Unable to progress quest: Those who hunt hunters

bergermeister

Dalayan Beginner
I am unable to progress the quest, Those who hunt hunters, on my bard, Faeelen.
Faeelen's journal entry states:
A contract on my life has been taken, and the assassin Raptor is on my trail. He must be stopped before he endangers everything I've worked for. Until that happens I cannot return to the rebel valley. Rorlna will be my only contact, and she will meet me behind the Citadel of the Claw as needed, where I met with Girix so long ago.

Raptor's aggro text remains the same:
Raptor says, 'So you've found me Faeelen? Let's see if the rumors of your strength are accurate.

I have killed Raptor 4 times (once in The Murk, and three times in Prophet's Landing). To clarify, I have brought him from 100% health down to 0% health and looted his corpse. Each time he drops his staff and charm. He never runs.
I have attempted killing Raptor via:
1. Kiting with Relic: Chant of Destruction and Tuyen's Chant of the Plague as DoTs via /melody and Selo's Accelerating Chorus and Relic: Lcea's Lament as beneficial songs
2. Initiating combat in melee until I land a hit, then kiting.
3. Kiting until Raptor is at 19%, engaging in combat until I land a hit, then kiting the remainder of his health

I have attempted the fight with Shaman Buffs and with no buffs.
If I have Shaman buffs, I am able to kite Raptor with no trouble.
If I have no buffs, Raptor will root me with Web of Chains for 30s. I survive this root by chain stunning Raptor with bellows, then resume kiting until he is dead.

I am able to meet Rorlna in Dreadlands, behind the citadel. She does not acknowledge the Raptor kill.

I think you have to do the final fight in field of bone if you're getting this trigger but not the next flag. I too was having issues but Crabstervius showed me around and helped me finish it. See if you can do the island fight in FoB or ask in ooc

I think you have to do the final fight in field of bone if you're getting this trigger but not the next flag. I too was having issues but Crabstervius showed me around and helped me finish it. See if you can do the island fight in FoB or ask in ooc
I tried going straight to the FoB fight and found Raptor, but he will not speak with me. I've attached a screenshot of the encounter.
Raptor says the expected: Raptor says, 'Ah, I was beginning to think you wouldn't show. Come, let's talk.'
But he does not respond to my hails. I also tried #d1 and #d2, but received "You have no active dialogue choice with the number #1/#2"
I assume he will not respond to me since I'm not flagged for the final fight yet.

Attachments

• Raptor-FoB.png
    Raptor-FoB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
I seem to recall a workaround for the raptor final fight was something like approach slowly from the north.

I seem to recall a workaround for the raptor final fight was something like approach slowly from the north.
I appreciate the input. However, I was bugged with the initial Raptor fights. Raptor never issued the FoB challenge.
I worked with Dev-Immac and managed to get Raptor to run at the 75% mark. So far I've been able to get Raptor to run away at the 60% and 40% marks without Dev support.
I'm hopeful that my character/approach is fixed.

Dev-Immac seemed to think it may be a DPS issue and suggested I use throwing weapons/bellows to supplement my DoTs.
I modified my approach to include throwing Darts of Doom summoned by a mage via /autofire.
I don't believe I've landed a single hit with them, but my thought is that it keeps combat active while DoTs alone may have let combat toggle on/off without any indication in the logs.

Back
Top Bottom