Targe of the Adjutants

shanoma

Dalayan Beginner
I'd like to request that brd/rng be added to this shield due to the frequency of it dropping, lack of a rng-equippable shield on the high-end, and the complete situational nature of its use by those two classes.

Thanks!

Agreed.

Bard shields are virtually nonexistant between our noobie days pre-dual wield...until the lower thaz shield.

I can't imagine bards having access to a shield with +atk is going to unbalance the class.

Do Rangers really need 90 AC and 6DR, on top of their parry stance? I think we know the answer to this. I can see Bards getting added, as they have both the AoA shield, and the Thaz shield, so they at least have a trend already set up.

Bards can't have everything :hmph:

# A staff officer who helps a commanding officer with administrative affairs.
# An assistant.

Although this kinda describes a bard

Mythryn said:
Do Rangers really need 90 AC and 6DR, on top of their parry stance? I think we know the answer to this. I can see Bards getting added, as they have both the AoA shield, and the Thaz shield, so they at least have a trend already set up.

The stance you're referring to only works with 2 weapons equipped. It does not work with a shield equipped. If a ranger isn't dual-wielding two weapons, that stance can't be activated.

Add more shields that rangers can use while bowing? Yeah... probably not such a hot idea.

While the topic is hot I think Protector's Aegis should have the ranger tag removed from it, and bard added.

Xach said:
Add more shields that rangers can use while bowing? Yeah... probably not such a hot idea.

Create a ranger only shield of the appropriate tier with like -100 archery.

Xach said:

While the topic is hot I think Protector's Aegis should have the ranger tag removed from it, and bard added.

Oh no, we'll be able to use all that awesome +block skill while bowing mobs from out of melee range...

Aside from maybe a focus effect or a clicky (and as far as I know only one shield has either, and its droppable and the focus is meh for rangers) the most a ranger could get out of using a shield while kiting is some extra stats, oh no.

Seriously what's wrong with giving rangers a few shields? Oh hey, phantom strike mobs...oh wait, S4 is better than shield and S8, or even shield and S3. Ramp tanking? S4 is still better.

Even if adding Rangers to more shields isn't going to happen, taking them off shields they can already use is a waste of effort, really. I can think of one encounter in the entire game where a ranger might want to use a real shield (and yes it happens I want to get a shield for that encounter, but it isn't even remotely game-breaking) over S2/S4/S8.

Shields for rangers affect balance as much as the dmg/dly on caster and priest weapons: not at all. It does however keep some drops from rotting.

Back
Top Bottom