Stuck during patching

TrueRWB

Dalayan Beginner
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the EMU world and a friend and I just found your website. He has had no problems patching the WR emulator but when I patch I have no problems untill I start downloading spells_us.txt

It just stays still, does nothing, no download anything.

I did the set up part, downloaded the patcher, and downloaded the hotfix.

I also worked with the EQEmu instructions and followed them to the T.

I've tried rebooting and running the patcher again, but to only start out stuck on the spells_us.txt to download.

My friend also thinks it could be how I installed EQ. When he built my computer we just took his files and installed them onto my computer instead of using the discs.

I don't really know what else I could provide to help fix this problem, but if there is something I would be happy to provide it.

Thanks to all that read this, I hope anyone can help!

My friend also thinks it could be how I installed EQ. When he built my computer we just took his files and installed them onto my computer instead of using the discs.
That's np, I made a backup copy of my eq folder and I'm currently playing with it. Did you try copying his working files?

We only copied the EQ files. All of them. So any UI, SS's whatever he had now I have them.

Are you saying just back up the files in another directory and work EQ emu from there? Or back up the files and work with the old ones?

I made a copy of my installed, patched to live, eq folder, so I don't need to install + patch anymore. And using that copy, I just use the WR fix and the WR patch to play.

What I suggested you was copying your friend's working eq folder to a dvd (don't think it will fit anywhere else...) and paste overwritting your own eq folder. This way you can, at least, dismiss any problem related to the eq installation + wr fix/patch and start asking for a more concret support.

Since it seems you only have a problem with spells_us.txt, it may be enough by copying it into the patcher folder (the one called wrfiles, where I think it downloads the needed files) and then on the eq folder (d:\everquest in my case).

Also notice that I'm quite new and my help may be unaccurate...

spell_us.txt

Go into wrpatcher folder and delete spells_us.txt and try to repatch, All files that you get with wrpatcher go into the wrpatcher directory. Also you may also want to disable your firewall/antivirus temporarily while patching the just turn them back on. Luck!!!!

Well...I deleted the wrdirectory and patched. Got to spells_us.txt and the patcher stopped again and went no further.

So I just deleted everything in the folder, same thing happened.

I turned off the firewall/antivirus and tried to patch, same thing.

Maybe it's just God saying DON'T PLAY EQ YOU'LL FAIL SCHOOL!

Well...I've deleted all WR files. I've run the patcher several times. I've even sent an email to someone cause the patcher told me to.

Should I uninstall EQ, then install it again and go from there? Or just keep deleting stuff till i get it right? Heh...well delete the WR stuff I mean.

Bump... Any clues as to what could be the problem when getting stuckw ith just Spells_US.txt? any guess or speculation would help. We keep trying things but nothing is working

Back
Top Bottom