Style changes to wiki

There is 0 red text on the tradeskill pages :psyduck:
click on fletching guy.

or blacksmithing

or jewelcrafting

or alchemy

or fishing

...but other then that you are correct.

However the light blue on off white is also equally horrible on the eyes.

mmk. reverting my changes until I have a better handle on CSS then, since I'm not allowed to ask for help.

click on fletching guy.

or blacksmithing

or jewelcrafting

or alchemy

or fishing

...but other then that you are correct.

However the light blue on off white is also equally horrible on the eyes.

I realized that 30 seconds after I posted it.

Also the light blue on gray is way better than light blue on white was.

Wow, way to take things the wrong way.

Frankly, I am grateful for your effort to improve the wiki, however, if you need help or are out of your depth, maybe asking for help prior to making sweeping changes could be a more viable alternative for the future.

Examples:
newstyle.png

Analysis:
A - Stuff by the arrows is hard to read

B -
geocities page circa early 1990's.

C - Stuff by arrow is hard to read, even more so where it says "450 ticks ticks".

D - Pretty bold and crazy colors

E - Stuff by arrows is hard to read. We have red, with pea green, with blue with etc

F - Moar crazy colors here.

G - Hard to read by arrow, lots of color combinations here.

Conclusion:
Just seems like way too many random crazy colors with no overall scheme. Kinda like aisling described with the whole 90's geocites page. Not very uniform, why the need for so many different colors (some are very bold and loud or w/e).

Whats so wrong with simple and uniform like the old style:
oldstyle.jpg

Last edited:
Clear your cache.

Edit: I'm going to continue to develop the new style, and learn to port the template styles into the style sheet as classes/ids.

There is a difference between constructive critique and bitching. Since Renshu's post really brings to light how shortsighted a lot of this bitching is, I'm not really going to worry about what any of you have said here. Items, Races, Classes, NPCs, etc have had their own colors schemes for over a year, the new colors are simply darker versions of what was already there. A lot of what he's picking at is stuff that has existed for months / years. The ticks ticks thing is a template error that developed months ago (and should see resolution soon, from what I've heard.) The colors on the spell template itself haven't changed in years. If you liked the new colors, feel free to steal my monobook theme and add it to your own. If I can learn what I'm doing enough to make this work, hopefully we'll have a selection of new themes to chose from. Until then, enjoy eye-blind white.

Last edited:
The ticks ticks thing is a template error that developed months ago
I was referring to the color of the words vs the color of the backgroud, not the template error.

Look, I'm not trying to hurt your feeling, I'm just giving my opinion on the changes.

If I have a nice house and I go out and spend a lot of time painting the house pink and my gutters green and the windows blue and the doors red and the shutters grey, I might think it looks cool, but my neighbors are going to bitch.

I can understand the idea of wanting to make a dark b/g with light words. Maybe try to make a skin like that and another like the old style.

It was a valiant effort, Rari.

That said, The reversion isn't complete. Looks like we've got a lot of tradeskill tables using peices of both formatting.

Are you new around here?

Syalara has been a member much longer than yourself (which is easy to tell from the join date under the avatar), but I'm new and I still can't read the wiki easily any more. I don't see what this has to do with anything except alienating the veterans or noobies...

There is a difference between constructive critique and bitching. Since Renshu's post really brings to light how shortsighted a lot of this bitching is, I'm not really going to worry about what any of you have said here.

Constructive criticism gets bypassed when you've made an essential tool for new players and a handy reference for old timers an eye sore. You don't currently have the skills to pull a project like this off, which is understandable, but you could of tested your build offline and saw how people responded to it.

You're angry that you tried to do something helpful for the community and few people like it, but to blatantly say "I don't care what you all think" when you're messing with something everyone uses is idiocy.

Why break what wasn't broken?

Syalara has been a member much longer than yourself (which is easy to tell from the join date under the avatar), but I'm new and I still can't read the wiki easily any more. I don't see what this has to do with anything except alienating the veterans or noobies...

Constructive criticism gets bypassed when you've made an essential tool for new players and a handy reference for old timers an eye sore. You don't currently have the skills to pull a project like this off, which is understandable, but you could of tested your build offline and saw how people responded to it.

You're angry that you tried to do something helpful for the community and few people like it, but to blatantly say "I don't care what you all think" when you're messing with something everyone uses is idiocy.

Why break what wasn't broken?

Safiya, posting from your second account doesn't make you any more credible it just makes you look dumb. :psyduck:

It was a valiant effort, Rari.

That said, The reversion isn't complete. Looks like we've got a lot of tradeskill tables using peices of both formatting.

prettytable code is back in place! :dance:

infoboxes and related templates will stay as is for a bit.

So, if I'm Safiya then you're Rari?

Know what you're talking about before you post...

cdma's only other post before this thread was to agree with yourself in a thread you made about something really stupid. Come on this isn't he stone age it's pretty obvious you are just trying to make yourself look credible.

I wasn't going to reply to this so I didn't offend, but I will.

Keep the Wiki simple. It's not a forum, it's not something that needs to look uber awesome while you're surfing the web.

It's a quick reference tool when raiding for me, and something I want to be able to navigate easily.

IMHO, if you can keep the default thing, then add skins in if people choose to install them, that would be the best option. If not, honestly, mid raid, someone asks me a question, then I went, screw it, look it up yourself.

Yes, I like the new look, if I was on the Wiki a lot. Make it an option (if possible), not mandatory?

Safiya, posting from your second account doesn't make you any more credible it just makes you look dumb. :psyduck:

Don't be so stupid, you are only embarrassing yourself.

I have never resorted to cheesy tactics like posting from a 2nd account on an internet forum to make a point. You can take your accusations and assumptions and shove them squarely up your ass.

Back on topic:
Thank you for reverting some (most?) of the pages.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom