Tmap quests

i think they are looking for an incentive to do vd and ed maps. If you look at the market price for a vd map compared to a d map, they are roughly equal, with d maps having a slight edge due to ridiculous demand. If there was another tmap quest with better rewards than what the other ones offer, but the last piece had to drop from a VD map, then demand for those maps would increase.

I support adding a quest piece for vd maps, making them more attractive to do. As for ED maps? i can't say as i've never done them

Just an FYI, those items were designed a long time ago. I'm talking probably close to 3 years ago at this point. The shield was created back when IP had just been introduced (actually, maybe even before that), and the Lifeward quest wasn't available at the time. Back then, all of those items were beyond superb for the difficulty of obtaining them, and what was available elsewhere.

Now? Probably not so much -- new zones have been added and harder single-group content has introduced some dungeon loot that comes close to it; there are also a lot more raid targets around that "tier" of item, so the likelihood of finding an item that competes with each of those is fairly high.

Xeldan said:
Just an FYI, those items were designed a long time ago. I'm talking probably close to 3 years ago at this point. The shield was created back when IP had just been introduced (actually, maybe even before that), and the Lifeward quest wasn't available at the time. Back then, all of those items were beyond superb for the difficulty of obtaining them, and what was available elsewhere.

Now? Probably not so much -- new zones have been added and harder single-group content has introduced some dungeon loot that comes close to it; there are also a lot more raid targets around that "tier" of item, so the likelihood of finding an item that competes with each of those is fairly high.
So, maybe a change on the items would be nice, dont you agree? Is easier to find stuff like them all over the zones

I don't know. I consider them fine as they are.

What would you want to add to a + 125hp/ +3% aggression item for a tank, when you keep in mind it comes from a tier 0 quest? Sure AC is a bit low, but I'll take it as it is anyday, and so would many others I guess.

When you look closer at them, although they have small flaws, none can be replaced easily. I have to look forward tier 3/4 mobs to think of a good replacement. For me, that's a sign for a powerfull item.
And besides the healers orb, it's pretty much the same for all of the others.

On the other hand, upgrading it with VD, and ED drops via a quest would be awesome.

For the record, xeldan's use of 'close' is extremely generous. The best dungeon loot is still 2-3 tiers behind this stuff, it just used to be 3-4 tiers behind instead.

Back
Top Bottom