Sunburst

Elysium

Dalayan Adventurer
Sunburst is a 2hb that drops off the Guardian of the Sun Shrine, the boss mob of Everchill:

Sunburst
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 24
DMG: 30
Effect: Flash Fire (Combat)
STR: +15 DEX: +20 STA: +15 CHA: +20 WIS: +15 INT: +15
AGI: +20 HP: +110 MANA: +110
Wt: 3.0
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK BST
Race: ALL

Here's another end-game 2hb weapon I'd like to compare it to:

Jagged Emerald Staff of Evisceration
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 38
DMG: 51
Effect: Eviscerate (Combat)
Focus Effect: Bane Enhancement V
STR: +20 DEX: +35 STA: +20 WIS: +20 AGI: +35 HP: +160
MANA: +90
SV DISEASE: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
Wt: 5.0
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK BST
Race: ALL

This drops off Master of the Gates in Prison. I've fought both GotSS and MotG a couple of times each, and I find them to be about equal in difficulty,
if anything, the actual GotSS fight takes more coordination. But I guess the amount of work it takes to actually get to MotG supercedes the coordination
GotSS calls for. However, I don't feel this is a great enough difference in the overall difficulty to justify the difference in quality of the two weapons.

Comparison:

What Sunburst has over MotG stick:

+20 Cha
+15 Int
+20 Mana
2.0 less weight

What MotG stick has over Sunburst:

Better ratio
Better proc
Focus effect
+5 Str
+15 Dex
+5 Sta
+15 Agi
+50 HP
+10 SV Disease
+10 SV Magic
+10 SV Poison

Let's admit it, Sunburst is most likely going to either a Monk or a Beastlord, so the extra INT isn't very important, and although the extra Cha and Mana is nice for a Beastlord, I doubt it's going to be the deciding factor on whether or not they'll use the weapon. The low weight is definitely a nice feature though. To be honest I just don't feel Sunburst is good enough for what it drops off. I think giving it some kind of upgrade, like adding +5 to combat stats, around 20 HP, and maybe a couple Fire DMG (Why not, it's a fireball stick after all heheh) wouldn't be too unreasonable of a request. As it stands it mostly sits in my backpack, while I use my 1hb's (both attained by mobs easier than GotSS) instead, and that makes me sad.

But I guess the amount of work it takes to actually get to MotG supercedes the coordination
GotSS calls for.

I think this is more important than you gave it credit.

rab said:
But I guess the amount of work it takes to actually get to MotG supercedes the coordination
GotSS calls for.

I think this is more important than you gave it credit.

I remember it taking awhile, but you have to clear to GotSS too. I honestly couldn't estimate times for both of them since it has been awhile... Mind giving me the standard?

GotSS has like 8 IGs to kill, in addition to EF trash. With the raid you have, not terribly long -- 30 minutes?

MOTG has 8 shards to collect (this is usually done beforehand by a clever flopping monk), but 4 of them require mini kills, and the pulls are much much trickier. 1-2 hours minimum.

Then again, I don't pay attention on raids. I just click butan 2 heel. (aka someone else correct me prz)

MOTG has much better loot than his difficulcy. This is intentional. Do not use his loot as a judging standard.

rab said:
GotSS has like 8 IGs to kill, in addition to EF trash. With the raid you have, not terribly long -- 30 minutes?

MOTG has 8 shards to collect (this is usually done beforehand by a clever flopping monk), but 4 of them require mini kills, and the pulls are much much trickier. 1-2 hours minimum.

Then again, I don't pay attention on raids. I just click butan 2 heel. (aka someone else correct me prz)

Not to mention that several of the mini encounters required to kill MOTG can be fairly rough (juggo, and I've seen legacy raids wipe to a few vandathians).

Understandable, but I still feel Sunburst should be a bit better. When I have my 2 1h's equipped (Needle-Fist and Wildstrike Baton) I get better stats, and I seem to do more damage. Of course, I could very well be wrong, so I'll have to do some parsing.

Any official statement at the moment though??

Either way, thanks for reading/replying.

I can pretty much guarantee that needle-fist / wildstrike falls a considerable amount lower in DPS than the Sunburst does. GotSS isn't all that difficult.. As for an actual upgrade, I think it's pretty balanced at the moment.

I dont wanna argue this but since i Have Sunburst i feel required to put in my 2cp. Sunburst's stats imo are fine but the ratio seems just a LITTLE off. Hasted with the Sunburst and hasted with EC fist and Cil dagger (Beast) i do Considerable more dmg with the h2h and dagger.

Bsts dont get double attack till 10 AA"s (Which i have) and i find myself Doubling more with 2 weapons then with the 2hb. Also My average hits with the 2hb is around 100ish and with my Duel wield weps its around 45 ish. Duel wield + double attack seems to do alot more damage.

And on raid mobs my Sunburst is hitting for Considerably Less 70ish sometimes 50's and missing alot more, While my duel wield i lose some damage but i still seem to do considerably more damage with my Duel wield weps. And if procs are counting in this, the sunburst is around 300 DoT and proc's faily often but the downside is i cant really use it in situations when mez may be needed ASAP.

While i can just pull off my Cil dagger and have a 350's proc from FP gloves+ stun and an Attack Debuff from EC glove so the Sunburst proc seems trivialized. And i cant do /s 5 with my staff which reduces even more opportunitues to do dmg which is a total turn off cause Bstlord's already dont have great double attack. When you take this item and compare it

To Blade of formless void from Zirvane which both mobs seem to be pretty close GoTSS still harder but the Blade has a better ratio and Bsts or monks cant use and there really isnt anything comparable dropped thats 2hb. Sunbursts stats just seem a little short of what they should be for the difficulty of the mob

Imo my idea to solve problem. Cause my Sunburst is bagged too =(.

Make sunburst's effect into a hard to resist DD equal to the dot dmg.(Much Much Much more attactive then)

Add 2 or 3 fire damage
Add 1 or 2 more base damage
Maybe add some resists(Sunburst FR? or CR cause your flaming staff is keeping you warm.)

P.S. Not to offend just my view of the issue.

Edited to make it readable. Paragraphs are your friend. (Thanks GF was rushing me off to dinner.)

Well Hace dont forget that with beastlords no other weapon skills will cap as high as your h2h so that will affect your effectiveness of using that 2hander.

Fetchumn said:
If i can remember right legacy done it in about 25 mins :)

But by this time we had stupid gear.

This is just pointless irrelevant boasting. Stop shitting up my thread. :)

Sunburst is perfectly fine IMO - like Wiz said there's quite a bit more than simply killing MoTG involved in getting access to his loot, so it's designed to be better than average.

I don't think Fetchumn was "pointless irrelevant boasting" with his comment. He was pointing out that the clear to GotSS is NOTHING compared to the effort it takes to get to MotG. If you gathered all the ground spawn components necessary to make MotG vulnerable ahead of time, you are still looking at close to 2 hours to get to him even with no wipes. And since you aren't supposed to "walk on your head" to avoid content, you have to kill GotSS to even get your Prison key. Thus indicating that GotSS is lower on the progression chain and so should yield lower caliber drops.

I shouldn't have put "irrelevant", my bad, but it was pointless boasting. I already acknowledged the fact that it takes much longer to get to MotG after Rabb and Wiz posted about it.

I just wanted to sound cool like Zhak with his "stop shitting up my thread" bit, okay? :canada:

Anyways, I guess my request is done for, thanks for considering.

Back
Top Bottom