Upcoming patch

Rymy

Developer
Staff member
DISCLAIMER:
There will be a patch soon, not sure of what day exactly. What I've been working on the last month or 2 is a significant refactor/re-merge of eqemu code back into 2.5, mainly revolving around raids. There WILL BE NEW BUGS. If it's horrible, we can revert back and I can re-analyze. But hopefully, overall it's better. Please report them here or message me on discord. If they're reproducible, the more information the better.

BUG FIXES:
-Dec 23rd "everyone is in a raid (in some zones) bug": I still have no idea what caused this. No server code has changed in months. I'm hoping the re-write I did will fix some strange hole in server code (I was able to reproduce similar issues in test) or maybe it was santa troll cursing our lands. Let's just hope this is gone.
-1 bug that was related to the Dec23rd bug is fixed. It goes something like this:
Person A, B, C, D, make a raid. A, B, C leave the raid.
Person A tries to invite person E in a group, but it can't because the game things Person A is still in a raid with Person D who didn't disband the old raid.
-The slew of group bugs where you were the leader, disbanded someone and it showed you in group but didn't update properly should all be gone. As well as the bug where you needed someone else to invite you to group to fix this. As well as the even weirder bug where you straight up couldn't invite people at all.
-Going linkdead won't remove you from group, bugging the raid. And if you do leave the raid, it shouldn't bug it. To be consistent with eqemu logic, if you leave a group (not in a raid), you will be dropped from the group. As a group leader, if you disband with yourself targetted, a new leader will be appointed, but if you disband with nobody targeted, the groop poofs.
-The slew of bugs where you couldn't see people in your groups/raid groups mana should be gone.
-Raid bug where if you had groups 1, 2, and 3, and group 3 completely disbanded and were raid invited again, they would show up ungrouped should be fixed.
-Remove all raids on server startup to prevent future weird bugs
-/disband and /raiddisband should actually work
-Teleport bug: if you ever noticed that the bug where you couldn't teleport everyone in your group to a spot in the same zone (looking at you prison) it's because the order of people getting teleported was random (or rather, the order in which the group/raid teleport was calculated would go based on the order of who joined the raid 1st). So what would happen is that the person who casted would get ported and then everyone else in the raid port failed the distance check (too far away) when they were attempted to port. Made the person who casted the port always get ported last to alleviate this. Just a little fyi if people were confused about the randomness of this all.

ENHANCEMENTS:
-Disbanding from raid will automatically disband you from group too
-The raid leader tool (which allows you lock/unlock move groups around) should be mostly/fully functional (from limited testing). I would recommend using the crap out of the raid leader tool, it seems to work pretty well.
-Assigning a new raid leader should work too.
-Raid leader can actually remove people from raid wit the "Disband" button in the raid tool.

Other notes:
-Changed the cooldown on the /cm refresh to 30 seconds command since it just essentially zones out and back in.

Assuming this patch goes OK,
Here is what I plan on looking at next:
-any other group/raid issues that come up
-tome of the swift fix
-LFP tool (looking for players tool)
-/cm rewind command more reliable and/or look into mob pathing work that was started
-look into workarounds to make worn item effects work
-why the /who command doesn't work 100%
-(Other 2.5 core bugs that I haven't had time to look at recently because I've been wrapped up in this current rewrite).

And Pending slaar approval:
-A number of balancing items/class tomes (things I haven't talked to Slaar about but I feel should happen. Things like making really bad class tomes not so bad or at least situational, other quality of life changes.)
-Implementing unused class tomes

Last edited:
If it's the weekends and you need help in war zone testing stuff I'm willing to help. You planning on making a thread for inputs on in implemented tomes or shitty tomes?

Thanks for putting effort into this game. I hope you plan to share some of the future balancing publicly before implementing them. Or at the very least seek some kind of thoughts from some of the very experienced players.

Awesome job !! Thank you for your hard work Rymy. I hope there will be patch notes so the community is able to see the server is still being worked on :)

Another future thing to possibly talk to Slaar about implimenting- expendable AA's ? I think that's what they were called on live years ago. Allows you to spend like 5aa's to give you bonus multipliers to crit heals/magic dd/cold dd/ fire dd/ run speed/ hp boost/ melee mitigation, etc, but these effects last for a short time.

So for most players, this might be too many AA's to spend for what you get, but if you're already towards end-game and you already have 100-900aa's banked, at least we can put those AA's to use, give us something to work for if we are max'd tomes, and it'd ought to help out your guild break into new/tougher content.

And Pending slaar approval:
-A number of balancing items/class tomes (things I haven't talked to Slaar about but I feel should happen. Things like making really bad class tomes not so bad or at least situational, other quality of life changes.)
-Implementing unused class tomes
As much as I appreciate everything you're doing regarding bug fixes and what not, this last bit of text really makes me excited to maybe play the game again.

So the patch was briefly up and there was a crash that people found that I didn't have while testing. I do have logs, but for that brief time the patch was up (patch was taken out 1/14 4pm est) can anyone give any information about what exact action was causing the crash? Were you in a group? Was it on an attack? did you have pet? etc etc.

Last edited:
Zones appeard to be crashing willy-nilly, not because of player actions like before. I was the only person in a zone that crashed (erudin palace) and I didn't do any actions or spells or anything. I was able to log in a banker parked there but the zone was down without a disconnect message by the time I got back to him wile trading stuff. When I tried to re-log the crashed banker and I got a message at the character select screen saying that the zone was unavailable.

Back
Top Bottom