technical difficulties all of a sudden....

Swandillia

Dalayan Adventurer
Alright yall... I am at a loss for what to do. Since yesterday, I have tried to connect into the patcher and into mumble... and it is not connecting to the server, on either application. The patcher tells me, when i input my (or any account's) username and password, that it cannot connect to the server. Mumble tells me that it cannot connect to www.shardsofdalaya.com

Here is what my husband and i have tried:
1. DNS Flush
2. Changing ports or ip's or something to 8888 and 8844 (per slaar) - this made it to where i could not even chat in IRC, and the patcher itself would not even patch to load. So i reversed this quickly.
3. Redownloading the patcher and mumble and all related files.
4. Resetting modem, router, and laptop
5. Reconfiguring the firewalls to allow the programs specifically
6. Restoring my laptop to a time when the game was running smoothly for me.
7. Checking the port in the eqhost.txt file and making sure that it aligns.

NOTHING HAS WORKED. My husband has determined that it is a problem with the server not letting some accounts through... This makes sense to me because on Monday, when I was in the game, I recall some characters saying that they were having difficulty loading into the game - that it was giving them the same message time and time again. They were also complaining of difficulty accessing SoD related websites.

The only difference between me and those people from Monday, is that I never lost the ability to access SoD related websites... Just the patcher to the game, and mumble....

Help please? Please can the staff look into this problem.... or if anyone has experienced this recently can tell me what they did to fix it, that'd be swell.

Thanks in advance,
Ishlana - Dragonkin Officer - Max AA's and 62 Tomes (waiting to loot some more to do!)

Last edited:
So you can patch, get to account login, and then you can't connect? That's a bit different than what you are saying.

Make sure that you didn't accidentally check the box that says Use EQEmu for Login.

Last edited:
it appears to have been my internet provider.... so if anyone runs into this in the future, call your internet provider and ask them if they blocked the game for whatever reason....

You can also bypass your ISPs DNS servers. My ISP was having this same issue so I shifted my DNS servers to the google ones and instantly got access to SoD again.

Back
Top Bottom