 guitarists of all time, hard to decided which of those is the best.

Some of his songs don't sound too complex but youtube a few of his songs and you will see how increadibly hard most of them are to play.

I just discovered buckethead. He is seriously one of the best guitarists ever. He doesn't do vocals so most of his songs have no words unless sung by another band (serj does a song, primus does a few). But seriously he is one of the best guitarists ever to exist. I like to listen to him while studying cuz I don't start paying attention to the words since there are none. I would rate him definatly in the top 3 guitarists of all time, hard to decided which of those is the best.

Some of his songs don't sound too complex but youtube a few of his songs and you will see how increadibly hard most of them are to play.
Buckethead is cool. Him and Tom Morello are the kings of hitting their killswitches and it sounds pretty cool. I wouldn't quite put him top 3, but he is indeed good. Jordan will always be pretty awesome even though basically nobody would have known it was it not for Guitar Hero.

after searching amazon for a long time last couple days ....

Septic Flesh (Communion album)
Iced Earth
Helloween
Testament

I saw this thread and immediately had to read it, now I can't help but add my favs to the list.

Godflesh
NIN
TOOL
Acidbath
Type O Negative
The Cure
David Bowie
Clutch
Mortal Decay
Netherbird
Dodd
Dr. Steel
Portishead
Tori Amos
Joan Armatrading
Cat Stevens
The Moody Blues

The list goes on, I love music with bold lyrics and great sound really.

I listen to most everything besides country and rap. I love everything from 50's oldies, classic rock, some new rock, old and new metal, and punk. so ranging from the everly brothers to the black dahlia murder and everything in between, haha. couple of my favorite bands right now are scar symmetry, all that remains, and in flames. i also got a band that is along the lines of the 3 bands mentioned and we've had shows with soilwork and divine heresy, 3 inches of blood ect ect. check it out at myspace.com/circleoftwelve hope ya like! new to the forums, so hello everyone =)

Days Away - Its not Over. An amazing band that i catch every once in awhile when they come this way. Give em a listen.

Back
Top Bottom