Unable to Contact SOD

Aaloo

Dalayan Adventurer
So here is my scenario. I click "patch and run". I get a window that says unable to contact SOD and asks me to check and make sure I can connect to sod.com via IE. Done and can do. I click ok and another window pops telling me there were errors while patching. Says this can happen if I have another EQ client running (which I dont). It then asks if I want to run EQ, yes or no blah blah. My concern is I am not patching updates as needed. Any insight or a fresh install (boo).

repatch all is the first go to response, as well as making sure you picked the right exe file. if you do have to reinstall I went with the steam FTP version to make sure I have all expansions prepped for 3.0 and worked without a hitch.

repatch all is the first go to response, as well as making sure you picked the right exe file. if you do have to reinstall I went with the steam FTP version to make sure I have all expansions prepped for 3.0 and worked without a hitch.

Steam FTP replays a weird "Luclin files are missing" error that causes no trouble.

So when I hit view log this is what I see :

Starting SoD Patcher version 1.91 at 10/18/13 - 23:41:08
Retrieving patcher CRC.
ERROR! Unable to open URL /patchlist.php?file=patcher
WARNING! Checksum retrieved for patcher is incorrect length 0. Ignoring new version.
ERROR! Unable to open URL /patch_diag.php?code=0
ERROR! Unable to open URL /patchlist.php
Loading server file list from /patchlist.php
Unable to retrieve server file list from /patchlist.php
Loading local file list from C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Shards of Dalaya\sodfiles.txt

I have tried reinstalling and still have this issue. I used the files for only if the patcher doesn't work, but still would like to try an fix this. Any help is appreciated.

There is something blocking the SoDPatcher program from reaching out of your PC to the internet. Are you absolutely sure there is no firewall or ipblocker keeping it down?

There is something blocking the SoDPatcher program from reaching out of your PC to the internet. Are you absolutely sure there is no firewall or ipblocker keeping it down?

Maybe talk to Tani? I know they had trouble with their ISP-host blocking SoD by default years ago.

I would check for firewalls, ipblockers, or some weird AV issue, disable all that stuff and try again.

If that doesn't work, how is your network setup, do you have a router/modem combo or separate devices? If Separate make sure proper ports are forwarded on the router, if they are, bypass the router and go straight to the modem to see if the issue exists there.

If you have a modem/router combo, ugh I hate those things, they can manifest weird problems, although it is not definitively that causing the problem, I would recommend for sanities sake to get your own router and have your ISP put the modem in bridge mode.

If none of that works, if you can, install titanium client EQ on another computer, and test to see if it's osmething with your computer or not, if it works on another computer then it's something weird with yours, if not it's likely something with your modem/ISP causing the problem

*this is all assuming you have everything setup properly from the install, i.e. selected the right executable*

Last edited:
What was the path you installed EQ into initially?
are you pointing the sodpatcher.exe to the correct folder/path?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this was solved.

He has been raiding with us for a few days now.

Scratch all of this. I think I fixed this issue. Thanks to everyone whom made me realize I'm a donkey!

Last edited:
I am having the exact same issue. Tried a fresh install, Titanium, with no luck. Also tried bypassing the wireless router and plugging my computer into the modem.

Does anyone know how this was resolved?

Last edited:
I'm still having this problem. Any solution?

Starting SoD Patcher version 1.92 at 08/04/14 - 18:23:28
Retrieving patcher CRC.
WARNING! Checksum retrieved for patcher is incorrect length 0. Ignoring new version.
Loading local file list from C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Shards of Dalaya\sodfiles.txt

Specifically, my log file shows the following errors.

Starting SoD Patcher version 1.90 at 08/08/14 - 18:54:54
Retrieving patcher CRC.
Loading local file list from C:\Users\Brendan\AppData\Roaming\Shards of Dalaya\sodfiles.txt

Does anyone have any insight? I would love to play this weekend.

Last edited:
just guessing, but it seems to me that the site is being blocked by something.

i'd try several things.
1) another pc if able, to see if you can narrow the problem down to a specific pc.
2) remove any pc security software. i.e firewalls, security software, malware shields, AV software also.
3) try another isp? can tether from smartphones, SoD doesn't use much data at all, i've played on mine tethering and a week or so only takes around 100 - 200 mb of data.
(this can troubleshoot an isp issue)
4) make sure you router is not blocking anything as well, if you have one that is.

open a command prompt and see if you can ping
ping 184.107.119.101
and
ping 184.107.119.101:5997

Back
Top Bottom