Tiers 9 through 11 balancing (See post #4 for current status)

Status on Thaz from being there recently:

Fire wing boss even still sometimes bugs out, not allowing you to engage the 3rd wave of trash in the boss area. (Devs have been informed).
Water mini is still way harder than all the other minis unless there's some strat we haven't figured out yet.

Status on Thaz from being there recently:

Fire wing boss even still sometimes bugs out, not allowing you to engage the 3rd wave of trash in the boss area. (Devs have been informed).
Water mini is still way harder than all the other minis unless there's some strat we haven't figured out yet.

Water wing, unless changes have been made since...February(?) is roughly t12-13. I don't want to be insulting or cruel about it, since the devs do this all for free. But, this wing definitely needs the power level tweaked slightly downward. The wing boss fight is pretty neat mechanically, and not very forgiving. Which is cool, just don't see anyone being able to complete this wing that isn't doing really high end content and you can't just "power through".

(Spoiler Alert)
This also applies to the Air boss of the Upper Thaz flagging event, who was doing something, can't remember what. Essentially no-one could get close to him without risking immediate death and we needed to use a mage runic 2 pet to tank the boss and have rangers shoot arrows from the corner, while the tanks and dps also stood in a corner doing nothing but dodging the occasional whirlwind, hoping the rangers didn't pull agro from Smaug/Fbruce (mage pets) and that the healers kept the pet alive for 15-20 minutes.

(Spoiler Alert)
This also applies to the Air boss of the Upper Thaz flagging event, who was doing something, can't remember what. Essentially no-one could get close to him without risking immediate death and we needed to use a mage runic 2 pet to tank the boss and have rangers shoot arrows from the corner, while the tanks and dps also stood in a corner doing nothing but dodging the occasional whirlwind, hoping the rangers didn't pull agro from Smaug/Fbruce (mage pets) and that the healers kept the pet alive for 15-20 minutes.

yea we brought this up initially, the little air elementals that float around do massive amounts of damage if they get close to any PC so tanking that boss is out of the question due to the high concentration of these around the boss itself. Like Anvyl said, the only way that worked was using a mage pet since they were not triggering the elementals' damage.

Every other part of that event was cool and good and we liked it and i want to do it more, but this one phase was so ridiculously out of balance that the overall fight suffers greatly as a result.

I petitioned that that the fire wing boss was bugged and a Dev said he was looking into it.

I'm just trying to understand if it's been looked at/addressed. I understand that devs are busy and time restrictions etc. It would just be nice to know either way so we don't spend another 1.5 hours clearing for nothing.

okay reanimated hopefully this is all smoothed out soon I know it was tweeked recently.. But no gm or anyone came to watch us.. Will be petitioning probably everytime we try that so the staff can judge weather its appropriate for an on tier guild

Resurrecting dead thread ftw! Woo! Any word on Earth Thaz boss being re-implemented, or Upper Thaz coming out? Or Dev-Atheon finishing Temple of Elael? Or Skoal coming back (RIP solosolki)?

Or a tier 12 fight (yeah this thread is 9-11) but Traekoth Jr?

Back
Top Bottom