War Loot system

Titanas

Dalayan Elder
We've all seen problems in the war's loot systems. Is it possable to have 1 person in a raid be the Master looter and get all the No drop Items to be randomized at the end of the war? Then a list can be made of who got what, give the list to a GM and they can transfer items to that person?

Random ideas to make wars go smoother.
Something that will eliminate corpse clutter, just put like a 10 second decay on all the bodies and give the named mobs more money as well as the Items that can be turned in for faction or what ever you get from the Seer in Swords

Any one else have any ideas and sugestions?

/hidecorpse all is good for the war.

The person or people who ninjalooted all that shit today is bad for the war.

Wooo... my internet crashed literally SECONDS before war started (Nothing was spawned yet when I LD... when I logged on next, was at bind point... so died before LD timed out)... so I got to avoid all the dickery that apparently went on.

I'm not complaining about a specific event I'm just trying to figure out what we can do to improve the war system.

/ignore people that ninja loot on war. they wont go far here.
make sure everyone knows who ML is and how loot will be handled before you start engaging the war zone.

Why not have all of the loot non lootable until it is all over?

sometimes the war can last for hours and not everyone can or wants to stay the whole time.
Don't know about lately but i remember like a year ago when i was leveling that some zones would be stuck in war for days, was real fun when you needed to do the MQ in a starfall heh.

Why not just have a chest of spoils pop upon reclaiming a zone at a define point, say the succor point? Any time you kill a mob that would drop loot, code it so it goes into that chest when it spawns.

This would probably be insane to code, if possible at all, but put an NPC in every major town, War Veteran <Name>. Anytime you enter a war zone, you get credit for

1) Time
2) Kills that Granted you EXP
3) Kill that Retook the Zone

Credit from each war would last 48 hours, enough time for someone to log back on. You would hail the War Veteran and a list of items that dropped would be displayed. Picking an item would drop your credit by X depending on what item it was. The higher the credit you have when picking the item the higher the chance you have of winning it. You can keep picking items to enter into a drawing for until you no longer have credit to use or there is no other usable items for your class. After 48 hours, all credit from that war is wiped and the items are sent via listsold mail to the winners.

Problems with Vallren's suggestion (extreme examples used):

1. "Anytime you enter a war zone": As I help clear the zone on my main (or maybe even not that), I'll login my other character and sit them at the zone line away from agro. Then, I'll go the veteran and ask to loot items that I didn't even do anything for.

Fix: Have the NPC spawn at/near the succor point in the particular zone, and you must: a. still be in a raid in the zone; b. have credit via a flag; or c. have a no drop item on your person from the mob killed

2. Two raids in the same zone, and they purposefully don't kill the last mob "in their area" where they will get the last kill to get the extra credit.

Fix: Remove the "Last kill that took the zone"

3. Two raids, two different war zones several zones apart. One raid (without enough porters) could finish their zone, but they would have to run to the other zone...not getting their in time to get more credit.

Fix: As number one, with having a npc for every zone.

4. Why should we kill the mobs in the zone when we get more credit the longer it takes us, and no one else seems interested in retaking the zones/this is the last one?

Fix: Time can't be a consideration either.
-------------------
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. But, good ideas when put into application will be used by people who don't want to follow the "nice, easy way."

People are all about the war now, because it happens rarely. Back when it was going full force, there were times that zones would sit, and sit, and sit. Then it got bugged, got reported as bugged *cough*, and stopped for months. It got fixed, and now everyone is *drool* over the loot again.

Problem right now is that when the war was raging the server had much fewer people capable of even going to the war & not ending up with a bonetower enema. And most of the guilds that *were* capable didn't bother.

Rather than limit the way the loot is distributed, I recommend locking it down to number of people. First two raids worth of people (36), close it. Get the spam out, make folks move off their asses & get there. Others can wait outside zone (or at zone line) until a spot opens up. *shrug* The war is doable by one Tier 3-4 guild, but my suggestion is nicer.

Pain in the ass? Yes.

Going to have people whining because they were zoning in, and crashed on ZI, and now not able to get in one of the two raids? Yes.

Get rid of the horrendous lag when 90 people are there? Yes.

Get rid of the majority of loot issues? Yes.

I left out something else that's been going on with these wars. People are running sub-level 5 alts to the war to roll against people who are actually contributing to the war.

Yes but, if they are contributing to the war on their main, then do they not have the right to bring along an alt? Especially if the main is overgeared for a war, as is sometimes the case. It isnt guildies you are rolling against, its random people you may or may not know, so ethics is thrown more into question.

Basically that situation happens because all rolls in the war are pretty much greed rolls. There is no way to do any sort of need before greed scheme in something like the war where its a ton of people most of whom have little to no connection to one another.

Yes but, if they are contributing to the war on their main, then do they not have the right to bring along an alt? Especially if the main is overgeared for a war, as is sometimes the case. It isnt guildies you are rolling against, its random people you may or may not know, so ethics is thrown more into question.

Trying to gear out your level 5 twink alt with war loot is in extremely bad taste when it is the only way many casual players who don't raid will obtain items of interest and many of the items can be easily out-classed by raid loot within the first few tiers.

Wars should be treated like raiding. In order for a toon to have a chance at winning loot, said toon should be actively participating in a war. A level 5 toon hiding in a corner is not actively participating.

I know loot is not easy to do, especially when you are defending a zone. Easiest way i have done it is link the loot, have those interested /rand 1000 for it, highest wins. If you are 2-boxing you get one roll. also, don't be a loot whore. \

Yes there are going to be people who have much more use for war loot than others. War loots have a lot of clickies that higher end people are interested in (hello metallic grabbers and dragonforged jackboot). The way i feel is that if someone has actively participated, they have a chance at loot on the toons that did participate.

Back
Top Bottom