Stupid Patch...

Kaio

Dalayan Beginner
It's not that I meant to, but for some reason the late day of the party day, my eqgame.exe started acting up. The only way I could fix it was to get a replacement. I tried to patch download one from the eqlive, but I couldn't cancel the D/L before another file was downloaded, and so I altered the eqmain.dll. Now I'm stuck...updated to 5.5 and can't log on but one dull boring emu server. =(

I doubt I'm getting any conversions to go back to 5.3, so until I can find one, or until WR is 5.5, I must say, adu =(

Kaio Kenn
44th Magician of the Quad Squad

Try deleting the eqgame.exe and using the install disk(s) to repair your files, it should give you the eqgame you were using.

Hmm

Appreciate the EQFIX, but I had already just gone through with the full patch after I found out that attempting to patch back the eqgame.exe failed. =(

I'd pretty much need to replace every file that was patched, and like a fool, i dont have any logs of it or know which files i added/changed.

I'll just have to wait for 5.5 =(

Eh...No...You just paste eqfix files into your eqemu directory and overwrite old ones...It *should* work. (Hint: Seperate EQLive and EQEmu folders is a cool thing to have.)

nope

Eq fix was nothing more than the eqgame.exe file...unless I was supposed to run that specifically or something, than no good...

As for two seperate folders for Live and Emu, my computer is a dinosaur. I mean literally an old pile of junk. Everquest is the only real actual program on this computer other than small basic ones, IRC, AIM, etc, and there's barely enough room with EQ on it...so a copy wouldn't fit.

It's ok, I am patient. I can wait. =/

Back
Top Bottom