Warrior AA: resilience

Kelval

Dalayan Adventurer
Hi,

After having maxed the most common defensive AAs on my warrior, I am wondering wich I should choose next: Resilience, or weaponshield.

Resilience is a set duration effect that greatly reduces the damage (or so says the description). There's a recast time: 10 minutes. AA cost: 5 aa.

Weaponshield is an aa that is only obtained after maxing melee mastery (to stage 3, wich means 18 aa, that allows to always perform a double hit per melee round).

I'd like to have some more experienced warrior's advices to know if resilience is a "must have immediatly", of if I should look for weaponshield first.

Resilience is pretty awesome for the start of fights, and on long fights you can re-use it at the end, while Weaponshield is constant.

I'd probably go with Weaponshield first.

Yeah, Weaponshield is passive while Resilience has a reuse timer. I would much rather have something always going on me for added mitigation/avoidance.

If you frequently play the part of the MT for a raid, I would go with resilience first. It is very useful on engage of a raid target to allow the healers to get started, since the start of a fight is one of the most problematic times for newer raiders (newer meaning both level of gear, as well as level of raiding experience).

Also, at 5aas, you can reap the benefit much sooner than weaponshield (18AAs for mele mastery, then 9 more to max weapon shield).

I did resilience first, and do not regret the decision.

Don't think either one is too much more important than the other though both are must haves. Resilence is mostly used for starting a raid encounter to allow the slowers a chance to debuff and slow the mob or when you're pulling a pack and you need offtanks to peel off you. It only lasts 7-12 seconds though depending on whan you activate it.

Weapnshield gives you decent returns on every fight including the extra offense from melee mastery prereq.

If you aren't Main Tanking, which you probably aren't, I'd go weaponshield first.

Duma said:
If you aren't Main Tanking, which you probably aren't, I'd go weaponshield first.

Hes the MT of <Amicii>

Id say go with resistalance first cause 5 aas takes what ? 1-2 days to get.

Duma said:
2-3 hours.

Did you really have to wave the epeen here?
Keep in mind we don't play in the same league. Did you use to pop 5 aas in 2 hours back when you were around my level of gear? I mean, not with a group of 5 tiers higher players that take pity on you and pick you up.

Anyways, thanks for the replies everyone. I'll most likely get resilence first, and move on to weaponshield.

Kelval said:
Keep in mind we don't play in the same league. Did you use to pop 5 aas in 2 hours back when you were around my level of gear? I mean, not with a group of 5 tiers higher players that take pity on you and pick you up.

Anyways, thanks for the replies everyone. I'll most likely get resilence first, and move on to weaponshield.
He wasn't being a jerk or boastful. I could do 5 AAs in 2-3 hours solo at level 57... shit, 5 AAs could easily be done in Eld's in 3 hours with any competent group.

If he wanted to be boastful, he'd say 1.5 hours. In FR, HHK, The Rust, etc, you can make an AA every 20 minutes with a well geared group...

I think so. They would also have to tell me how I'd be aaing solo as a warrior.
Not everyone is born equal. I would know, I chosed it. But some telling me I should do as good as them, because they can, is :psyduck:.

Anyways, thanks!

Kelval said:

I did them that fast when I wasn't MT'ing for Ruin and just AA'ing Vargg. it isn wang waving, it's the friggin' norm. And to tell the truth I averaged 1 AA every 15-20 minutes or so. It has slowed down since then with the incremental exp required for more AA's you get, assist penalty, and zone nerfs but you should still be able to pulll 5 AA's easy in a few hours in a good area.

To be honest resilience isn't only useful for the beginning of the fight on raid mobs, it could also be a raid saver depending on the situation. I have found that unless its absolutely necessary to use it at engage that it is better not to and to use it if something bad happens. Either way though both of these AAs are pretty much a must for tanks, especially if you are the MT of your guild, you pretty much need everything you can possibly get.

Thizik said:
To be honest resilience isn't only useful for the beginning of the fight on raid mobs, it could also be a raid saver depending on the situation. I have found that unless its absolutely necessary to use it at engage that it is better not to and to use it if something bad happens. Either way though both of these AAs are pretty much a must for tanks, especially if you are the MT of your guild, you pretty much need everything you can possibly get.

Well yeah, I'll get it. That, and the rest.
It was just a question of "in wich order".

And yes, I really foresee several situations where I'd like to have them in the middle of a fight. Like 2 nights ago when I popped AE taunt on a VD TMap to save the cleric, and dropped like a sack of rock. Glad we had good healers ;).

Back
Top Bottom