Use of /q when needed no longer possible

Celes

Dalayan Beginner
Was fighting in Western Wastes, the same exact way I have for 2 weeks(minus using charmed rhinos since thats been disabled), when suddenly both character's spell bars get bugged, neither can do anything but move, while aggroed to a named giant.

But now /q has been changed so now the people who need it to get out of the game when bugged can no longer use it unless they aren't fighting a mob.

I've played the mage to 57, and the druid for half of the 57 levels, neither once had a spell bar lock up.

Now that /q has been changed, they had it happen 4 fights in a row until I gave up for the night.

Celes said:
Now that /q has been changed, they had it happen 4 fights in a row until I gave up for the night.

Maybe I'm missing something here but /q and the spell bug are not related, the patch to remove /q was put in place yesterday whereas the spell bug was put "into the wild" today. I guess I just don't see a situation where /q would be 'needed,' as everyone encounters bugs, tahts part of a "constant beta" game, but expecting to be able to /q whenever you encounter a bug is totally unnecessary and the ability to /q was removed to its potential for abuse. Overall, the server is better without it because it was nearly impossible to die with an immediate /q and made resurrection along with risk/reward analysis obsolete.

The jam issue has been around for a while, sometimes it just happens. I'm glad to see that there is a command to fix that when it occurs. thanks for letting us know wiz!

cool to know about #unjam, its one of those undocumented features (not in #help normal) i guess..

Back
Top Bottom