What do I do as a noob about the UI?

Goggles2114

Dalayan Beginner
I see three hotbars, none of which seem to actually allow me to hit a number row button and do a thing, and I can't make most of the clutter like battle spam or group or the like just go away while I'm soloing.

I'm sure others have commented on this but... help?

I can't make most of the clutter like battle spam or group or the like just go away while I'm soloing.

I'm sure others have commented on this but... help?

For spam, right click on your main chat, and make a new chat window.

Then right click on that new window and go to filters --- select all the things you consider as spam and put them in that window.

None I'm aware off. But people keep telling me my UI is terrible, so what do I know...

Any suggested configurations or existing threads discussing optimal configurations for each class/playstyle?
hi goggles,

im lazy, and yes i know that by being lazy im creating more work for myself, but the steps to declutter the UI are also nice and simple (and lazy)

1. bind superfluous hotbars to some shift/alt/ctrl + key you will never use: this will allow you to immediately get rid of them every time you create a new character
2. effects box upper right corner, make horizontal, 2 rows and stretched to middle of screen or so (or less)
3. songs box underneath effects, make big enough for 4 songs
4. character hp/mana box underneath ping
5. group box underneath character
6. spellgem bar underneath group
7. target box (it's blank, no title) next to ping
8. hotbar 1 right on top of chatbox 1
*9. optional: compass at the top, in the middle

this groups all of your hp monitoring boxes in one corner, your buffs in another corner, and your chat/battlespam on the bottom...not sure if thats what you were looking for, but its what i do!

Here is how I have mine set up. By having all the hp stats on the right its easy to tile your windows when 2 boxing and still keep an eye on things.

Attachments

• EQ000000.bmp
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom