Time investment, the new player, and the casual player

-Develop exp methods that don't use the standard grouping model. Zonewide forced hardraids with afk timeouts, more allowance or ways to mitigate for "suboptimal" combinations.
Optimal grouping requirements are pretty much a player enforced thing.

An example: not super long ago I joined a pets only group. 2 mages, 2 necros, and a beastlord. Yeah we had an empty spot but that happens. We killed monsters, got xp, and some mediocre platinum dollars. Also done a caster-only group in everchill. That was fun too. Was it fast paced and the best xp I've ever seen? No, but it was a less than optimal group, so less than optimal xp is kind of expected.

I find the sub-optimal groups are almost always the ones i have the most fun in, and therefore remember better.

I really dont think a wipe on 3,0 would be required. The gap between fresh 65 and tier 13 is not as intimidating as people claim.

What is intimidating and soulcrushing is the gap between fresh 65 and tier 5-6 ish.

After tier 6 tanks are fairly well rounded, casters got their foci and ft and pretty much anyone can perform their roles substantially in xp groups.

Dont need to give new players everything, but I would aim for a method for casuals / newbies to hit that point. I was a cheerleader for expanding bounties because it seemed like the path of least resistance in accomplishing this. Another zone like melc with camps/ rare mobs that would yield no trade quality gear would work too but I think it would suffer from overcamping and ringer farming

How about an adept that can be done by 65's but must have less than X number of AA's? The gear could be growable and help the young 65s work through the early tiers.

I really dont think a wipe on 3,0 would be required. The gap between fresh 65 and tier 13 is not as intimidating as people claim.

What is intimidating and soulcrushing is the gap between fresh 65 and tier 5-6 ish.

After tier 6 tanks are fairly well rounded, casters got their foci and ft and pretty much anyone can perform their roles substantially in xp groups.

Dont need to give new players everything, but I would aim for a method for casuals / newbies to hit that point. I was a cheerleader for expanding bounties because it seemed like the path of least resistance in accomplishing this. Another zone like melc with camps/ rare mobs that would yield no trade quality gear would work too but I think it would suffer from overcamping and ringer farming

Pretty sure you can buy t4-5gear no?

How about an adept that can be done by 65's but must have less than X number of AA's? The gear could be growable and help the young 65s work through the early tiers.

There are a number of T1/2 world spawns that could have their terrible drops (all put pointless in a post iksith BOE world) changed to xpable items to achieve that end. Just looking at Lenny and Gnok the stats on most of their drops could DOUBLE and still be on par or inferior to buyable items.

There are plenty of places in SoD where someone who is boxing new 65s can xp and get decent xp doing it. Of course this all depends on the class combos. If you have 2 people boxing, that's 4 total and again good xp, depending on where you go. It could be non-stop too.

As for gear. There are decent gear drops off T1 - 2 mobs, some can be done with 4 new level 65s. Also, you can get ancient spells for your 65s too! Not just that, there are long quests that lead to decent tier 1 or up to 3 gear. The quests are LONG but with help and determination this can be achieved. Freeport Ring quest. Great item for INT based casters that are new to 65.

I understand the purpose of this post, but at the same time, you can't expect a 65....new person, soloing, to do much at all in a group other than minor DPS or heals in a Cita group. They could find a multiple thing to do, but....this game is designed for you to obviously SLOWLY get there, unless you have MAJOR help.

Example: Handlestash Mustafar guild: They just posted they need dedicated players. They don't care about gear. More than likely, if you can show up 100% of the time to thier raids, you are going to get there crap drops which would make any fresh 65 char, T10 equivalent within a week. I am talking about gear, not AAs/Tomes. You know what I'm sayin?

JK about the guild name, but I'm just trying to be a comedian....maybe I'll just keep my day job.

Btw, please don't turn this game in to Kiddy WoW, or some other crappy kid RPG. I want some sort of difficulty in a game, because I get satisfaction. Without the help of awesome people in my guild and outside of my guild, I spent months....trying to get my Murk Pet Silks Armor spell. EVERYTIME I log on....I think....omg, I don't need to beg some other mage for it anymore. It's finally paid off!

That satisfaction is....well it's an amazing feeling of achievement for me. Also, I don't play many console games, but the ONLY games I really love on console...for the last 3 to 5 years is Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2. Learning that you are just a noob everytime you load the game is a great feeling. To many things in this world are in easy mode. Another example: RL easy mode. A DoD job. You get a clearance.....sit back and get your pay check. LOL....truth, I KNOW!

Btw, please don't turn this game in to Kiddy WoW, or some other crappy kid RPG. I want some sort of difficulty in a game, because I get satisfaction. Without the help of awesome people in my guild and outside of my guild, I spent months....trying to get my Murk Pet Silks Armor spell. EVERYTIME I log on....I think....omg, I don't need to beg some other mage for it anymore. It's finally paid off!

That satisfaction is....well it's an amazing feeling of achievement for me. Also, I don't play many console games, but the ONLY games I really love on console...for the last 3 to 5 years is Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2. Learning that you are just a noob everytime you load the game is a great feeling. To many things in this world are in easy mode. Another example: RL easy mode. A DoD job. You get a clearance.....sit back and get your pay check. LOL....truth, I KNOW!

I agree that part of the fun of EQ and SoD is earning your reward. It feels REALLY good to finally get that item you've been working to earn. It's like crack. That said, the RNG can be a fickle whore. We have all experienced it, and we have all loved/hated it. It can make for some serious heart ache, especially when they need help camping stuff. While it is part of the game, I think that some stuff could maybe see increased drop rates or improved coding to know what classes are in group.

If you want to make life easier for freshly leveled dudes: Spells are seriously tough for new dudes at this point. With population so low, it is a bitch getting their 60-65 spells. Figure something out with this.

I agree that part of the fun of EQ and SoD is earning your reward. It feels REALLY good to finally get that item you've been working to earn. It's like crack. That said, the RNG can be a fickle whore. We have all experienced it, and we have all loved/hated it. It can make for some serious heart ache, especially when they need help camping stuff. While it is part of the game, I think that some stuff could maybe see increased drop rates or improved coding to know what classes are in group.

If you want to make life easier for freshly leveled dudes: Spells are seriously tough for new dudes at this point. With population so low, it is a bitch getting their 60-65 spells. Figure something out with this.

When I started out in 2011, the population was ....much more than it is now. Funny thing: I never saw the spells I needed on a vender. EVERYONE was trying to sell 61-65 spells for 500 to 1k pp. It was a bit stupid. I still found a few on venders though.

However now....I find spells on venders all the time. Why? Because NO one is buying them on listsold. Suggestion to you people who want to sell them on listsold, don't try and destroy peoples hopes and dreams by selling a vender item worth 110pp for 1k or 500pp. Sell it for 200pp. Make a little off of it, stop being greedy, because FOR THE MOST PART it isn't working. Before you know it, you'll have the money for the item you want. ;)

Anyway, I have a few critical spells I am still after for my alts and they are slowly showing up on venders. (Thank you all for vendering btw, it really helps the economy out)

Back
Top Bottom