Suggestions for my Warrior

yisten

Dalayan Beginner
I recently started playing and decided to go with a War/Clr duo. I have them to level 13 currently and have some questions on gear.

I have never played a warrior before (Played a Wizard to 65 and a rogue on live) and have no idea what weapons and armor to use nor which stats are best to get. I figure AC > watever stat to a point, maybe I'm wrong. I am currently weilding a 1HB and spec'ing Blunt/Avoidance but need an upgrade.

Should I dual wield? 1 hander and a shield? Big hitting 2 hander? All of the above? Are there any specific weapons I can be looking to get in the next 15 levels?

Any advise on all of this or anything warrior specific would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

-Yisten

Ok. Well I picked up a couple weapons:

Mastercrafted Silver Tel'Va
and
Mastercrafted Silver Ner'Tok

Which covers my piercing and 2hb weapons for now. I am still looking for a 1hs/2hs/1hb to round out my weapon skills (although, they seem to go up VERY slow :( )

You all think these will get a by for a while?

And one last question.. What stats should I be working on getting for my war? AC -> STR? -> ??.. I'm kinda lost.

Thanks in advance.

First of all, your skills only seem to go up slowly, because they are low to start. Most skills (melee especially) will only "roll" for a chance to go up on a success. Therefore, if the skill is low, you barely ever hit, so you barely get chances for the skill to increase. Just be patient with them, and you'll notice that by the time they hit 100 or so, they'll increase much faster.

Now, for the meat of the questions:

As a warrior, I would personally work on all weapon skills if you have the funds available. Since you are a warrior, you are a master of weapons, so most are available to your class. That way, if you come across a really nice 2hb weapon, you don't have to say "Damn, now I wish my skill was above 13. . .oh well, give it to the monk who doesn't really need it anyway" (which I have seen happen =P).

As far as Dual-Wield or Two-handers...yes. As I said above, keep your options open. Personally, from all that I have seen in SoD, until you hit high-end raid levels, you are much better off dual-wielding or two-handing as a warrior, than you are using a shield. The reason for this is that it is much harder for you to hold onto aggro when using just one one-handed weapon. Dual-Wield appear to hold much better aggro (more hits, more often), where two-handers are much better for riposte damage. The problem with "Sword and board" style as any class other than a Paladin/Shadowknight, is that they will always be much more effective with that style, due to class-specific weapons they have available. In SoD, PAL/SK have quite a few really nice ratio (not to mention proc/stats) one-handed weapons, to help balance on their dps (therefore, I could guess, to not force them to use two-handers if they want to do *any* real dps beyond their spell damage).

So, until you hit high-end, and are the MT for a big raiding guild, I wouldn't worry too much about shields, especially since you'll always have a dependable cleric backing you up ;-P Dual-wield when you feel like, and two-hand when you feel like. Play around with both, and whatever drops, or you find for a good price, you'll be able to use, nearly forever.

I hope this helps you out. And please feel free to drop me a line anytime in-game. (I'd be Tulio or Talanthas, most likely)

Safe journeys, and happy hunting!

cant add to much more as to general as a warrior it was said well. just rember to check out the warrior quest out there. there are some nice gear/item to get. yours hason the warrior :dance:

Back
Top Bottom