ToT Mending Flames Clicky for Bard, Bst, Monk

Hyoren

Dalayan Adventurer
Reason: Good to have for very bad situations.

Idea 1: Implementation of another ToT weapon for Bard, Bst, Monk Only (1HB) that gives the clicky effect.

Idea2: Implementation of a quest from Victoria Cromwell for Bard, Bst, Monk only. She tells you that if you reforge 2 weapons with your class on it (Ragecaller/Searfist or Flamescar/Stoneculler) and turn them in to her as proof, she will give you the option to turn one of the weapons (both if you guys are mean! or none if you guys are super nice!) into an item with the Mending Flames clicky on it.

Casters also do not get a Mending Flames clicky, so I'd say your basis to ask for this is... flawed.

Sure, selfheal clickys are nice to have, but I do not think that they are mandatory nor that anyone is entiteled to them.

There is a Claw Commander pantaloons thing that clicks Taraztu's Healing Flames which is probably about as good as you'll get. That monster is such a big time investment since the change though. I don't like to do it, but maybe you will.

Nwaij, casters also get Burning Aura which is a heal...

Zapple, Mending Flames is also a overhaste/atk buff which can be helpful in situations where you need to burn things.

Eisley, no this is Hyo.

Iono to me I feel it could be a game changer from an on tier perspective but I'm in a guild that boxes overtiered toons for stuff maybe someone from Prophecy that doesnt use ringers could comment if it would make a diff or not.

Anywho it's just a suggestion hence suggestion thread. Just coming from a fairness standpoint of why not these 3 classes shouldn't get a clicky as well from a horrid long quest :). If you can find a reason why these 3 classes shouldn't get fairplay on a clicky as well by all means tell me :)

Last edited:
Rangers should get a Infernal Healing Clicky.

It's just a suggestion hence suggestion thread. Just coming from a fairness standpoint of why not this Ranger class shouldn't get a clicky as well from a horrid long quest :). If you can find a reason why this Ranger class shouldn't get fairplay on a clicky as well by all means tell me :)

... This thread makes my awful posting look like Shakespeare

Last edited:
Kedrin, you already get a clicky, Flarewynd has mending flames...oh look I found a reason :)

Last edited:
Nwaij, casters also get Burning Aura which is a heal...

mindfire is a 950 heal, 2 hour cooldown, essentially all it does is lower mana cost by 2/3rd for 13-18 seconds, which can be described as somewhere between "not very good" and "sure why not," which is why mindfire is pretty well accepted to be mediocre and would be the worst if not for the fact that the ones without clickies just end up in the bank as you progress, but ashpyre/flarewynd/mindfire will always stay on you.

the bow is a 1600 base heal on a 13 min cooldown, overhaste (which does nothing at all if you have fiery), and 40 atk. it is extremely good, not even really comparable to mindfire in terms of usefulness as a heal.

Eisley, no this is Hyo.

making a s&r thread where your argument basically boils down to "add this thing because it is a thing that i want" typically aren't well received. some classes only get one ToT weapon - beastlords get two, including one of them that has the best ratio in the entire game for a h2h weapon against planar elemental mobs - a VERY common mob type for raid bosses.

making a s&r thread where your argument basically boils down to "add this thing because it is a thing that i want" typically aren't well received.

I see your point but I think to some extent all people who make S&R threads are going by this. You the player has an issue, you the player wants a change, and you the player makes a S&R.

I was hoping to get some replies in the thread from ontier monks, bst, bards to see their take on it so I made said post, but so far none have made a reply about the idea yet.

Also just because you make a S&R post doesn't mean it will happen, its S&R for a reason. For people who may have thought of the idea, may have never even thought about it, or just want to bring something to the attention of others.

I see your point but I think to some extent all people who make S&R threads are going by this. You the player has an issue, you the player wants a change, and you the player makes a S&R.

I was hoping to get some replies in the thread from ontier monks, bst, bards to see their take on it so I made said post, but so far none have made a reply about the idea yet.

Also just because you make a S&R post doesn't mean it will happen, its S&R for a reason. For people who may have thought of the idea, may have never even thought about it, or just want to bring something to the attention of others.

Did you read the sticky from Woldaff at the top of this forum? It pretty clearly states you should have an actual argument instead of just "I want this because someone else has it and I want it."

What kind of responses do you expect from on-tier monks, beasts, and bards? Your question is essentially this: "Do you want a very powerful thing?" What do you think they will say? Why would I want to turn in my banked ToT weapons for one of the most coveted clickies in the entire game? No thanks.

Look, I'm not trying to troll you. We play together in-game pretty frequently, we raid in the same guild, I was very good friends with your brother. I'm just trying to explain why posts like this will be ignored by the staff. I've been around awhile, I've been banned and unbanned from these forums multiple times, I've been banned and unbanned in game, I've been jailed probably close to twenty times over the years. And I've made a bunch of threads in this forum and I'm pretty sure every single one has been ignored.

You gave a one sentence explanation for why you think this should be added. Nwaij gave you a reasonable explanation and Zapple offered an alternative that beastlords DO get. If your argument was something more along the lines of "these are the only 3 classes that don't get a ToT weapon with a clicky" then you may gain some traction - but even that is dubious because Ragecaller and Searfist are both amazing for when you can get them (t8-9)- like I said, Searfist is a viable weapon at tier 13 on some fights. It's also been discussed before, and no one is entitled to anything - either a ToT weapon itself or a certain ability on said item. Bards are probably the only class who can formulate a believable argument that they are left out in the ToT weapon scene. But they benefit greatly in other areas that other classes don't (4.3), so... you know, sometimes the whole thing is a wash. But hey, they can viably pledge Tarhyl!

It's funny because I was at work today and I was thinking back on what exactly I put as an explanation and its pretty terrible I won't lie.

The reason I thought it might be viable for a change was because:

1. Response time and speed of use. Inventory clickies(IC) are on a whole nother level compared to must wear clickies(MWC). Sometimes you get in a crunch type situation and you won't have time to swap that MWC in. Not all people are elite/good players like yourself so we have slower reaction times like normal people or flub from panic. Having an IC on your hotkey for a burst heal in emergency situations could be game changing because you can prob just have survived long enough by clicking that for your healer to pull off a fast heal on you once your tank was situated. From an on tier standpoint 1 loss DPS would be bad in a 6man situation.

2. MWC break stance when you equip them. Sometimes your healer needs to heal the tank but your tanking something and taking pretty heavy dmg, you need an extra heal boost (aside from your heal for bst, or mend for monk) before your healer can heal you but swapping that MWC in will break your defensive stance.

It's funny because I was at work today and I was thinking back on what exactly I put as an explanation and its pretty terrible I won't lie.

The reason I thought it might be viable for a change was because:

1. Response time and speed of use. Inventory clickies(IC) are on a whole nother level compared to must wear clickies(MWC). Sometimes you get in a crunch type situation and you won't have time to swap that MWC in. Not all people are elite/good players like yourself so we have slower reaction times like normal people or flub from panic. Having an IC on your hotkey for a burst heal in emergency situations could be game changing because you can prob just have survived long enough by clicking that for your healer to pull off a fast heal on you once your tank was situated. From an on tier standpoint 1 loss DPS would be bad in a 6man situation.

2. MWC break stance when you equip them. Sometimes your healer needs to heal the tank but your tanking something and taking pretty heavy dmg, you need an extra heal boost (aside from your heal for bst, or mend for monk) before your healer can heal you but swapping that MWC in will break your defensive stance.

Maybe you should test things before you make incorrect posts?

I maybe be new to playing a beastlord but healing yourself / anticipating damage is not only the healers job but everyones job. If you know some big aoe is going to happen and you do not /s 7 then its on you. If you do not use your heals to heal yourself as a hybrid its on you again.

Everyone wants to be at the top of the DPS charts and not have to worry about healing yourself but if the fight is so crazy where the healer cannot heal you then you should be helping him out by healing yourself / taking care of yourself.

For the most part when im playing my shaman on raids and someone in vent calls for a quick heal i will send them one his way. If your healer is knee deep in main tank healing ask someone else too.

TL:DR - Beastlords get heals, and they get /s 7. if you dont use them then something is wrong.

Maybe you should test things before you make incorrect posts?
Your right there so scratch #2, have never swapped in /s 7 before, my bad on that guess it only break offensive stances. But I think #1 is still a pretty good reason.

Mindfire cool down is so much longer compared to ashpyre and flarewynd. I think that should be looked at considering it isn't really a big heal or it's effect really isn't game changing with its current cool down. My 2cp.

Mindfire cool down is so much longer compared to ashpyre and flarewynd. I think that should be looked at considering it isn't really a big heal or it's effect really isn't game changing with its current cool down. My 2cp.

If anything, shouldn't it be looked at if it is gamechanging with a reduced cooldown then, and ideally before that happened?

how deeply do you need to look at a 66% mana cost reduction for 13-18 seconds to determine if it is "game changing" or not. the 2 hour cooldown never made sense, honestly i thought it was a bug

Back
Top Bottom