Tmap quests

brasileira

Dalayan Elder
Hello again,

Well after looking for upgrades in wiki for myself. Found some from D-Tmaps.

Found some like:

Code:
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: Hands
AC: 14
Skill Mod: Dual Wield +5
Focus Effect: Casting Speed Increment IV
STR: +3 DEX: +15 AGI: +3 HP: +55 MANA: +40
Aggression: +1% Critical Strike: +1%
WT: 2.1 Size: SMALL
Class: WAR RNG MNK BRD ROG BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, type 2: empty
Code:
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: FINGERS
AC: 10
Skill Mod: Parry +15
STA: +12 AGI: +5 HP: +80 MANA: +50
SVFIRE: +5 SVDISEASE: +5 SVCOLD: +5 SVMAGIC: +5 SVPOISON: +5
Recommended Level of 50.
WT: 2.0 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL

Code:
[MAGIC ITEM][LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 17
DMG: 9 AC: 25
Skill Mod: Parry +5
DEX: +20 AGI: +20 HP: +45 MANA: +25
Damage Reduction: +1
WT: 0.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR RNG BRD ROG SHM BST

And many others.... then I recalled from the quest that made.
So i bough a few to go after this nice rewards, after 5 D tmaps one drop from the Crystal Music Box. (kinda rare the drop) I won from 12 people after it.

There it was... (image from all 4 the rewards)

I stopped a second and figured that was alot of work and cash spent (to buy the maps) to get that earring.

And what i had?

Code:
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Slot: EAR
AC: 8
DEX: +8 AGI: +10 HP: +85
WT: 1.0 Size: SMALL
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK BRD ROG BST
Slot 1: Type 3

So.. it isnt a great upgrade. If you stop to think about. its no really a big upgrade. Of course the critical helps alot.

But if you analize against all the other rewards ...the tmaps quest isnt so good.

Take for example the Healers one.

Its secondary, and mostly all the healers that doesnt have ultra-super-items, either use Lifeward or SoF. Which are awesome items.

And by that time.. doing all the d t-maps, they could come across a

Code:
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: WRIST RANGE
AC: 10
Skill Mod: Defense +1
Effect: Recovery IV
Focus Effect: Healing Increment V
CHA: +5
SV Poison: +15 SV Magic: +10 SV Disease: +15 SV Fire: +10 SV Cold: +10
Required Level:
WT: 0.2 Size: Tiny
Class: CLR PAL DRU MNK SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC

Which is pretty cool, too.

Well my point in here is that. The dificulty to do a Dificult Tmap (from looting/buying one to getting 2 parties up) is hard and adding that the items from the quests are not so common, i state my opinion here: The quest rewards are not up to the hard work (easier to make SoF quest + a D tmap) to have heal inc 5 and crit chance, then just trying to complete the quest. Same for all other classes.

And another thing is that the rewards doesnt have anything intersting (Like: omg this feature is awesome).
Maybe a righ click, or a focus spell, crits, w/e added to them would make alot more intersting to go after the rewards.

Edit: Maybe adding a chance to have drop from V.D. and E.D. tmaps quests item, which you could "upgrade" your previous quest item, would be also intersting

Considering the time involved with obtaining the quest reward I think an upgrade via VD and ED drops would be pretty neat.

The treasure hunting quest rewards have always bugged me a bit...

Tmap loot has a cool uniqueness to it, for example carrying little mind ward bonuses and having unique clicky and worn effects and such, but the quest rewards are really plain cookiecutter items and don't seem to have anything neat going for them, adding clickies and some random stats to them would be one way to make them feel more like tmap loot and make them stand out a bit more.

For example:

Melee could have a clicky Boon of the Garou every 15 minutes
Priest could have a clicky small stamina heal over time every 30 mins
Int caster could have beguiling visage on a 30 min recast
Tank maybe haunting visage
etc.

While I would love the idea of continuing the tmap item quests with pieces from VD and ED maps, I think the INT caster and melee DPS rewards are easily the best. 80 mana and 3% crit strike aren't too marginal upgrade in your ear slot (though as a ranger im sure you would have preferred some more dps stats than that mana), and as far as I know there are two other items in the GAME with crit strike like that, Ghuros and Klazka.

maybe i'm just a noob, but i've been wanting the 15ac 125 hp 3% aggression range for a while now, just need a few more peices

Oh jesus 3% crit earring is amazing I would probably go insane thinking of ways that thing could be upgraded

Honestly, the rewards are fine except the healer item which I agree, is easily surpassed by SoF or Lifeward. But then, SoF and Lifeward are FAR more time consuming so of course they're better. The DPS earring is frankly a must have for any DPS class and I've gone out of my way to try and get one for my rogue. A way to upgrade the items with a VD/ED thing would be really cool, I'll admit. But the items are fantastic as they are.

And honestly, what are you losing by doing maps? Yeah, the quest is hard to complete, but maps are good exp, good money, and nice drops for the group. It's not like you're getting nothing out of it while trying to get the item.

I think the melee reward could use a boost, maybe reducing the mana by 40 and adding 20 hp to it, or at least some resists. Theres a very easy to obtain Earring from Torment that has only 1 % Crit strike, but 20 Resists, more HP and Ferocity. I basically never did the quest on my monk because it would have just been a waste, and id rather collect the quest items on some INT caster alt of mine... I just dont think youre gonna keep this item in your equipment just for its superior Crit Strike %, unless you are a rogue.. and seriously.. BST are already complaining about always having too much mana, same issue as with ranger, and the overall stats of this earring seem to suffer alot from the + mana boost

I mean, Healers get Healing Increment VI which you wont even find outside of the raidgame, the tank range wont get upgraded very fast either, and FT2 on a bracer of that tier, well its just awsome.
Dont get me wrong, its not a bad earring, but much easier replacable than any of the other rewards.

Plus i really support the idea of having this quest "continue" on D/VD maps => But thats another point

are people talking like.... After you complete the first 4 pieces, she asks for a few more pieces from the harder maps to get an even better reward?
Or the entire quest includes the harder maps as well?
Sorta gunning for that Range tanking item, as it'll be hard to replace for awhile.

Lilbrateeboie said:
are people talking like.... After you complete the first 4 pieces, she asks for a few more pieces from the harder maps to get an even better reward?
Or the entire quest includes the harder maps as well?
Sorta gunning for that Range tanking item, as it'll be hard to replace for awhile.

It seems to me that people are asking for:

First four pieces gets you X ( The current Quest Rewards)

X + a VD piece gets you Y

Y + a ED piece gets you Z

This would allow the item to scale with you and the Tmaps you are capable of doing.

Tempus said:

This would allow the item to scale with you and the Tmaps you are capable of doing.

<3 this idea. Or perhaps even a drastic redesign like this for example.

4 pieces from VE maps => approximate tier based reward for ve
4 pieces from E maps => approximate tier based reward for e
and so on and so on.

I think it would make for a bit less drudgery in collecting the pieces tier by tier, as characters at a higher tier do not want to be doing like 20 ve maps for a reward that may (in the case of the healer shield) be already mostly useless for them. Not to mention the lack of difficulty in the VE tier. Also characters at the approximate tier would be able to complete a quest for an appropriate item without having to drastically advance their character from start to finish, which should certainly be a boon to casual players who like to quest.

Now as for ed...that would be a toughie under that system. Realistically no one would be picking up 4 pieces from ed maps simply based on the rarity of the maps themselves at the rarity of the pieces if it went by a 4piece system. Few ideas in regards to that

Appropriate reward for each tier (IE each of the 4 items for your class range) + 1 questpiece from ED=> New ED reward

That would still accomplish a timesink, without being a ludicrous one.

Another way to go would be a ve run of items (4 for example) + a certain amount from each later tier (4 from E, maybe 3 from mod, 2 from D, 1 from vd, and 1 from ed) with each turnin requiring the reward before it (different from previous scenario I think, as you would still need to work up tierwise, creating a larger timesink). Kinda like

VE reward+ the 4 easy pieces combine in a box given by questgiver=> Bamf u-u-upgrade complete.
Then
Easy reward + the mod items=> upgrade completed

etc. It could even put in a lore idea similar to the ytrazliarch line. Where one seeks out particular items upon direction from an npc in order to improve the effectiveness and usefulness of said item.

Now on to another idea insofar as the items go. Perhaps higher into the tier a clicky effect could be added. Say around D or VD tier. That being the ultimate goal one would shoot for. This way, even after being replaced, or not needing the item, there is still a bit of incentive to progress through this quest line, Even if the item itself has fallen into the won't wear it, better gear scenario.

That seems like extreme overkill to me. My proposal would just add 1 new item to the loot table for VD and ED maps, and then just require each of the 4 quest rewards be given 2 upgraded versions.

I would just like to see each of the 4 items get a minor boost by obtaining a rare drop from a VD and then an ED map. (I.e. regular -> ornate -> combine armor)

Tempus said:
That seems like extreme overkill to me. My proposal would just add 1 new item to the loot table for VD and ED maps, and then just require each of the 4 quest rewards be given 2 upgraded versions.

I would just like to see each of the 4 items get a minor boost by obtaining a rare drop from a VD and then an ED map. (I.e. regular -> ornate -> combine armor)

Sounds good to me, I was just thinking it might have been a bit too little of a timesink, so decided to go with extreme propositions first, rather than something that might be too low of one. Though I'd still like to see clicky effect, that is kinda like combine now that I think of it.

Tempus said:

Yep that would be nive to see, and boost VD tmaps into market.

But melee's earring should have a change.. maybet get out critical and get in ferocity

Tempus said:

This was what I had in mind. I be excited to see this implemented if its going to be.

But melee's earring should have a change.. maybet get out critical and get in ferocity
Not even looking at your fomelo but I guess you don't need the crit %, but you're not ALONE in the game, a lot of peops would kill for that simply because they can't yet get other stuff like what Tyrone was talking about.
Don't try to scale changes to your needs :psyduck:
Agree with Lance, the rewards are all very good.
Agree also with Tempus upgrades via VD & ED, maybe not huge but add a little each time.

Dzillon said:
Not even looking at your fomelo but I guess you don't need the crit %, but you're not ALONE in the game, a lot of peops would kill for that simply because they can't yet get other stuff like what Tyrone was talking about.
Don't try to scale changes to your needs :psyduck:

Obviously he has 13% Crit Strike (3% over the cap)...

I would add that of course melees are more difficult to please than other sets of classes by nature. Some will complain, others will love it.
Keep in mind you don't need a raid to obtain this, like you don't need a raid to obtain super nice items like a mantle of the forest - oh wait you're wearing one - or high end blacksmithed stuff that are already being poundered on other threads.

INC thread hijack : as it was said some time ago, WRU BST useable Loop of Hatred ? :p it was pointed as an oversight list time I saw it discussed and was gonna remain ENC useable for fun but added BST.

Dzillon said:
I would add that of course melees are more difficult to please than other sets of classes by nature. Some will complain, others will love it.
Keep in mind you don't need a raid to obtain this, like you don't need a raid to obtain super nice items like a mantle of the forest - oh wait you're wearing one - or high end blacksmithed stuff that are already being poundered on other threads.

INC thread hijack : as it was said some time ago, WRU BST useable Loop of Hatred ? :p it was pointed as an oversight list time I saw it discussed and was gonna remain ENC useable for fun but added BST.
The problem is that im not the only complaining about the crit. Many people are. By the time i get the earring u have many other crit items. The rewards vs time/effort are not so good on all the items

most of the maps are 1 groupable up to about difficult maps which are probably 2 groupable or a low tiered raid group.
Besides, I think that the quest was more of an incentive to do tmaps.
The quest itself wasn't meant to be a standalone sort of thing otherwise you wouldn't need tmaps to do it.
Tmaps drop sellable loots, raw cash, and sometimes spells at later levels. Not even mentioning the gear on the tmap itself.
So no, I don't think its proper to say the quest rewards aren't worth the time and effort. Only if you're completely ignoring the other aspects that go along with T-maps then yes.
Its a rather unique quest in itself.
On note of the earring, its just my opinion but is it really that bad to have 3% crit on it? I mean, doesn't that free up other Crit item slots???
I think earrings themselves are quite hard to replace let alone earrings that have crit on em.

Back
Top Bottom