Two same loots on a named

Dzillon

Dalayan Master
So it's a rather old problem, but is it still intended that we get the same loot twice (lore items most of the time) on a named ? It's not because it sucks, apparently it could happen with 2 good loots or 2 bads indifferently (we have had 2xnecklaces and 2x caster earring on Seductress in the rather recent past, I won't blame RNG), but the thought itself of seeing two lore items together makes me :psyduck:.

I 'm obviously not talking of the potential 3rd item a named can drop thanks to class diversity btw. If it's intended ok I won't go further there might be a reason ; but if it's not would it be possible to look at mobs loottables or stuff like that ?

Hrm, I've seen this quite a bit, but never thought on posting it. Just last night a group of us were bored & took out Plaguefang in hopes of a couple drops for alts, ended up with rotting two muck covered clogs.

So it's a rather old problem, but is it still intended that we get the same loot twice (lore items most of the time) on a named ? It's not because it sucks, apparently it could happen with 2 good loots or 2 bads indifferently (we have had 2xnecklaces and 2x caster earring on Seductress in the rather recent past, I won't blame RNG), but the thought itself of seeing two lore items together makes me :psyduck:.

I 'm obviously not talking of the potential 3rd item a named can drop thanks to class diversity btw. If it's intended ok I won't go further there might be a reason ; but if it's not would it be possible to look at mobs loottables or stuff like that ?

This has been brought up previously iirc, and also iirc the answer was WAI. It is both awesome, and bad. Sure you can get two fleshblisters, but you can also get 2 soulspikes, or two lockets of endless intellect, etc. Changing it really is just a zero sum game. You win some, you lose some. Fine as it is.

If it is changed to only allow max one of an item from a boss mob, the drop rates will need to be tweaked as well across the board

It happens a whole lot less then it once did I actually thought it was removed completely until like 2-3 weeks ago and seen it happen 3 times since then.

I still see no confirmation if it's intended or not officially. I guess I just can't accept the thought of two lore items simultaneously.

If it is changed to only allow max one of an item from a boss mob, the drop rates will need to be tweaked as well across the board
This sounds not right, what would it change ? probabilities remain the same.
Or maybe this code in itself makes common items even more common?

I still see no confirmation if it's intended or not officially.

intended isn't really the issue if i understand it correctly. Whether its intended or not, the big people don't plan on changing it because its an underlying factor in how things work ATM, and they like how things work atm.

zaela said:
Also, I don't see what is so wrong about two copies of a lore item when you have more than one potential looter.
vowels' problem is that the mob is cheating, not that you need two separate looters.

Back
Top Bottom