Tank / Cleric Two Box Question

Yeah if you plan on raiding, no one is gonna want your tank, period. Cleric, Cleric, Cleric, is all you'll hear.

P.S. Roll Halfling Cleric.

Yeah if you plan on raiding, no one is gonna want your tank, period. Cleric, Cleric, Cleric, is all you'll hear.

P.S. Roll Halfling Cleric.

I can assure you, if you are active, and have a tier appropriate charm/exp (or better) guilds will look at you no matter what your gear looks like. I have always embraced a recruiting style in which I do not pass up high playtime tomed/charmed tanks or healers, as they are far too valuable to run the risk of only running with the bare necessities.

I say monk is the best tank to box with a healer. People might argue against it because they dont play Lleoc but they are wrong cause i said so.

On second thought ,You can't go wrong boxing a tank with a healer because /ooc (Instertzonename) Group looking for more PST will fill your groups fast every time. Just pick a zone on par with your tanking stats.
But in the long run you'll end up leaving the tank behind once you get in a guild.

Monk/healer or bard/healer probably gives you the best chance to actually keep your melee character around once you get into guilds. Its better to be adamant about playing your melee rather than your healer and offer to box the healer in as an alt when needed. You'll gear both that way and farm/xp easier

Monk/healer or bard/healer probably gives you the best chance to actually keep your melee character around once you get into guilds. Its better to be adamant about playing your melee rather than your healer and offer to box the healer in as an alt when needed. You'll gear both that way and farm/xp easier

A good plan when possible but most guilds dont want another mnk.

They're silly to not. Double monk is extremely efficient, easily the best dps to carry more than one of.

I say monk is the best tank to box with a healer. People might argue against it because they dont play Lleoc but they are wrong cause i said so.

i tend to agree with this, my cleric + that monk is a fairly decent duo.

and to contribute somewhat, don't make a cleric just because it might get you a raid spot. this game has a lot of clerics who didn't make it because it's what they wanted to play, and it tends to not end well if a player forces themselves into playing it. if you are good, and tenacious, you can rise to the top of this game as anything.

Last edited:
This thread has got me thinking, so maybe some of you experienced players can advise me.

I'm coming back after a hiatus, but I usually can only play SoD for half of the year--that means guilding is probably out for me, but I still love the game and play it for lore, exploration, roleplaying etc.

In the future, however, I might be able to play more regularly and would be happy to join a raiding guild then, but for now I usually play a sk/cleric duo, which does very well. But I do notice when joining pick up groups or raids that my SK is almost never wanted since every group raid usually has a tank already, and god forbid a group should have two tanks! My monk gets groups much easier for this reason, as she is always welcome for dps and can even tank decently if needed.

My question is: how much better is monk dps than sk? And how much better tanking is sk than monk?

If I am going to be duoing alot, but will eventually want to join a guild with both my duo chars, should I forget the sk and just duo with the monk/cleric? I hate, in my low playtime, to miss groups and it just seems easier to get in one with a monk.

Also, I like playing my shammy a bit better than cleric. Can monk/shammy duo do as well as monk/cleric duo at high tiers?

Thanks for any advice

Back
Top Bottom