Update on 2.5 - 9/23/14

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
So I know folks have been asking. We have silently been running a few tests over the past couple of weeks or so involving excessive memory and CPU usage. We made a change that, amazingly, seems to have largely solved the problem. So that's good.

We still need to finish AAs, make a few spell corrections and other things before we're really ready to go. I'd like to think this will happen sooner than later, but I've been surprised before. :) I *do* know that my schedule has become far more sane, so I am committed to more progress in the near term as soon as I finish my current...project, which will be finished very soon.

So keep an eye out here, I will let everyone know when things are changing. For now, if you wish to play on beta, it should be open.

-t

No, though the port in locs are just a matter of me needing to swap x and y in some places. Old clients had them swapped (why, I don't know), so now in the new client, they are backward, which is why in Erudin, for example, you end up in the middle of the ocean. So this is just a matter of me sitting down and doing it, it's not hard.

Boats I forget what their deal is - I haven't put much effort into them because we have the translocators all over, but I suspect that should be easy to fix too. Both are on the bug list.

Honestly, my #1 and #2 priorities are spells and AAs now that we seem to have CPU and memory usage under control.

No, though the port in locs are just a matter of me needing to swap x and y in some places. Old clients had them swapped (why, I don't know), so now in the new client, they are backward, which is why in Erudin, for example, you end up in the middle of the ocean. So this is just a matter of me sitting down and doing it, it's not hard.

Boats I forget what their deal is - I haven't put much effort into them because we have the translocators all over, but I suspect that should be easy to fix too. Both are on the bug list.

Honestly, my #1 and #2 priorities are spells and AAs now that we seem to have CPU and memory usage under control.

Can we just flat out eliminate boats and keep the translators lol? I hated boats on live for the years there were a thing, I hate them here!

Can we just flat out eliminate boats and keep the translators lol? I hated boats on live for the years there were a thing, I hate them here!

But what about your complete and total immersion within the fantasy world??

My characters magic spells every time I log in. Some times they even gate neck lol :)

It won't break immersion. A wizard can TL you already. All it needs is a story behind it like: Translocators are the chosen of the gods to lighten your loads in life. Make every translocator into a specie you find on the planes, with a name that sounds plane like. Done!

Lore of why they don't take you to planes or starter cities (like the MoP) would be easy too. Planes would be obvious reason. The MoP reason could be the chaotic magic permeating from the portal destabilizes even the gods power. Why did MoP not connect to the gods then? Our gods are not of importance to them.

Might we get a DB update so new peeps can test 2.5? Right now I get an error when trying to login, but works fine on SoD live.

Sure, let me see if I can make that happen. It will be an account sync at this point however, not a character sync as that's quite a bit harder. I will post when that's done.

Been trying nightly, still no luck. =/ Guess I assumed an account sync wasn't a time intensive chore. Enjoying the server, though.

How's this looking? Is there anything we can do to help test or push this out soon? Or is 2.5 mostly on hold pending the completed implementation of the Halloween quest?

Yeah I had to finish Halloween. Good news is that's done now. I have a few minor tasks to help with, but 2.5 is about to get much more of my attention.

You may want to be around tonight... :)

No promises on exact time, but looks like the patch got everything in, so it's just a matter of rolling out some new scripts.

Back
Top Bottom